PDA

View Full Version : Mr Daisy's Birthday!

Divine Daisy
July 6th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Today he is a horrifying 51 years old........ I married a handsome young man......what happened? Ok I still wouldn't kick him out of bed (in fact don't lol) but somewhere along the line we put the years on he and I. Ah well, as long as we don't grown up too eh?

When the night staff woke him this morning they gasped.........omg what happened to you? He said...........whaaaaaaaaaaa? They said...........all those wrinkles! oh my you are old today. The two of them were giggling like schoolgirls he said. They told him they had been waiting all night to say that. Shakes head

I spent the morning baking and icing 4 dozen cupcakes to take in. Wanted there to be enough for all the patients and the different shifts of staff as they came on duty. I took balloons and his card and my gift (a soft pink marino wool sweater. The man looks divine in baby pink, and doesn't he just know it!) I also got him a silly hat which plays Happy Birthday.

Actually the poor dear feels like poo today but looks well which annoys him because everyone says........You are looking well!..... and he wants to say.......good oh cause I feel like Sh*t. But he doesnt say it of course. Too english lol.....what he says is 'why thank you'

I made a big boo boo whilst baking. I am a very messy baker, I get icing in my hair, ears and on the walls. I also get it on my fingers and today I KEPT licking my fingers whilst icing 4 doz cakes! Well my dears, I am a diabetic and by the time I had iced all these cakes my blood sugar must have been off the scale because I had been at the hospital only an hour when I realised I would quite like to rip someone's head off and poo down their neck. I wasn't bothered who it was either! I was in quite a hyper and naturally had no meds with me so I had to come home to take some before I murdered someone.

I have taken meds now and should be ok to visit him tonight. Here is a photo of the Birthday Boy for Sandy..............

Klasien
July 6th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Happy Birthday Mr Daisy!!!!!

I wish you many many more happy and healthy years to come!
Enjoy the day and all those oh so jummy looking cupcakes!

((Hugs))

Bubby
July 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Happy birthday Mr D!!! You look quite dapper in your birthday hat lying there on your quilt!!!! Enjoy your special day...Hugs from Missouri from Barb

madampolo
July 6th, 2012, 01:34 PM
I hope he has a great birthday!

bakermom
July 6th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. Daisy!! You're looking quite chipper there!

middlesis1966
July 6th, 2012, 02:00 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR DAISY!!!!! Heres to many many more!!!!

Monique
July 6th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Happy happy birthday MR. D.

Hugs and kisses from across the big pond

Jean Sewing Machine
July 6th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Happy birthday, Mr. D! Hope your day is fun, and you feel better very soon! And you and your lovely wife's birthdays are just 4 days apart-- how cool is that! Since you bought her a 10 carat diamond ring for her birthday, she bought you a Bentley--it's waiting fo you on the parking lot!

Oh, wait, that wasn't your family. Well, enjoy your new soft sweater!

pcbatiks
July 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Happy Birthday to Mr Daisy....hope he has a good day! And Ms Daisy....I've used the saying "rip someone's head off and shove it down the hole" but I've never heard your comment before....I'm still laughing about that one!! Too funny....glad you are feeling better now too! :D

Granny Judy
July 6th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Aww, look there is the Birthday Boy! with the Quilt!! and look at that HaT!!! Huggers to ya.

Genny
July 6th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Oh Happy...Happy...Happy Birthday Mr Daisy!

quilter.martha
July 6th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Happy birthday to Stewart! Tell him my kitties, who are on my lap as I type this say so too!

Tamara J Liddell
July 6th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. D Many Many more to come..

cyndiofthevortex
July 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Happy Birthday greeting from New England!

Kizzie
July 6th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Happy BIRTHDAY MR D!! What a smile!!! Tell him he looks like $h!t just to make him happy but I think he looks well :) LOL!!! :)

BellasQuilts
July 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Please send my birthday greetings to Stewart and that I wish him many, many more! Great Pic!

K. McEuen
July 6th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Hope he has a great birthday and starts feeling better. Maybe we need to get him a t-shirt to wear that says "I know I look good, but I feel like $h!t, wanna feel me?"

The first thing I noticed when I saw his picture was that man has the same legs that my dad had.

Shannon
July 6th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Whoo hoo. What a cutie! Happy Birthday to you sir!!

sewmuchjan
July 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Happy B-Day Mr. D.....:) and many more!!! :)

Hugs and Kisses.......To you both!!!!!!
Jan G.

csarina
July 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Happy birthday Stewart, love the hat!!
xx

auntiemern
July 6th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. D. You do look quite fetching in your birthday hat. Sending prayers your way. Big hugs to you and Mrs. D.

Blondie
July 6th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Well, so our Mr Daisy, the inimitable Stewart, has celebrated a magic day it seems. Be sure and complement him on legs that I covet. And of course, his matchless style is also celebrated in that marvelous smile. Give him a big old hug from North Carolina.
Hugs to you, you minx! I know you let your blood sugar get like that so everyone could see the real you, right?
Take care of yourself, darlin'. Make his party last all weekend.

Today he is a horrifying 51 years old........ I married a handsome young man......what happened? Ok I still wouldn't kick him out of bed (in fact don't lol) but somewhere along the line we put the years on he and I. Ah well, as long as we don't grown up too eh?

When the night staff woke him this morning they gasped.........omg what happened to you? He said...........whaaaaaaaaaaa? They said...........all those wrinkles! oh my you are old today. The two of them were giggling like schoolgirls he said. They told him they had been waiting all night to say that. Shakes head

I spent the morning baking and icing 4 dozen cupcakes to take in. Wanted there to be enough for all the patients and the different shifts of staff as they came on duty. I took balloons and his card and my gift (a soft pink marino wool sweater. The man looks divine in baby pink, and doesn't he just know it!) I also got him a silly hat which plays Happy Birthday.

Actually the poor dear feels like poo today but looks well which annoys him because everyone says........You are looking well!..... and he wants to say.......good oh cause I feel like Sh*t. But he doesnt say it of course. Too english lol.....what he says is 'why thank you'

I made a big boo boo whilst baking. I am a very messy baker, I get icing in my hair, ears and on the walls. I also get it on my fingers and today I KEPT licking my fingers whilst icing 4 doz cakes! Well my dears, I am a diabetic and by the time I had iced all these cakes my blood sugar must have been off the scale because I had been at the hospital only an hour when I realised I would quite like to rip someone's head off and poo down their neck. I wasn't bothered who it was either! I was in quite a hyper and naturally had no meds with me so I had to come home to take some before I murdered someone.

I have taken meds now and should be ok to visit him tonight. Here is a photo of the Birthday Boy for Sandy..............

bec
July 6th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Hey...what about the rest of us? We like to see Mr. Daisy, too. lol

Sorry to hear that he feels like poo. Maybe all the hoopla over his birthday will raise his spirits and make him feel better. I don't believe that he is 51. You're just joshing us. He doesn't look a day over 39. :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MR. DAISY!

Take care of yourself, Alison. AND quit licking your fingers, for goodness sakes. We don't want anybody's head ripped off!!!

Hugs to you both.

quiltingtrish
July 6th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Happy Birthday MR. D!!!!! You look wonderful, even though you don't feel it.
Hope you can feel my birthday HUGS.

Hugs,

Winniesfriend
July 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Happy Birthday Stewart - may you have many more.

HandsOffItsMine
July 6th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Happy BDay Stewart! Hoping that the Poo Day went better as the day went by! You're holding up pretty good! Love the legs...:D They're a close second to Don's hehe

Alison, you can be the Queen of Hearts and just say "Off with their Heads!" I feel that way if I forget my Paxel! LOL

Enjoy your day together!!!

Huggers from Don and Ruby plus Kat, Matt, Penny, Oliver and Zander

NanaB
July 6th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Mr. D. Glad that you are sharing it with all of 'your' quilty friends.

Sandy Navas
July 6th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Ah, Stewart and Alison always make my day. I have to agree with Blondie. Covet those legs. I don't care if he feels like poo (actually I don't want him to EVER feel that way again), but he sure doesn't look ill. What a HUNK!! You know, Alison, I have always said that Al is like a pair of OLD comfortable shoes. He sure doesn't look so great any more, but he is so comfortable that I wouldn't dare throw him out. Besides, with the current 'styles' I couldn't find a pair that fit as well. There is something special about our personal HUNKS!!

And YOU, Dear One, stay away from that icing. I think Ruby has the best advice. "Off with their heads!!" I just want to be around for the blood and gore!

Love you both -

phoots
July 7th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Happy Birthday, Mr Daisy!!! I love your legs!!!

Pam in Vegas

MRoy
July 7th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Daisy! It looks like you had a great one!

CrazyMtnLady
July 7th, 2012, 11:51 AM
:icon_whistle: WHAT LEGS!!!!!!!!!!

:icon_woohoo: Happy Birthday Handsome. You are the same age as my Darling Daniel....of course only for a month. He will be 52 at the end of August. And he is younger than me (I will be 58 on August 16th :( ).... like fine wine...better with age.

Allison... please give him my best and take care of yourself.. no more licking your fingers!!!