PDA

View Full Version : Saturday hellos

Blondie
July 7th, 2012, 07:45 AM

Hello Folksies!

Another night in my fabulous bed. I overslept. Again. I don't even feel guilty. I may not have time to put make up on before I run out the door to work - who cares?! Well, I really should because my Daddy always said every old barn needs a good coat of paint with a big brush.

I do believe hubs whispered some sweet nothin's in my ear late last night. He told me that after Sunday, things here in NC would begin to calm down heat wise. I imagine since it's July that means instead of 100 + it will return to 90? As I said yesterday afternoon, the only good thing about summer to me is that Fall is on the way. Leaves turning color, pumpkins, sweaters, hot cocoa. I love to be outside in the crisp fall air. Have you ever noticed how cool feels different in Fall as opposed to Spring?

Off to jump in the shower and get a coffee refill. Have a great morning. Blessings be multiplied to you. SMILE

Jean Sewing Machine
July 7th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Yes, I love summer, but fall is my favorite time of year. I always say it's because my birthday is in fall, but I love the glorious colors, the smells, the sounds of dry leaves skittering across the ground. It is a feast for the senses!

DCM
July 7th, 2012, 07:59 AM
I, too, am looking forward to the arrival of fall, and even winter. I am so incredibly tired of this excessive heat. Can't wait to see the next power bill :( A nap will be in order today -- the dog was extremely restless so I was up VERY early this morning. I hope to get to work on my tumbler lap quilt -- I'm making it from Dogwood Trail using 2 charm packs plus some yardage I bought for borders/back. Have a great Saturday everyone!

buckeyequilter
July 7th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Good morning...

Have a wonderful day at work Blondie.

I love fall too....love the colors. My next favorite would be spring....everything thing looks so bright and fresh. This year it seems we went from fall to summer. Didn't have much of a winter and spring.

I'm going to work on DD's quilt today....cut the backing wrong and had to get that fixed...so I need to get out there and see how much damage was done and make sure it's fixed properly.

I need to get the bedroom cleaned and a couple of loads of laundry done. Other than that, today is pretty much going to be another lazy day for me - supposed to 102 here with a heat index of 110.

Have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

Bubby
July 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Good Morning...

Fall gets my vote every time! The cool air, hot cider, burning leaves, walks in the woods, snuggling under quilts and flannel shirts. We got a rain shower yesterday, but nothing more than that...it just made things more humid.

DH and I are almost ready to leave for the day to work in our apartments. It takes over an hour to get there, so I have time to finish waking up in the truck. Miss Molly seems to be excited about going with us today. I think it's going to be a good day. Our least favorite tenant is moving ut this weekend and that thrills me. It's amazing how one bad apple can take so much of your time and energy.

My MIL is getting her feet back under her after the storm. Her electricity has been restored, but no phone yet. She has a cell phone but is afraid to learn how to use it, so she has been walking over to her neighbor's house to make calls!

DH is ready to leave and impatient....Molly is sitting here staring long and hard at me...so I'll wish you all a great day with hugs...Barb

Swedish leo
July 7th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hi

I love all seasons. But i think summer is the best. Today i am working on the quilting on my mothers quilt. The log cabin star.
It has been laid a side for some time but now it is time to finish it. I will post a pic when i am done.

Have a great day everybody. I know i will .

Hugs Annika

Slokarma
July 7th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Good Morning Blondie.

I read your post yesterday(?) about your own coffee and your own bed......and I was smiling and nodding my head! And this morning you mention your own bed again and as I sit here sipping my own fav coffee and you mention oversleeping in your own bed, and I'm still nodding my head! Two of life's really little, but sometimes, best pleasures! And since I have a 2 hr drive to a 2pm wedding, up by Lake Erie today, and the weatherman is predicting 99 for the hi today........O boy :icon_rolleyes: Makeup? Fix my hair? Fresh outfit?.................:lol::lol::lol:

MRoy
July 7th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Ahhhh, summer....heat, and bugs, and heat, and drought, and,,,did I mention heat! After today our temps are supposed to drop into the mid/high 80s for next week. What a relief that will be! I enjoy fall the best too. When it's not too hot or too cold, that's the way I like it.

Happy Saturday!

Monique
July 7th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Good morning everyone.

PLEASE don't wish the summer away. It is so short.

Yes it was hot yesterday, but I did not really find it all that bad. It did manage to finish sewing the pieces for the block swap yesterday. I will get those ironed and squared before I put them together.

I am going to the flea market here this morning to see if I can find any bargains. It is just a very short walking distance.

Other than that, it will be a quiet day.

Have a wonderful Saturday everyone.

quiltingtrish
July 7th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Why, HELLO THERE EVERYBODY~~!!
Just keep in your mind that today is a WONDERFUL day even though it is going to be HOT, HOT, HOT! LIFE IS NOW, LIVE THE MOMENT!

My plans last night for today was to get up early and get out to the food store before it heated up outside. I was up by 6 - thank you to the cat and dog who decided to have a morning vocal concert of "I want to go outside, NOW!". Threw a load of farm clothes in to hang outside, then decided to color my hair, so that meant I may as well throw another load of clothes in so they will be ready to hang out before I make the trip to the store - have to wash out the hair yet, you know. Think I might make it there and back by around 9.
For the rest of the day, I have a pine block wall hanging to work on, make a list up of things I need for a class I am taking in Hershey at the end of the month, and get something together to work on while I am answering phones next week. I think those are all good things to do inside while outside is going to heat up to around 110. Ick!

I hope you all have a wonderful day. It is summertime!
Hugs,

cyndiofthevortex
July 7th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Oh I have such a wonderful day planned today I can hardly wait to get going! Jonas and I are going to do a little shop hopping around Lake Winnipesaukee, visiting "The Quilting Corner" in Tilton and then up to Keepsake in Center Harbor. We are then going to beautiful Wolfeboro to swim in the lake at a little beach that no one seems to know about except our family and a few others - nice and quiet and private. It will be up to 90 today and very muggy so thank God for air conditioned cars and shops and a nice breeze off the lake. Can you tell I have high hopes for today?

Also please join me in sending Kathy some "I miss you" pms while she's without internet. She's sad about it and it will cheer her up when she's able to get back. Her link is: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/member.php?14634-bkthomas Thanks!

ginampls
July 7th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I have the day off. so i will try very hard to gather laundry and do a load or two today. i have to work tomorrow. the heat is better for us now that the dew points have dropped. high dew points no fun. may have to find a free pool today.. just a wading pool but enoughto dunk under and drip dry...

i have desided to stay here at mom's...rent here is good. and i can help her out..plus DD has playmates here on the block. but if my brothers job. doesn't work out....i will search again...for an apt.

Ginny B
July 7th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Well good morning everyone. Blondie, so glad to hear you slept so well and are now enjoying some yummy coffee (or at least you were when you posted, lol).

My son did not get the results of his biopsy yesterday. He hit major, major traffic (and here in NY that means hours sometimes -- and yesterday it was just that) so he missed his appt. and either the dr. wasn't there when he got there or they just wouldn't fit him in. So frustrating. But my thought is that if it was anything really major, the dr. would have (should have!) called. They rescheduled for about 10 days from now. Of course, that isn't helping his overall depression and I'm not sure what he is up to this weekend. I hope he and his girlfriend can work things out.

On a happier note, my newly-engaged #3 son is back home from Disney and everyone is very, very happy. I'm sure they will be getting together with their friends this weekend for a celebration.

Plans for today include having some friends over for a visit. We are cooking outside but I'm thinking that eating inside will be a better idea since we're planning on eating right smack dab in the middle of the heat advisory. We have nice shady areas to sit and sip some sangria while the grill is going but the area where the table is is just going to be too hot. I got into my sewing room early this morning and worked on a made a mug rug I'm making for someone at work . I've got a bunch to make -- people from where I work and also where dh works saw them and my little tea caddy and they want some. So, I've got quite a few orders to fill but they go so fast. I've already got pretty much all of them cut out and ready to be sewn together. The only one I've not started yet was the one for someone who wants dogs on his. A Pomeranian no less. Got to see just what that breed looks like and see what I can find.

As far as the seasons go, I really do like all of them. They all have something special about them for me. But I can't deny that as far as colors go, you can't beat fall. Summer is great with all the flowers and all but the fall leaves and the pumpkins, etc., well that's hard to beat. And I do so look forward to that first pot of soup on a chilly day after eating light during the heat of the summer.

Take it easy all. Have a wonderful Saturday.

Ginny B

Lisaau
July 7th, 2012, 10:40 AM
G'day All ...if anyone wants to get rid of their heat l'll glady take it...middle of winter in Australia and its a really cold one. Anyne want to do a weather swap???????????

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Hi

I love all seasons. But i think summer is the best. Today i am working on the quilting on my mothers quilt. The log cabin star.
It has been laid a side for some time but now it is time to finish it. I will post a pic when i am done.

Have a great day everybody. I know i will .

Hugs Annika

Sometimes I get in trouble when I am speed-reading messages. I actually read Dog-cabin star . . . slow down, Sandy!!

Cathy F
July 7th, 2012, 10:50 AM
I enjoy the summer but this heat wave is overwhelming, and I'll be glad to see it break! Fall is my favorite time of the year with all it's glorious colors. I just got two more of my quilts back from being quilted and I love them. However, the bindings will have to wait till it cools down some then I'll put them on as both quilts are backed in flannel and it way too hot on my lap when I hand sew them. One more quilt almost done that I started a while ago and then that one will be sent out for quilting, I feel like a weight lifted getting all these UFO's done. Blondie, I just finished my pinnie for the swap and will get that in the mail this week, then I can be free to start on another project :)

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I have the day off. so i will try very hard to gather laundry and do a load or two today. i have to work tomorrow. the heat is better for us now that the dew points have dropped. high dew points no fun. may have to find a free pool today.. just a wading pool but enoughto dunk under and drip dry...

i have desided to stay here at mom's...rent here is good. and i can help her out..plus DD has playmates here on the block. but if my brothers job. doesn't work out....i will search again...for an apt.

Meanwhile, stick a few pennies back every week so if and when you are ready you can afford all you need . . .

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2012, 10:56 AM
G'day All ...if anyone wants to get rid of their heat l'll glady take it...middle of winter in Australia and its a really cold one. Anyne want to do a weather swap???????????

Sending you a special heat exchanger. Just plug it in, aim it at yourself and turn on to either high or low depending. Don't be alarmed if the box reads hair dryer though . . . they do look similar.

Lonna
July 7th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Sounds like everyone has great plans for the day. It is another work day here, working six days a week is really begining to get to me. No time for much of anything else. But on the up side I do get off at 2:00. So I think a stop by Hobby Lobby on the way home is called for.

Take care all and have a great day.

Sandy Navas
July 7th, 2012, 11:00 AM
What can I say that hasn't already been said. Spent yesterday morning doing a slow recovery on my screwed up quilt blocks. Actually went with the 'wrong' ones and removed the errant pieces from the 'correct' blocks and I'm making them 'wrong'. I know. Confusing - but that's how new patterns are formed (for those who do not have E-Quilts).

So, back to the sewing room, turn on the fans, crank up the jitter-bug music and sew away. Al challenged me to finish his top today. I may just be able to do that . . . but probably won't. I still have to square up all the blocks although they aren't off much at all (making me a proud person . . . but pride goeth before the fall . . . )

That's all, Folks. Stay cool (or warm, Lisa) and be happy. Health, wealth and a good bottle of wine to the rest of you.

CrazyMtnLady
July 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Good Morning.... Finally got a chance to sit down here and read the morning posts. Had to get up and get a cooler packed up for DH to take with him to the mechanics.... hopefully they will finally get the truck fixed today! Everytime they fix one thing they find something else wrong. :(

My ankles are all tiny little scratches....They 7 little kittens have decided my legs are there climbing posts. They are so darned cute. I really need to get some pictures of them. They have been in the back storage room, but now that they are using the litter box (something the mama won't do!) I have opened the door to the room and they have been running and playing all over the place. The Harlequin Calico is so tiny I have been calling her Half Pint. If we keep one I think it is going to be her, but only if we get her fixed!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs and prayers.

BellasQuilts
July 7th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Good morning. I did not sleep in: 5:45 am neighbor's peacock and goose started hooting and honking, my dog started barking, the neighbors 11 lab pups (6 weeks) all woke up and started barking, tractor in the vineyard going up and down the rows. DH made coffee at least.

I'm with Monique, don't wish summer away. We have not had any hot temps out here in my area. I'm still waiting for summer to arrive. Maters aren't close to being ready, just not hot enough. Today is Darcy to the vet for her rabies shot so I can get her dog license renewed, mail box to DD#1 who is now in New York at Chatuaqua doing costumes, and fingers crossed baby Reagan arrives today as DD#2 is very much over being pregnant. Can't wait to see his little face.

Hugs to all, prayers for those that need them. Have a stellar Saturday!

Lisaau
July 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
(((((((sandy)))))))) your so funny l'll take health first and warmnth second

Silverlining
July 7th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Good Morning. I love every season of the year. Even if it is hot...and it is very hot here. High's are 99 plus every day. Summer gives us those beautiful fruits and vegetables. It all makes me appreciate the cooler days to come in the fall. Those crisp days with the falling leaves are wonderful. Today, we will sand the kitchen cabinets because the are refinishing our very old existing ones. Then put some kilz on everything and begin to paint. We have decided that we really don't enjoy sanding. It's hard work. Oh! The joys of remodeling. Working out in the heat to sand the doors was quite a challenge but it got done. Oh, and we must continue watering the tomato and vegetable plants today because we haven't had enough rain. And then there is that quilt block I would love to finish today. It's going to be a full day. Have a great day everyone.

middlesis1966
July 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Morning all! I'm a heat seeker. I'll take the heat over the cold any day for sure. I know that you all think thats crazy, but thats how I roll, lol. I have zero tolerance to the cold. It drives the hubby crazy, but hey I live to drive him to the edge, hee hee! My hands and feet are like popsicles and I usually don't thaw out until summer. The only part of winter I like is the snow as it falls, after that its not on my list of likes.

Going to have to get busy and do something today. Hubs is gone so I have a free weekend to do whatever I want. The kiddos are on their own, after all they are both old enough to take care of themselves so this chic is making it a day thats all about me!

Lol on the make up Blondie. I will have to leave you all this little ditty my friend posted. I was ROTFLMBO when I read this. I personal have broken each and every rule in this little tip. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

buckeyequilter
July 7th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Lol on the make up Blondie. I will have to leave you all this little ditty my friend posted. I was ROTFLMBO when I read this. I personal have broken each and every rule in this little tip. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

LOL.....I'm working on DD's quilt today....no make-up, no jewelry, hair in ponytail, pink mossy oak t-shirt, jean capris and purple croc sandals - but hey I'm dressed.....so if company shows up - that's their problem.

sewbizzy
July 7th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Hello everyone!!! Another hot and humid day in Western PA...my favorite season is also fall, and Jean like you, maybe it's because my birthday is in fall too...
we had the family all here yesterday for dinner and visiting...Whew!!! And today my dd and her husband are having their annual 4th of July party with fireworks...
I just finished another 5 lbs of potato salad to take...
I did get my donation quilt layered...I hope to work on it tomorrow...
I do want to get started on my train quilt soon, but have a couple ufos to finish...
Storms tonight here and cooler starting tomorrow....YEA!!!
I hope all of you have a fabulous day...prayers and blessings going out to all!!!

auntiemern
July 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Good day all. I am going to try to get SOME sewing done today. Need to finish my turtle quilt for the hosp. I don't mind summer per say, but do not do well in extreme weather, be it cold or hot. And it is very hot here. We have not had a day under 100 for weeks. Supposed to get a break next week. Gonna be in the 90's, woo hoo. Wishing everyone a day filled with joy and fabric.