PDA

View Full Version : In a Grandchild induced coma

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2012, 12:24 AM
This is my weekend to watch the grandkids while mom works. It was a busy day! I'm going to miss granddaughter's birthday next weekend, so I took her shopping. Her big brother was not thrilled to go clothes shopping in a store that featured neon and sequin decorated garments. The about to be 7 year old said, "Oh, Grandma, I want the whole store!". We brought home a significant portion of the flashy merchandise( so much for a budget), meanwhile big brother waited patiently at his aunt's house trying out a new video game. Then to top off the day, we spent the 107 degree afternoon in the swimming pool. 4 hours of swimming! It felt great! But, thus the grandchild induced coma tonight on the chair. Naptime stretched to bedtime, hope I can rest up enough to make it through tomorrow!

auntiemern
July 8th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Oh girl friend, I feel your pain. Mine wear me out to. Can only do so many ups and downs, and sitting in the heat while they swim. I can't get in the pool because it is in the sun, which I am allergic to UV rays. So I get to sit in the shade and swelter. So glad we are all going on vacation this coming week. They are going one direction and I am going the other. They will be at Clearwater and I will be at Lake of the Ozarks. Get some rest, and try to recover.

K. McEuen
July 8th, 2012, 02:28 AM
When we lived in Texas and my daughter was little we had a 15' above ground pool in the backyard. I could spend an hour or so out there with her and come in and sleep like a rock that night. Not sure why swimming wears me out, but it does and I always enjoyed it.

Patrice
July 8th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Love that grandma time!

Granny Judy
July 8th, 2012, 06:47 AM
I understand, completely. Gkids are the #1 cause of "nodding Off Behavior" in those over 50. (and sometime for those under 50). Enjoy and take lots of naps !! It's the reward of doing a great job watchin out for our "next generation".

Monique
July 8th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Yes but did you have fun? LOL!! It is always a great time when you can spend it with grandchildren.

Sandy Navas
July 8th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I suffer from NOB even when the GKs haven't been here.

LynneLeavell
July 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Mine have been on vacation this past week and came home yesterday. I think if I herd it once I heard a thousand times from my oldest grandson, "Granny I really, really, really....do Love you and I really, really,..... did miss you". That just made me hug him tighter. He stayed in either mine or gramps' lap all night until he went to bed. His little brother played and stayed by his mama's side like he normally does. But I did get a hug from him too. Just glad they are home.

Genny
July 8th, 2012, 11:39 AM
This is my weekend to watch the grandkids while mom works. It was a busy day! I'm going to miss granddaughter's birthday next weekend, so I took her shopping. Her big brother was not thrilled to go clothes shopping in a store that featured neon and sequin decorated garments. The about to be 7 year old said, "Oh, Grandma, I want the whole store!". We brought home a significant portion of the flashy merchandise( so much for a budget), meanwhile big brother waited patiently at his aunt's house trying out a new video game. Then to top off the day, we spent the 107 degree afternoon in the swimming pool. 4 hours of swimming! It felt great! But, thus the grandchild induced coma tonight on the
chair. Naptime stretched to bedtime, hope I can rest up enough to make it through tomorrow!

I know allllllllll about those comas...lol...When I'm with my little soon to be 4 year old and soon to be 1 year old great grandaughters I'm totaly exhausted. Love them to pieces...but oh myyyyyyy.....

Divine Daisy
July 8th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Poor Jean.

I don't know what its like and prob never will now that my pregnant daughter has something called.................er..... sh*t I have forgotten the name of it but its a pregnancy induced psychosis. They have violent paranoid reactions to things or people.

20% of women who have had an eating disorder experience this, and sarah suffered from awful anorexia for 10 years. Anyway sinse she got pregnant she has decided that I am the devil incarnate. Refuses to have any contact with myself or Mr D. We are not allowed to enquire from her sister how she is, nor are we going to be allowed to see or have any contact with the baby when she is born. She freaks out at her sister several times a week for still being in contact with us, says it is disloyal to her and that Heather must sever all contact. She fell out with her father because he told her she was wrong and he didnt want 'to hear this stuff'.

She is totally isolating herself ...........shakes head.

She is my baby and I will always love her even if she hates me. I worry what damage she will have done by the time she has the baby.

I would willingly have Grandchild induced coma in a few months time if it meant I could see my grandbaby and daughter.

sorry..............this started out lighthearted, ended up heavy. Didn't mean for it to

Claire Hallman
July 8th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Hopefully when she is through being pregnant she will see the light and realize she needs a baby sitter.:o

Jean Sewing Machine
July 8th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Allison, this is so sad, the situation with your daughter.

My daughter's stepson, who was a daddy at age 19 ( now 22), is undergoing a mental crisis, along with some substance abuse, and has totally turned on her, although she has put up with his irresponsible crap for the last 10 years, he thinks she is the devil incarnate. Threatens to never let her see her granddaughter ever again. No pregnancy pychosis here,but lots wrong in his little mind. It is so frustrating when the thinking is screwed up, and the wisdom figures(aka, you, Stewart and me) and my daughter Feel so helpless to straighten things out. I worry about the babies. Is this your first grandchild? That makes it extra hard to deal with. I have a colleague at work who has never seen her first grandchild, so sad, you can see the hurt in her eyes when she speaks about the child.

They(children with oddball behavior) are manupulative, thus your daughter is trying to get her sister to sever ties with you. When you get older and wiser, you learn to go with the flow, not try to run everyones life. But giving advice as a parent usually means that you are trying to head off disaster that they will be asking for your help with down the road--but they just won't listen.

Our pastor gave a good homily this morning, and the message was "just let it go, and put it in God's hands". Easier said than done, right?

auntiemern
July 9th, 2012, 12:53 AM
You are so right Jean. My DD has learned some very hard lessons by not listening to her all knowing mom. She knows I am right, she just doesn't like to admit it. But no matter how angry she would ever get at me, she would never keep my grand children away from me. It would hurt them as much as me, and even she is not that selfish. Hopefully Alison, your daughter will see the light, and get her thinking straight.
Allison, this is so sad, the situation with your daughter.

My daughter's stepson, who was a daddy at age 19 ( now 22), is undergoing a mental crisis, along with some substance abuse, and has totally turned on her, although she has put up with his irresponsible crap for the last 10 years, he thinks she is the devil incarnate. Threatens to never let her see her granddaughter ever again. No pregnancy pychosis here,but lots wrong in his little mind. It is so frustrating when the thinking is screwed up, and the wisdom figures(aka, you, Stewart and me) and my daughter Feel so helpless to straighten things out. I worry about the babies. Is this your first grandchild? That makes it extra hard to deal with. I have a colleague at work who has never seen her first grandchild, so sad, you can see the hurt in her eyes when she speaks about the child.

They(children with oddball behavior) are manupulative, thus your daughter is trying to get her sister to sever ties with you. When you get older and wiser, you learn to go with the flow, not try to run everyones life. But giving advice as a parent usually means that you are trying to head off disaster that they will be asking for your help with down the road--but they just won't listen.

Our pastor gave a good homily this morning, and the message was "just let it go, and put it in God's hands". Easier said than done, right?