PDA

View Full Version : In my head.....

Divine Daisy
July 8th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I have been designing a quilt in my head for two days during my journeys to and from the hospital. I am loving it! All the calculations are done (in my head), the colours chosen (in my head) and I am ready to go! Tonight I have to map it on graph paper with my crayons lol so I dont forget the detail and then........................I have to get on with the quilts in the work book! sighsssssssssssss.

I hate that! I want to cut it, I want to sew it, I want to seeeeeeeeeeeee it! ok I am wailing now lol but I really doooooooo!

Still, I am not a princess (well I am obviously) but I need to be grown up and do my work and promised quilts first.

I just thought I would throw a hissy fit on you to make the wait feel better lol.

madampolo
July 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Let us in on the pattern for the quilt! Pretty please??

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
I thought I was the only one who did that. Only I plan things in my sleep. This morning I woke with plans for a very special pincushion. See, I'm still working on pinnies . . . haven't chosen the one to send for the swap either, but that's another story.

Be certain that you share your colouring book with us, okay?

Cathy F
July 8th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Can't wait to see what's going on in your head! :) I'm with you, always anxious to start the next project when I know I have so many yet to complete!

LynneLeavell
July 8th, 2012, 10:26 AM
What!!!!! You're suppose to complete a project before starting another? Man I hate it now that I know the rules. Oh well Ms. Daisy can't wait to see the final project when done.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Spit it out on paper, O Creative One, and put your poor overworked brain to rest for a minute! Creative types always work like that!

nurrsey
July 8th, 2012, 12:28 PM
I have too many UFOs right now but started the darn jelly roll race quilt last night....maybe I should put the stash behind bolted doors! Show us your ideas!

Claire Hallman
July 8th, 2012, 02:04 PM
What!!!!! You're suppose to complete a project before starting another? Man I hate it now that I know the rules. Oh well Ms. Daisy can't wait to see the final project when done.

If I don't get things at least down on paper, they go away from my head and get replaced by the next project that might not be nearly as good as the first idea. Keep us posted on your plan.

NanaB
July 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Mrs. Daisy, can't wait to see your new design. Do another quilt in your workbook and treat yourself to a little 'me' time. At least do a sample block and put that on the wall as a tease to keep you on track. Once Stewart is back at home and you're not running back and forth to the hospital, you will have more at home time to sew. Looking forward to the latest DEVINE DAISY DESIGN!!!!

Divine Daisy
July 8th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Mrs. Daisy, can't wait to see your new design. Do another quilt in your workbook and treat yourself to a little 'me' time. At least do a sample block and put that on the wall as a tease to keep you on track. Once Stewart is back at home and you're not running back and forth to the hospital, you will have more at home time to sew. Looking forward to the latest DEVINE DAISY DESIGN!!!!

I can't do a block lol because it is a picture quilt with combined patchwork and applique. It is going to be a street at night, each brick of the house and garden wall will be pieced.....many varied sizes, but it works out well on paper. Will be easy once the pattern is drawn in colour on graph paper. The night sky will be defined with quilting. My biggest challenge will be to get a soft glow from the streetlight without it 'popping' For once I dont want a pop in the colours, it will be soft and the colours will be blended and will merge.

Colours will be deep blues and purples, charcole gray merging to almost black with lights and reflection in the soft pale yellow to cream. Everything will be pieced except a streetlight which will be appliqued, two cats appliqued. the moon will be behind clouds but will glow through so there will be a bit of lighter blue to cream in the sky. The sky will be pieced.

Ok probably not explaining well, but it works on the graph paper.

fabric search will be important. I will use colourwash and very subtle shades

bec
July 8th, 2012, 05:33 PM
You are allowed to wail if it makes you feel better. We all do it occasionally. I can't wait to see your design. :) Maybe you could "accidentally" misplace your work book for a few days. :icon_whistle:

CrazyMtnLady
July 8th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I plan quilts in my sleep too, and sew them up and finish them... then I wake up and am disappointed the quilt isn't finished!

Hope you get to work on it soon.

SuzyQue
July 9th, 2012, 12:23 AM
I am finding that I quilt like I read......many books or projects at once. Keeps me from getting bored..........or getting anything done! I need to work on UFO's!!!! and quit starting new ones!

phoots
July 9th, 2012, 01:57 AM
Before I got my first sewing machine, I used to design quilt blocks. Some would work, others I can't figure how to make them work. Daisy, I give you huge kudos for having the design and figures in your head!!! I can have a design in my head, but can't figure out the size of pieces. Can I borrow your brain one of these days??? Then maybe I could figure some of these out!!!

Love to you and hubby!!

Pam in Vegas :D

Winniesfriend
July 9th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Sounds good, and like a lot of hard work, look forward to seeing the finished project.