PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out!

AngelaLashley
July 7th, 2012, 04:42 PM
I am totally freaking out today! I got woke up this morning with a phone call from my ex saying my son was hit last night by a hit and run driver and that he was in surgery. He is in the Air Force in Charleston so I cant go see him, info and news is all coming over the phone.

Here is what I do know. Him and his friends had a few drinks and decided to walk the short distance home so as to avoid any risk of an accident. They were walking in the grass, far off of the shoulder of the road to avoid the cars and traffic. According to witnesses the car that hit him swerved off the road and into the grass where it hit him and then swerved back onto the road and drove off without even slowing down.
Either the driver of the car never knew he had hit someone or just didnt care enough to stop and check on him.

He just got out of surgery and will be in a room soon so I can call and check on him. Luckily he has no life threatening injuries. The worst damage was to his arm which was shattered in places. They put in plates and pins to repair it. Apparently he had enough time to try to get out of the way and luckily avoided anything tragic. He is my only son and it would kill me to lose him. I worry so much about him being in the military and something happening but to possibly lose him because of a senseless and careless act like this would have been even more horrible.

I am so glad that God was looking out for him last night and spared him from what could have been a horrible tragedy. All I can do is put it in God's hands and pray for a speedy recovery and that everything heals properly and that God will continue to watch over him.

kelliedi
July 7th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Angela my prayers are with you at this time... please keep us updated...kellie

Genny
July 7th, 2012, 04:46 PM
OMG...this is awfull! I can't imagine what you're going thru not being able to be there with him. I will keep your son and you and family in prayers. Please keep up up to date. Genny

Bubby
July 7th, 2012, 04:53 PM
OMG, what a horrible situation. I'm so glad your son has no life threatening injuries, but having his arm operated on and the trauma of the injury is awful. I will keep him in my prayers.....Barb

quilter.martha
July 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
What a horrible thing! I'm so glad your son wasn't critically hurt. I hope they catch the person who did this, and will pray for his complete recovery.

Debbie MM
July 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM
My prayers with your family also

MRoy
July 7th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Angela, I can imagine how upset and worried you are. I would be freaking out too. Your son and you are in my prayers.

sewmuchjan
July 7th, 2012, 05:25 PM
My prayers and a complete healing for your son, and prayers for you.

Love, Hugs, and Blessings for you and your family,
Jan G.

AngelaLashley
July 7th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Update: I just got offf the phone with Joe. He has a lot of road rash and scrapes, cuts and bruises but luckily the only major injury was to his arm and shoulder. During surgery they put in a plate and pins that will need to stay in for awhile and he will need to wear a cast for about 6 weeks, but he should have a full recovery......... He is on active duty even though he was not on the base at the time, so the Air Force is paying for everything and he will not lose his pay while he is recovering so this will not cause a financial hardship for him.

Now I'm praying that the jerk that did this will have a conscience and turn themselves in but my hopes are not high that this will happen. Some people can be so heartless, selfish, and uncaring about others.....

Thank you to all for your kind prayers for my son and my family... It is most appreciated and helps to confirm that in spite of the heartlesss actions of this one person, there are people that are caring and compassionate about others still left in this world....

I know he is going to be ok but I cant stop thinking that I could have lost him today... I am still freaking out so bad!!! I'm in tears and cant stop shaking....

K. McEuen
July 7th, 2012, 05:54 PM
It sounds like the person that hit him should have walked home as well. Either a drunk driver or someone falling asleep.
When I broke my leg and had all the plates, pins and screws put in, it was all done at an Air Force hospital as well. He will get some of the best care available, so you shouldn't worry about that.

madampolo
July 7th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Thank god he is alright! I know how you feel, or at least think I do.

Cathy F
July 7th, 2012, 06:01 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family and your son for a full recovery. As a mother I can understand your anxiety over this terrible situation and not being there to see your son for yourself. I hope the person who did this realizes what he's done and comes forward.

Monique
July 7th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Angela, God was watching over him for sure. Broken bones will heal. I can imagine how upset you are and especially that you can't get to him. Maybe he can come home to heal for a while.

Sorry this had to happen and that the person(s) involved realize what they have done. I hope it is all over the news. Chances are, they know what they did and do not come forward. Just remember, what goes around comes around. They will get their's in the end.

Your son will heal. And you will as well.
Take care,

AngelaLashley
July 7th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Thank you all again for your kind thoughts and your prayers....

My son said the witness told the cops they thought the driver was either drunk or texting or both. Joe said he after he was hit and knocked to the ground he heard the car's engine accelerate so they knew they had hit someone

DCM
July 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your son -- I can't imagine going through that -- is there any way you can spend some time with him while he's recovering? Hopefully the witnesses will be able to give the police enough info to find the person who did this. I'll remember both of you in my prayers.

Kizzie
July 7th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Gosh Angela - that would have been terrifying to hear!!! I hope he recovers quickly and that the driver gets caught somehow so he doesnt endanger any future people!! I cant believe that its like one of those wrong place wrong times moments - thank the lord he is ok I'm so glad it wasnt really bad news I was already almost in tears reading your story imagining if it happened to me!! Prayers and best wishes for you and your son xxx

quiltingtrish
July 7th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Oh Angela - I can't imagine getting that news. I am glad he will be ok, but in the meantime I am putting him in my prayers for a good recovery and YOU, Sweetie, because I know all about the shaking and tears and how it hurts our hearts when our kids get hurt.
I'm also praying that they find the lame-brain 'ja#))a$)s that hurt him.

HUGS,

Jean Sewing Machine
July 7th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Many prayers for your son and your whole family.

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I would be freaking out, too. Hope one of the witnesses could think of something that will help catch the driver. I'm praying for you and your family. Scarey!

Winniesfriend
July 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Thank you for the update, how upsetting for you, sending prayers and hugs.

carolv
July 7th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hugs and prayer's from here.

pcbatiks
July 7th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Angela, I can't even imagine how scary this has been for you. Just saw the post and was glad to see your update included. Both of you will be in my prayers. Try to focus on all the prayers from the forum that are for you and your son.....I pray that those thoughts will help you to quiet your shaking and anxiety. Take Care.

bopeep
July 7th, 2012, 10:05 PM
{{{PRAYING}}}
Please keep us posted ....
bopeep

BellasQuilts
July 7th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Angela, I like the rest are praying that he heals quickly and the driver is found. Maybe from the same party? So glad to hear he is alright.;

SuzyQue
July 7th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Prayers said....and as a mom with a son living states away, I so understand! Prayers for you, too.

auntiemern
July 7th, 2012, 11:49 PM
So sorry you are having to go through this. So glad he was not seriously injured. Hopefully the will catch the person responsible. Prayers heading your way.

sewbizzy
July 7th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Prayers for your son and you and your family!!! It has to be hard on you not to be with him...thankfully it wasn't more serious...

MayinJerset
July 8th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hope you have more news today and that your son is doing well. Prayers for his speedy recovery, May in Jersey

janluna
July 8th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Prayers for healing and a quick recovery for your son. Also prayers for your nerves! My #2 son is on the other side of the country as well. And I worry about him too. I would be really shaken up if I couldn't get to him too. Hopefully the idiot who hit him will step up. We will lift you both up in prayer. Hugs, Jan L.

lilmouse
July 9th, 2012, 01:11 AM
sending hugs your way....prayers for all

phoots
July 9th, 2012, 02:15 AM
Oh, Angela! I'm so sorry to hear about your son, but so happy that he'll be okay. I will be remembering your son and your family in my prayers. Take care of yourself, now. I don't want anything to happen to you.

My love to all,

Pam in Vegas