PDA

View Full Version : WOOHOO!!!! WE HAVE RAIN!!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
July 8th, 2012, 08:21 PM
:icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_wooho o::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo: It is raining cats and dogs!!!! and I love every drop.

I was just getting ready to go out and start my fire to grill my steaks for dinner and the skies opened up and God answered my prayers for rain with a "HERE; TAKE THIS! I told Darling Daniel that he would get flame broiled steaks .....they would just be in the broiler and not over the firewood in our smoker!
He said he would rather have the rain!

No "Happy Dance" smilie so I will just: :icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_wooho o: again!

cyndiofthevortex
July 8th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Congratulations! That is GREAT news! When you're done with it can you send it our way? We need it, too!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Please, please, send some up our way! We've had thunder, lightning and clouds, and not a drop of rain. It just disappears by the time it gets to St. Louis. Yesterday it rained in south St. Louis, but not a drop in north St. Louis. Please share!

Sorry your dinner plans got ruined!

Genny
July 8th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Been cloudy here all day with not a drop of rain. Enjoy your rain, I can almost smell it.

stitching woman
July 8th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Cloudy here most of the day but no rain and boy could we use it. Glad someone is getting the rain could you sent it our way please.

madampolo
July 8th, 2012, 09:36 PM
It rained a little here today. Enough for the grass to get some water. The fields out here need rain badly, so I hope this little bit helps them, too.

MRoy
July 8th, 2012, 10:00 PM
It's coming a flood, literally up to 3" an hour, in the southern part of our county right now but not a drop here yet. I sure hope it rains here. This is the best chance we've had in ages and if it passes by our silage corn will be toast!

New York Sue
July 8th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Good news, for sure! My, how we learn to appreciate things in life, once they're absent.
My Best to all the farms out you're way that nourish our land! Like the song says, 'Rain is a GOOD THING'!

bec
July 8th, 2012, 10:26 PM
We got a little rain, too. Not a lot, but anything is better than nothing. It also brought the temperature down about 20 degrees...an added blessing.

MRoy
July 8th, 2012, 10:44 PM
The rain has finally arrived!! I hope it rains like this all night and all day tomorrow!:icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo::icon_woohoo:

auntiemern
July 8th, 2012, 10:45 PM
It has been blustering, but just a smattering here and there. Want the skies to open up here too. The patio is wet, but that's about it.

janluna
July 8th, 2012, 11:07 PM
New York needs rain too! When your done with it, send it east! I'm so glad you all got some wet stuff. Praise The Lord!!!! Hugs, Jan L.

SuzyQue
July 9th, 2012, 12:03 AM
As we left for church this am, it was raining....such a sweet, blessed downpour that we have been asking for, for weeks. It lasted about 3 minutes and less than a mile up the road.....not a drop had fallen! We had a taste and gave thanks.....but still praying for rain here! Corn is gone.......but need rain this week to save the soybeans. Prepare for high grocery prices this next winter! Praises for the drops....prayers for more!

BellasQuilts
July 9th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Glad you got some rain!

phoots
July 9th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Congrats for you, MtLady! Here in Vegas there was just a trace of rain last week, but only in a small part of the valley. I never saw any rain! My BF had new windshield wipers installed today be the old ones had rotted away. That happens a lot here in Vegas because of the heat. We probably won't see any rain for months now. :(

Pam in Vegas

Jenny Mulhall
July 9th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Delighted to hear that!! If it isn't a shameful 'prayer for sorrow', I've been praying for God to redirect some of his 'blessings' over to you guys where it's needed - and wanted! :)

The joke over here is "I can't wait for Summer next year - I hear it's on a Thursday". If it wasn't true it would be funny! :(

Pam - our wipers don't rot away - they wear out!! LOL! :D

Blondie
July 9th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Great news for the rain. I am hoping we get a enough of the wet stuff to keep me from owning the water company.
I understand our best chance is tomorrow, so it must be heading from your way, Donna. Your darlin' sounds as agreeable as my sweetie pie. Ain't love grand?

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Finally got a little here last night nd this morning! Happy grass!

quilting mama
July 9th, 2012, 07:59 AM
The rain was beautiful! And so needed. Usually passes right over us. Not only did it rain but cooled it off to a comfortable temperature!

Sandy Navas
July 9th, 2012, 10:04 AM
We had a bit less than an inch total. Oh, how I wished it would keep going for a couple days. I, too, am praying that the farmers get enough to survive this fall. Not looking good.

Bubby
July 9th, 2012, 03:45 PM
PTL!! I'm happy for you...It sounds like we have a storm brewing over Licking. :)

CrazyMtnLady
July 9th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Boy, when I said it was raining.......it really rained!! We have one spot where it leaks where we added this front room addition onto the exist house. If we get a hard rain it will sometimes leak... well it leaked last night. Big time. So much so that the humidity level was reading over 90% in here this morning and the computer would not turn on.
Finally took the computer into the bedroom and after about an hour it finally turned on. But this is the first chance I have had to get on here today.
It is raining pretty good right now too! :) :) :)

Keep it coming Lord! Amen.

Genny
July 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
We haven't got any rain yet and everything is dying. Our yard looks and feels like straw. I think when it starts raining here I'm going to go outside and just stand in it!

MRoy
July 9th, 2012, 07:03 PM
We might have gotten 3/4" of rain last night. I came through hard rain on the drive from work this afternoon, then it stopped like drawing a line across the road before I got home. We're getting light showers now...beats nothing at all.

K. McEuen
July 9th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Delighted to hear that!! If it isn't a shameful 'prayer for sorrow', I've been praying for God to redirect some of his 'blessings' over to you guys where it's needed - and wanted! :)

The joke over here is "I can't wait for Summer next year - I hear it's on a Thursday". If it wasn't true it would be funny! :(

Pam - our wipers don't rot away - they wear out!! LOL! :D

Jenny, here in New Mexico when the weatherman says 6 inches of rain, that means the drops fall 6 inches apart on the ground. Our average yearly rainfall is 8". Yes, eight inches. We are at almost 2 inches so far this year.

Not only do we have to replace the windshield wipers because of dry rot, more often than not the tires on the cars get dry rot before the tread is gone.

nurrsey
July 9th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Oh how I wish we did, it's been since the first part of June since we had any....congrats to you!

Claire Hallman
July 9th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Thanks for sending some our way. We have had 2" this evening in about an hour which is not ideal but so much better than the none we have been getting. I think we are supposed to get more during the week. We sure need it.

CrazyMtnLady
July 10th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Claire: Glad the rain got to you. I have been doing my rain dance trying to send it to all in need. Hope it works soon. I am getting tired of dancing! LOL