PDA

View Full Version : Here's Monday

Blondie
July 9th, 2012, 05:48 AM

Happy Monday, Folksies

I was offline yesterday, actually without power for much of the day for some unknown reason. We've not had any stormy weather, so we figured some thingie must've blown somewhere. See what a tech nerd I am?

I've been staying with Mom the past few nights. Sis and I worked out a night over schedule that seems to be working. I stay with Mom Sun-Tuesday nites, and Sis stays with her Wed-Fri. We both stay there on Saturday night and have a jammie party with the Moms. We watched some old Thin Man dvds on Saturday evening and poured over some gardening magazines. And then I cleaned out my Mom's frig. I literally threw everything out. She is more than a magazine, book, what not hoarder. She is a food left over niblet type of hoarder. After convincing her that growing her own pencillin is not such a good idea, I feel a bit better about eating anything from inside there.

If I am a lucky girl today I will go downstairs and at least look at my sewing area. The most I have seen is to go and feed the kitty, clean the litter and love her a few minutes a day. The room is not a total wreck but since I am so lazy about cleaning as I go, it is not exactly ready for me to sit and sew. It's been a good few weeks and I almost have forgotten what I was working on. Went down yesterday and saw the riding the rails project and of course the evening star block pieces ready to be finished. Now for whatever is in the other piles I have no clue. Hate that when it happens. You gals that are spot on with your notes, organizing etc have my envy. That gene skipped me. Thankfully it landed on my daughter.

Off to find the coffee pot. Sure hope that hubs has some ready. I walked on the wooded path up the hill and first thing I did was turn on this computer to visit with you. Now I need a good strong cup to read the rest of the news here.

SMILE

Kizzie
July 9th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Morning Blondie and other fabulous ladies!!

I havent been in this thread in a while as I always seem to catch the days end when everyone has gone to bed - over the time zones already....

Welll here is some horrid news... our landlady in America wont pay us at all now - so we have been sent the $3800 dollar bill from the Australian Government because the money is easier to retrieve from us than her (AS IF ANYONE HAS $4k lying around!!)

So hubby is trying to fight this - its been so unfair. I wish sometimes we could receive a pick-me-up we are very much due one!!! too much stress going on.

Dad is back in hospital again he was vomiting all yesterday and mum went home from work early to get the nurse over then he was admitted - I hope he just gets better sooner rather than later because of his bone marrow transplant due in aug/sept

Matilda is doing well 6 teeth now all at once cant believe it!!

I'm really enjoying practicing on my longarm - I feel like I'm actually achieving something now

I have had a cold snap and some of my garden vegies arent going so well :(

This weekend there is a 7hr sit and sew at a place about 1hr away from me I CANT WAIT TO GO!!!

There is a machine quilting festival end of Sept early october I was going to be going to but now we have this bill unless I can get it waivered I wont be going anywhere!!!

Anyways new blog post off too if you feel like a read

Kiz

xxx Love and hugs to all!!! xxx

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Kizzie, Sounds like you guys have had some bad news lately, so sorry about that! Hope your dad begins to feel better, and the rent thing gets straightened out. When life gets tough, look at that darling baby girl, and go to your sewing room for some relaxation!

Blondie, hope mom gets back on her feet and you and your sis don't have to worry every minute. How did her heart monitor test go? I had one last year, and it took the doc a few weeks to analyze it.

We are having the first rain in months here, I wish it would last all day.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Bubby
July 9th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Good Morning Early Birds!

I have a long day today with another trip to Cuba to possibly rent an apartment and everything associated with that. Miss Molly will have to make the trip with me -her third day in a row to go to Cuba....she's a little trooper. I am so looking forward to Fall and slowing down for the winter and getting some serious sewing done. I love the new sewing space but haven't had that much time to enjoy it.

Blondie, you and Sis are taking such good care of Mom. How much longer will you have to continue your sleepovers? I pray Mom bounces right back to her old self, only better.

It's time for me to wake up my household, so I will wish everyone a good Monday and lots of coffee to get going! I may be the only non-coffee one in our group...actually no caffeine even!! It gets depressing when I think about it....so I'm off to wake up my sleepy teddybear and Molly. Hugs, Barb

quilter.martha
July 9th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Morning all! I woke up to a very chilly house this morning. It dropped to 50* last night and we had windows open all over the house! I'm surprised the heat didn't kick on.

Kizzie, I don't entirely understand why the Aussie government is billing you for the rent issue. I guess I've missed some posts somewhere along the line. I hope it all gets worked out soon for you. Enjoy your long arm. How I would love to try one out.

Hopefully today I have a couple of friends coming over for some sewing. That was the plan at least, but I know things can change on a dime with these 2 gals. If not, I'm going to sew anyway! I'm working on a couple of Linus Project quilts. I'm to the quilting part which I do enjoy.

So everyone have a great day, and as Blondie says, Smile!

Loonwatcher
July 9th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Good morning. It has been forever since I've been able to join this post. Just haven't had the time to read all your posts. And last week I was at camp all week - no Internet there. Too much company to get much sewing done butnindid finish a lap quilt and would have finished another but didn't have enough batting. Don't you hate that. When I got home last night I washed the new quilt and a purse I made using a chenille technique. The purse didn't poof like it should have. Perhaps I just have to wash and dry it multiple times. I have guild on Tuesday and will ask the gal who taught us about chenilling. Pictures to follow on the lap quilt tonight.

We did have to come home on Friday as we both had PT appointments. This was my first for my plantar faceitis which is sometimes so bad I can't walk. But because everything is connected my ankles and sciatic are also killing me. Hope to get it straightened out (mostly) by the time we go to Alaska in mid August. Will surely want to walk there.

Blondiep, you are such a good daughter. Hope mom is better soon. I missed what's going on with her but it sounds like she's in great hands.

Kizzie, I completely missed your rent story and it really stinks that you've gotten that bill. I hope it works out soon.

MRoy
July 9th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Good Morning! We finally got some much needed rain last night...not enough to break the drought but it's a start that we're thankful for. Highs in the 80's this week...gee, reckon I'll need a sweater? ;) I've got to finish cleaning the bedrooms we don't use and stocking up on groceries this week so we'll be ready when the grand kids arrive Sunday.

We're having a meeting at work today with potluck lunch. I've made scalloped broccoli...it's good two ways. It's so easy to make and everyone at work likes it. I need another cup of coffee before officially starting my day. Have a great day!

Granny Judy
July 9th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Bubby, I'm a NO CAFFEINE person also.. you are NOT alone in that respect. Kizzie, Hang in there Darlin'. Roads that are roughest are always followed by smoother, much appreciated one. Blondie, YOU & Sis are being considered for Sainthood. Loves ya.. Jean, send some of that rain my way, please. Martha, have fun sewing today, with or without the other girls. Loonwatcher, take care of yourself so you can "trip" around the world seeing all the sights.. I'll be watching for your Chenille post.

Here is a smile for all today... A Clean Joke.

Do you remember the famous Olympic skier Picabo Street (pronounced Pee-Ka-Boo) Well, Picabo is not just an athlete. She is now a nurse currently working at an Intensive Care Unit of a large metropolitan hospital. She is not permitted to answer the hospital telephones any longer. It caused too much confusion when she would answer the phone and say, Picabo, I.C.U.

Now that put a smile on your face, Right??

Monique
July 9th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Good morning everyone.

Yesterday I was determined to NOT stay in the house. So hubby had an option, do something together or I do something. He opted to stay home. I had wanted to visit with my aunt (The only one I have left) but she was going out. One of her grandsons was taking her out. I will reschedule. So I phoned a cousin who has had pictures waiting for me to pick up for some time now. We had a lovely visit and her daughter popped in too. I then went to this huge cemetery where my parents are buried. I could not find the spot, and no I did not write down the information. I then decided I would visit my sister, but she wasn't home either. On the way home, I took a little detour and tried to visit with an old family friend. She was good friends with my mother. There was so answer although the car was in the yard. Well that is what I get for not calling ahead I guess. I did have a good afternoon despite it all.

Today, I will continue squaring up the blocks. I hate this job!! I may do a little more organizing in my sewing room/spare room.

Kizzie, sorry to hear about your troubles. Fight it all the way.

ginampls
July 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM
thats funny picabo icu...cracked me up a bit..

all is well here Rob left for his big shot as a Millwright union worker. abbey is going to be home here with mom and steve. I get off work at 1:30 so i should be home by 2 pm then we are going to go to the free pool....hopefully a bit of grocery shopping. steve is planning a fish fry for supper. walley. yumm. at least we hope yum...

i sure do hope robs new job works out for him...not just any body can get into this union...but they are giving him a chance and i am happy for him..well i need to take off here. and get ready for the day...have to work..mondays are not bad there.at J. but it is never predictable..for sure people will come and buy fabric...yarn... decorations..silk flowers... ect..ect.. well i am off.. have a great day everyone.

GrammaBabs
July 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Morning all.... Blondie.... i know what you mean... our sewing rooms are perhaps twins....my DD got the gene as well,,, NOT me... DH started last night while i was on the computer to say,,, You just don't realize... then stopped and mumbled... no you don't..............as he was using the dust buster to "loudly" vacume up the crumbs on the kitchen floor right under me ...hehehehehehehe...
Getting too old and too tired to re act to that stuff... he "likes" cleaning things up... i LIKE making messes!!!!! 44 yrs..July 27... not much is going to change anytime soon... LOL
Lord i Love that man....:)
Keep the faith all... i get exhausted just reading your posts!!! Love you all....I'm just getting old and enjoying every minute.....hugs B

SuzyQue
July 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I plan to spend this day doing only what I love to do........reading and sewing! One day.....just for me!! How selfish that sounds, but it will be only one day.........and who knows what might come up to change that even! What a lovely way to start this "me" day.....reading on this site!

Sandy Navas
July 9th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Checking in. Don't know what I can say that hasn't already been said. Didn't sleep well Saturday night so after checking in here yesterday I went back to bed. Woke for lunch and then went back to bed. Not sick, just feeling tired. Didn't sleep at all well last night either . . . wonder why.

Planning to get some sewing done today but first have to watch Baby Agnes while big sister works and the other girls are at swim practice. Friday, however, I did get most of Al's quilt top put together (no pictures . . . I left my camera in my Li'l Sis's car!!). I also did a couple embroidery pieces for pincushions . . . actually one is machine applique and I love, love, love it.

That's about it. Al and I are enjoying the cooler air today - nice rain while I slept yesterday. Wish it had decided to hang around longer and spread out to all in need of moisture.

Youall take care and have a wonderful day!!

sewbizzy
July 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Good Morning Everyone...Judy I loved the Picabo ICU joke...thanks for the laugh!!
Blondie, I am a coffee-addict also...can't function without it...I hope you and your sister get a break soon...Bless you for taking such good care of your Mom!
Barb, be careful in your travels...good luck with the apartment rental
Gina, don't work too hard!!! sounds like a have a great fish fry
Myrna and Jean I'm glad you got the much needed rain...
Kizzie, you are a wonder woman like Jean...I hope it works out with the money owed you and your dh..
Monique, Glad you got to visit some...we all need to get out once in a while
Nancy, I hope your feet are are on the mend so you can enjoy yourself in Alaska..
I am planning on finishing up more UFOs today...dh wants me to take a trip to check out a new fishing spot to take the grandsons...
To everyone I missed, Blessings and have a great day...KEEP ON SEWING!!!

middlesis1966
July 9th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Happy Monday all!! Its been a roller coaster day for sure. I was doing so well up until today. I don't want my kids to worry anymore then is needed. I go tomorrow for my sonogram on the lump the Onc felt. I know I said I wasn't gonna go there, but today I did. I was a very healthy woman up to the day I found that the lump I felt wasn't just another cyst, it was cancer this time. I keep hold of the fact that it's just a lump, but now I'm not so sure anymore. I want this test to be done and over with and then for Friday to hurry and come, so I can hear the Onc say Paula its ok. Its just alittle something something that is nothing. Anyways thanks for letting me vent, I needed it. Hubby is gone for 2 weeks so he's not around for me to talk with. Plus there is no cell service in the sticks so I can't even call him.

Blondie it's good to see your momma is getting such great care from you and your sissy. She is so blessed to have such caring daughters like you both. A lot of kids now a days don't want to help out with the parents when they need it. God bless you both.

Have a fun filled night all and take care!!!!

SuzyQue
July 10th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Paula--prayers said....hoping to hear the great news that it is all ok. Relax and breathe. You will always find a listening ear on here. Sorry your hubby is away right now when you need him so much. The waiting must be very difficult!

lilmouse
July 10th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Covering you with prayer Paula....no news is good news....keep that in mind...also "this too shall pass". Hugs

carolv
July 10th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Paula, prayer's from here. A good friend will find out Wednesday her results.

quiltingtrish
July 11th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I've got prayers coming too Paula. It's natural you are scared and I hope you can feel the peace that we want to convey to you.

Hugs,

pcbatiks
July 11th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Paula, Same here......you will be in my prayers...for peace and good news!