PDA

View Full Version : Gods Eye quilt block

RFREE
July 8th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Has anyone ever seen this block pattern? I think it is really pretty. I found it in my research of the Funk Block I found in my sewing room. Can any of you figure out how to make a template for this? It apparently date back to the 1800.I found several pictures of blocks that was all the rage back then and this was the most eye catching of them all.It is called "Gods Eye" Don't you just love it?
Hugs
Rhonda

kelliedi
July 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Rhonda I look at it and see 4 patches using half square triangles....and then plain squares...kellie

Genny
July 8th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I can't help you with it...but yes, it sure is pretty!

madampolo
July 8th, 2012, 11:38 AM
I found a pattern on Quilt Blocks Galore. It makes a 20 inch block. http://www.quilterscache.com/G/GodsEyeBlock.html

Be sure to look at page 3 of the pattern where there are links to blocks like this that people have made. Beautiful!

nurrsey
July 8th, 2012, 12:06 PM
That is a beautiful block...looks way to hard for me...lol

GrammaBabs
July 8th, 2012, 12:19 PM
thanks for sharing this... i'm attracted to this one... for some reason... perhaps it's the fact that only 2 colors per block, but unique when each is different.... hummmmmmmm.... mind's a going around....:)

RFREE
July 8th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I found a pattern on Quilt Blocks Galore. It makes a 20 inch block. http://www.quilterscache.com/G/GodsEyeBlock.html

Be sure to look at page 3 of the pattern where there are links to blocks like this that people have made. Beautiful!

Oh my goodness this is it! Thank you Thank you Thank you. This will for sure be on my bucket list. I think is is sew beautiful!!!

Granny Judy
July 8th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Got my head spinning, also. Wow, After I get a couple other blocks figured out, I will give this one a try... Love the black with vivid colors!!

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2012, 01:43 PM
I don't know how Babs found only two colors . . . she probably just woke up.

That block is absolutely spectacular. Beyond my skill levels for certain but I would love to see it made up.

RFREE
July 8th, 2012, 03:27 PM

That block is absolutely spectacular. Beyond my skill levels for certain but I would love to see it made up.

Sandie look at the reply madampolo sent a couple posts up.You can click on the names on page 3 and there are a few done up.really pretty!

HandsOffItsMine
July 8th, 2012, 03:28 PM

LOL...She only had ONE EYE open...LOL She knows we all love her!

janluna
July 8th, 2012, 11:35 PM
What a pretty block. I love it! Someday I'll try it too. I book marked it so I don't lose it. Thanks for showing it to us. Hugs, Jan L.

SuzyQue
July 8th, 2012, 11:53 PM
This reminds me of the God's Eyes we made at camp with sticks and yarn woven into this same shape. Great pattern.....will bookmark, too! Thanks for sharing!

SuzyQue
July 8th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Aren't the members of this site amazing!!! You can just ask and someone always has the answer or can find it for you! LOVE you all! I am still in awe!