PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday

Monique
July 8th, 2012, 08:33 AM

Good Sunday morning. Blondie I thought I would let you sleep in this morning.

There has been a break in the weather this morning. A lovely breeze coming through.

We may take a trip to see Greg today. He asked us to bring him the kitchen set because he has no chair to sit on. We may do that today.

Went to the flea market yesterday and scored some pretty nice stuff for cheap. You can pics in the thread I posted.

I did meet a lady at the flea market who is there every year. We started talking, well I started. She has a sewing machine that is not working and offered it to me. I said SURE!! I believe it is a White computerized. Not sure about that. She is supposed to drop it off next week. She had taken it to someone and was quoted $200 to fix it. HMMMMMM! Anyway, I will wait patiently until next week.

I managed to get some blocks squared up. Will continue with that.

That is it for my day.

Happy Sunday all.

DCM
July 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I'm going to try to finish my Dogwood Trial tumbler quilt top today, and hope that we get some much needed rain today/tonight -- otherwise according to the forecast there's no rain in sight for the rest of the week. Happy Sunday to everyone!

Granny Judy
July 8th, 2012, 08:47 AM
I was about ready to sign out, but gonna do one more post.. Weather has cooled here in our area today. Only suppose to get 85 F degree high today.. better than the 105's we've been having.

Great score at that Market.. was thinking the White Sewing machine had the "little discs" but not sure. Hope you get her working and give "her" an appropriate name.

I've been up since 3 a.m. (central time) and now need to eat something before doing anything else. My day of rest, except for vacuuming and swiffering all the pet hair up. My allergies insist that It gets done everyday.. Hoping everyone is cooling down and enjoying this day the God made. Just for us!! Prayers and Hugs going out to all in need.

CrazyMtnLady
July 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM
We had some much needed rain overnight, at least the deck is damp! The best thing is that it has cooled off greatly. Maybe I can get some sewing done today.

Truck is finally fixed.....keeping my fingers crossed! At least we have air-conditioning and new brakes. We still have an issue with the injector pump, but that fix is on down the road a bit.

Have been trying to organize my stash, just to see what I have before we go to Springfield tomorrow or Tuesday. I sure am looking forward to that shopping trip.

Have a great day.
Hugs and prayers.

Ginny B
July 8th, 2012, 09:34 AM
We had some rain here overnight too. I see the table is all wet. It feels cooler today. We had a nice day yesterday. We had some friends over and while dh grilled we wound up eating inside in the a/c. Just too hot on the patio. Their a/c had blown a circuit and it wound up that the electrician couldn't fix it yesterday so I told them to bring their dog with them too so he could cool off a little. Couldn't leave him in that hot apt. with just a fan going that's for sure. He was so cute.
And they saw my tea caddy and mug rugs and want some so I've added more to my "to do" list. :)

Today dh and I have some errands to run (including Joann's for some bias tape and who knows what else, lol) and then he is going to do some grocery shopping and I'll do some sewing.

Have a great day everyone.

Ginny B

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Hi, everybody.

Cathy F
July 8th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Morning everyone!

The weather is a bit cooler today but it's early yet :). Last night we had a real nice treat, one of our neighbors put on a beautiful fireworks display, didn't even have to leave the house and fight the traffic to see it, just sat in the sunroom and looked out the window!

Have to do some re-arranging and cleaning in the kitchen today as new appliances are being delivered Tuesday, can't wait. Then maybe get in the sewing room and get some more fabric on the comic book boards. They sure do condense the fabric in the storage bins.

Monique, Hope you get the machine running, and have fun with it. Love a good deal!

ginampls
July 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Hi back to you sandy, i am so tired. i have to work today. tomorrow and the next day....i have babysitter lined up for today. should be fun for her they are going swimming at the state park. My Bro leaves today or early evening for a town north of grand forks nd...he will be a millwright apprentis. i hope this works out for him it is a labor intensive style of work. it will be great for him to make the big bucks again. i hope his car makes it. and his hotel is good for him. all thoughs details.

as for me i am going to wake up slowly then get ready for the work ahead of me today. nice days make for good shopping even on a Sunday. It still baffles my mind how many people come out to the fabric store on Sundays. oh yeah pack big bag of stuff for DD to take to the babysitter... swim stuff
. a movie. a few wii games..goggles for her eyes. sunscreen bug spray..comb brush detangle spray. oh towel..must not forget the towel.

LynneLeavell
July 8th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Well we are still waiting on the rain. We get koise and wind but have yet to get rain. It goes all around us. My house is back to normal again and daughter and her boys came home yesterday from a week at Jeckyl Island. The stories my oldest grandson has told about the trip. Got more crosstitching done that sewing while they were gone. Oh well might get the pincushion for the swap finished today might not depending on the boys. Oh well everyone have a great day.

cyndiofthevortex
July 8th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Hi everyone. Hi Sandy. Some days are just like that, so thanks for saying hi!

I had a wonderful day yesterday shop hopping with Jonas. We found a nice little shop one hour away with a nice selection of fabrics and a lovely owner who was so nice. Since I'm on a very strict fabric diet I only bought one yard and it was so hard to choose! Then we were off to Keepsake Quilting. That area of the state is so beautiful around Lake Winnipesaukee. I bought a few more yards to go with the first yard, all apple greens and bubblegum pinks. It was hard to get the colors out of my mind as I was trying to fall asleep and I even dreamed of fried egg quilt blocks in these colors!

Today I'll be working out in the yard as the heat has decreased down into the comfortable 80's, with maybe a beach trip to end the day. I love summer.

middlesis1966
July 8th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Morning all! It sure is nice out this am. Had a quick trip to the big city with my momma yesterday. It's always fun to hang out with her. We then had supper at Burger King. Man was I ever so disappointed with them, to say the least. I shoulda taken a picture of the burger I got. I know I ordered a jr burger, but the size I got was what a burger wants to be when it grows up, grrrrr. Needless to say, I won't be going back there again.

Going to go sew with the girls today! I can't wait. I love getting together with them. We always have a blast when we sew.

Have a great day all. I need to get my fanny off the couch and get packed up and ready to go.

sewbizzy
July 8th, 2012, 12:26 PM
HAPPY SUNDAY EVERYONE!!!
I am going to sew this week to finish my UFOs and hopefully start some others, since I don't have any grandchildren babysitting scheduled...
as usual I look forward to what you all have to share...it makes my day
I hope you all have a great day

BellasQuilts
July 8th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Morning. Lots to do today. Put a net over the plum tree or we won't have plums. Gonna try my hand again at making jam. Last year was a disaster, but I won't give up. Finishing the binding on quilt for my Auntie. Hope she likes it. Then clean house and go see DD#2. Made her some PeePee TeePees yesterday. They are quick to make and I think will be useful (haha). Bye for now. Megan

Lisaau
July 8th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Stands and hobbles around the world and does duck dive into ((((((sandy )))))) and gives her big huggers and says"hi"......

Lisaau
July 8th, 2012, 01:23 PM
@lynne leavell from a dumb Aussie but what is a "koise"

cyndiofthevortex
July 8th, 2012, 01:35 PM
"Well we are still waiting on the rain. We get koise and wind but have yet to get rain." LynneLeavell

I think maybe "koise" was meant to be "noise" but I could be wrong. I do that all the time, thinking faster than I can type!

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2012, 02:00 PM
@lynne leavell from a dumb Aussie but what is a "koise"

What is a dumb Aussie?

auntiemern
July 8th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Good Sunday all. Have to go pick up the truck today, our AC was out to. $800 and good to go. Hoping to get my turtle quilt finished today, and then go thru my stash and figure out what I am going to woek on while at the lake. Block for Justin, and soldier quilt, haven't gotten past thinking that far ahead. Have a blessed day all, filled with happiness and fabric.

K. McEuen
July 8th, 2012, 02:15 PM
:icon_wave:

If the sewing machine is a White, you have to name her Betty.

stitching woman
July 8th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cloudy here today but no rain as of yet, we do need it so badly. I have not been on here much lately as we have been doing some canning. We canned 22 quarts of salsa and 30 quarts of green beans today.

Now I need to get in the sewing room and get a binding sewn on so I can do the hand sewing tonight. It needs to be back to the customer by Tuesday so I need to get busy.

Hope everyone is doing well, Prayers to all in need.

Hugs.

janluna
July 8th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Yesterday was Laura's birthday. She is 10. She said, "Yeah, I'm in double digits, finally!"
We are going this evening to have cake and presents. Yesterday they were going to the movies to see "Brave" and then shopping and dinner out. Heather decided today was a better day to do cake and ice cream.
Have a great evening everyone! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2012, 07:43 PM
:icon_wave:

If the sewing machine is a White, you have to name her Betty.

:icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup: :icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup: :icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup::icon_tup:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA