PDA

View Full Version : Why is it Friday

Blondie
July 6th, 2012, 07:44 AM

Hello Folksies

My coffee tastes yum yum yum to me this morning.
It does not feel like a Friday to me. Most possibly because the 4th was in the middle of the week. And I slept in my own bed last night for the first time in over a week; can I hear a good amen or shout a happy Lawd. Have. Mercy. . There is also possibly another reason why this coffee tastes so yummy this morning. It is honest to goodness caffeinated coffee and all that is at Mom's is decaf. I mean why bother to make coffee if you're taking the good stuff out?

I can see how busy and productive y'all have been in the past little while. Bubby, love your blog so much and have missed visiting; same with my buddy GrannyJudy. If'n y'all don't have another thing to do you should at least visit our member's blogs. Blogs. Sigh. I have been so bad in keeping up with my blog. Once my camera went kaput, I stopped for awhile. Now that I have a camera, it is finding the time to sit and update. I may try to find some time to do the blog thing.

Also continued prayers for my special sisters and their families with physical needs for a touch from heaven. Klaisen, all of your kin are covered with a blanket of prayer. Ginny, I have been praying for your son. Jan and Angela - your girls have been a catalyst for many precious moments of creating and sharing. Kathy and Cyndi, those children who need a forever home are never far from my thoughts. I will share with y'all some time my own story on that subject.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

SMILE.

ginampls
July 6th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Blondie honey you are on top of things. like our dear folks here. as for me. i am doing good. my dear brother got an awesome job as a millwright. he will need to be out of town most days. and i have been looking into apt. i have a strong lead for one. that would be right up my alley. but then if DB is out of town who will care for mom. so do i flip a coin? or just wait this out...but moving home to moms was a good decition i have been able to get some help that i have been needing. the apt is only a few miles away so on my days off i could come visit mom and just hang out. or do what i can to make it more comfortable for DD and myself here...way cheaper here..as rent to mom is low. your guys input please. i will pay attention to what you all have to say... okay must get going... see later will check in laterr..love you's

CrazyMtnLady
July 6th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Good morning.
Blondie, I am glad you got to sleep in your own bed last night, I feel the same way when I've been away and then finally come home. I am a homebody anyway so I really get anxious after a while of being away.

I got just a bit of sewing done yesterday morning, before it got to hot. I have been sewing my appliques to the sailboat quilt.

I think our poor truck is going to be the death of our wallet soon! Darling Daniel went to town yesterday to try and get the air-conditioner done. Did that! Then Joe the Mechanic was trying to adjust our parking/emergency brake so it would work again and found that the rear brakes are shot and the rotors have dangerous cracks in them. So It will mean another trip to town for Darling Daniel today, if Joe can get the parts. Otherwise it will be tomorrow. I promised I'd make Joe another loaf of Onion Bread, but he had to wait until our temperatures cooled off a bit before I suffer through having the oven on. He takes such good care of us and doesn't charge us much labor! I will probably stay home again...yippee!

Prayers for all those in need.

Hugs.

HandsOffItsMine
July 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hey Sis, oh so great to see you again on a regular basis in the morning while we're in the same time zone. hehe

Glad that Mom is doing well and that you got to sleep with Luscious last night in your own bed. Don and I were glad to sleep on a real mattress when we got here, especially me! Seven weeks on the sofa, my back didn't know what it hit that first night. :D

I hope you get the Blog going again, with the Holidays coming I would love to see your Primitive 2012 creations before you sell them! Jan sells garden art made with blown glass, ceramics, etc. really cute - we've been antiqueing. Loads of fun, have to control myself as we have no space but I did find a 2.5" silverplate creamer for $7 that will come home in my carryon. Yea! A cut glass candy bowl for $5 too good a deal that it has to come back with me. The rest of the deals will have to stay in GA :(

Today I plan on driving to a quilt shop to find some Kansas Trouble fabric to take back with me for Douwe's block. Couldn't find it in Cali, surely here in the South they must have it or patterns/colors similar?!?

We had the four deer in the yard again yesterday but we haven't seen the two babies again. We're hoping that the coyotes didn't get them as they were still really wobbly in walking. Had some more rain and thunder last night night - about half an hour. Good enough that Jan and I won't have to water the gardens.

Prayers for all and healing light to those in need.

Huggers, Ruby

LynneLeavell
July 6th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Blondie glad you got to sleep in your bed last night.

Gina if it were me, If my relationship and living arrangement with my mom were good and you are not stressed and your daughter is ok with it I would stay where you are at. If you moved out and something happened you would probably blame your self and say If I were still living there this would not have happen. I know that's how I would feel if it were me. But if it is a strenuous relationship then move out and let your mother know you will be by to check on her.

Oh well hope everyone has a great day.

Monique
July 6th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Blondie is sure is nice to have you back. I think I said the same thing yesterday too. It is always nice to sleep in your own bed, isn't it. I use a blow-up mattress when I go to my son's.

The temperature for today is 32C - 89.6F, feeling like 42C - 107.6F, so I will get to feel what some of you are feeling now. I may MELT!!

Work went well yesterday. This is such a tiny post office so I wasn't worried. I did take a movie with me to watch in the afternoon. It was so quiet.

When I got home, my brother was here visiting. What a surprise.

Heard that my baby girl may have the Chicken POPS! That is what my boys called them. I think they are taking her to the dr's today to confirm. She needs her mama to look after her. I told DIL to give her lots of baths with oatmeal in it. Poor baby!!

I may try and finish the blocks for the swap today if I don't melt.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

GrammaBabs
July 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Blondie... just wanted to say that God sent us a "gift" when he put you on this earth.. you and so many others here have such kind and loving spirits... I could never keep up the way you all do... but please know i'm here reading what i can and praying for you all to have the happy and peaceful lives you all so richly deserve...GBabs

OH and Blondie... my DD has a saying..."Decaf coffee,,, Caffine free soda???? What's the point!!!" :lol:

aliaslaceygreen
July 6th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Morning all! Little bit of a rough night for us, Layla stayed and she didn't sleep well, but both she and grandpa are still asleep now. When the day does start, it will be pool time --Timmy bought a 6x8 blow up pool and a palm tree for the pad that once held the old shed. We had one of those gazebo's on it years back but the fabric ripped. Now we are re-staging it as a pool area! Too cute, and considering it was 101 by 11 am yesterday, and by Sunday they say 106...yeah a few hours in a kiddie pool sounds divine!24039

Genny
July 6th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Blondie...you're right...theres nothing like sleeping in our own beds and coffee without caffine is just a waste of a good cup of coffee.

I know this may seem silly to some people...but we only drink coffee in the late fall and winter. I love the smell of it and with some sugar and cream I love the taste of it too. For summer and spring we're into iced tea, even at breakfast...I know...we're weird...:lol:

Sandy Navas
July 6th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Why IS it Friday? Why am I up?

IT'S SO HOT in Missouri.....the birds have to use potholders to pull the worms out of the ground.

.....the trees are whistling for the dogs.

.....the best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance

.....hot water comes from both taps.

.....you can make sun tea instantly.

.....you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.

.....the temperature drops below 90 F and you feel a little chilly.

.....you discover that in July it only takes two fingers to steer your car.

.....you discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.

.....you actually burn your hand opening the car door.

.....you break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 A.M.

.....your biggest motorcycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death"?

.....you realize that asphalt has a liquid stage.

.....the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter.

.....the cows are giving evaporated milk.

.....farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.

IT'S SO DRY IN Missouri that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes, the Presbyterians are giving rain checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water!

Sandy Navas
July 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Morning all! Little bit of a rough night for us, Layla stayed and she didn't sleep well, but both she and grandpa are still asleep now. When the day does start, it will be pool time --Timmy bought a 6x8 blow up pool and a palm tree for the pad that once held the old shed. We had one of those gazebo's on it years back but the fabric ripped. Now we are re-staging it as a pool area! Too cute, and considering it was 101 by 11 am yesterday, and by Sunday they say 106...yeah a few hours in a kiddie pool sounds divine!24039

Is she not the cutest thing? Hope you are spoiling her well . . .

buckeyequilter
July 6th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Good morning...

Blondie - I know what you mean about sleeping in your own bed. When we have to spend 1 night anywhere I can't wait to get home :)

The temp is supposed to be 101 here today with a heat index of 108.

I'm getting ready to go to do some quilt shopping....there is a shop close to us, in the country, and I'm going to stop in there - never been there. Then heading to town for some more quilt shopping therapy. I'm getting ready to take a quilt class and need to start looking for fall fabrics and pick up a couple of the supplies that I don't have. Oh and Ruby just reminded me that I need to make a couple of block for Douwe's quilt so I need to pick up some Kansas Troubles fabric for that (I really like that fabric line).

I need to finish up my pincushion for the pinnie swap too....will be a busy day today.

Everyone have a wonderful day! Prayers and hugs to all.

middlesis1966
July 6th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Good to see I'm not the only one out there who loves the leaded coffee, lol. The bad thing is I'm so addicted to caffene that after a period of time I get massive headaches until I get some coffee in me. I did really good for a long time limiting my intake, ugh now I'm right back to where I was. Oh well there are worse things in life that I could be doing. Oh and according to all the studies out now regarding caffeine, I should be brillant, never forget anything, and reduce my risks for skin cancer. Ok so far I've gotten 1 outa 3 of those things going good for me and its not the brillant or the forgetful part either, lol.

Thanks all for the prayers with Alexandria. I'm kinda frustarted right now. I was under the impresson that she would get her BRCA testing yesterday. Oh no that isn't done by this doctor, she only does the recommending and now we are seeing my Onc to do the testing, ugh. I did get some peace of mind from her, so it wasn't a total waste, but really we coulda skipped the middleman and saved me a copay. Between my son and the doctors they think I have a money tree in my pocketbook, ugh! That must be why I carry such a large purse, lol.

Monique
July 6th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Good to see I'm not the only one out there who loves the leaded coffee, lol. The bad thing is I'm so addicted to caffene that after a period of time I get massive headaches until I get some coffee in me. I did really good for a long time limiting my intake, ugh now I'm right back to where I was. Oh well there are worse things in life that I could be doing. Oh and according to all the studies out now regarding caffeine, I should be brillant, never forget anything, and reduce my risks for skin cancer. Ok so far I've gotten 1 outa 3 of those things going good for me and its not the brillant or the forgetful part either, lol.

Thanks all for the prayers with Alexandria. I'm kinda frustarted right now. I was under the impresson that she would get her BRCA testing yesterday. Oh no that isn't done by this doctor, she only does the recommending and now we are seeing my Onc to do the testing, ugh. I did get some peace of mind from her, so it wasn't a total waste, but really we coulda skipped the middleman and saved me a copay. Between my son and the doctors they think I have a money tree in my pocketbook, ugh! That must be why I carry such a large purse, lol.

Thinking of you Paula

ILove2quilt
July 6th, 2012, 11:20 AM
My goodness you have me crying like a baby.

Lonna
July 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
A Louisiana Blessing

Note: If you are not a resident of Louisiana or never have lived in the hot, humid South, you may not understand the weight of this blessing!

Bless this house, oh Lord, we Cry.
Please keep it cool in mid-July.
Bless the walls where termites dine,
While ants and roaches march in time.
Bless our yard where spiders pass
Fire ant castles in the grass.
Bless the garage, a home to please
Carpenter beetles, ticks and fleas.
Bless the love bugs, two by two,
The gnats and mosquitoes that feed on you.
Millions of creatures that fly or crawl,
In Louisiana, Lord, you've put them all!
But this is home, and here we'll stay,
So thank you Lord, for insect spray.

Bubby
July 6th, 2012, 01:39 PM
It's so hot here our tomatoes are blistering and rotting on the vine! I read on the computer yesterday that farmers are very worried we may have another Dust Bowl due to the dry conditions. If you are too young to remember this tragic event Google it and be prepared to be shocked. DH and I recently watched a PBS documentary about this event and it was so sad. I'm very concerned about the radically changing weather patterns, wildfires that can't be stopped, lack of moisture, storms and earthquakes in unusual places, unrelenting heatwaves, etc. Am I alone? Barb

Lonna
July 6th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Oh no Barb I am right there with you. I am afraid that we are headed for some really rough times ahead of us. And as soft as we have all become just not sure how we will all make out. I am in consent pray for our country and its well being.

Granny Judy
July 6th, 2012, 02:14 PM
There's that girl...Home from her many adventures into life events. Ahh, sleeping in your own bed--now ya all know why I love to stay at home. It's my refuge from couches and blow up mattress's.

Got my daily chuckles from the HEAT And Blessings. Thank YOU, ladies. It just improves my life to come here and get a big ol smile going for the day. I try to stay inside while the temps hover up there around 100 plus.

I had to give up caffeine due to health issues and It was/still is a struggle. I never thought I would be able to "live" without my shot of caffeine thru out the day.. but I have and My health has improved- just not my disposition--- according to my DD#2. She still thinks I'm opinionated and stubborn. It's my last line of defense in this fast changing world we live in. Life is what we make it and I've got it pretty easy right now.

DD & Hubby are clearing out the attic to get ready to insulate and use the space up there... so boxes & containers of "stored" items are coming down for me to pass judgement on. Whether to keep, sell, donate or trash...That is the question. These are the things I do best.. LOL :icon_tup:

Gotta get with it..boxes are stacked up higher than I can reach.... prayers and hugs going out to all.

Patrice
July 6th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Nothing better than your own bed. Glad you are back. How is mom doing?

Blondie
July 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM

Good afternoon, evening, whatever - folksies!

I am dragging my wagon in from work a bit early, thank the good Lord. It is still hot as bloody blue blazes so I thought the cold spot above would make me cooler just looking at it. It also helps me to smile on a few fronts:
(a) I would like to smack some folks down and keep going and
(b) I would like to be able to fall into some icy cold anything for a second and get back up to do it all over again. Yeah, I am counting down to Fall. One of the best things about summer is that Fall is on the way.

Sandy, I loved your "heat" blurb and Lonna your ode was priceless. You should send it to Billy the Exterminator. hehehee.

Gina, I agree with Myrna. If you have a solid and understanding relationship with your Mom, stay with her and save up some $$ for the future. Things will never get cheaper, that's for certain, and a small cushion is easier to land on than hard dirt. I live next door to my own Mom, so when I don't have to stay down the hill, I am still on the phone with her or down there visiting several times a day. I don't know your Mom's health situation ~ I just know that even with all the care that my sweet Mom has needed off and on the past several years, and my Daddy before he passed ~ I have NO REGRETS ~ I have memories that no one can take from me. My Daddy would fuss at me for being "bossy" at times and tell me, You only have one Momma and one Daddy. You best be good to me. I finally got back at him one day when he said that with a "Yes, and you only have one ME." That put some grits in his britches. lol. I shall pray Gina that you have peace about whatever decision you make. It is after all, your life and no one can walk that path for you.

Paula, I have continued to pray for your DD, and wondered what was up. I, too, expected to hear before now. I was thinking no news is good news. Now I know if you had a tree in your purse it would be the mysterious bonsai dollar tree that only grows 50 dollar bills in the summer and 100 dollar bills in the winter. And if you did have said tree, you would propagate one to share with me. In turn, I would continue to pass it on. No one would even think of Obamacare then, would they?

Judy, you have my condolences over the coffee. Years ago I got de caffeinated because I had lumpy boobs. I also quit smoking at the same time. I was the tiny terror of Chickasaw Forest back then. I decided that lumpy boobs were more interesting and kept me from being such a bee. You get so much accomplished in any given day, you certainly don't need to caffeinne to buzz you along. Good luck with the boxes.

Patrice and all who ask - Mom is doing okay. She called me at work a few times to tell me she pushed the record on the heart monitor. Don't know where Sis was then - possibly at the store. Anyway, she is doing just okay. I don't think this heat helps anyone feel good!

Everyone else, have a great evening! I am going to lie down on the sofa for a bit and chill out.

quiltingtrish
July 6th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hi everyone. Been a little busy here.
Took DD Katie for her MRI, she is scheduled for the 20th for a knee repair. Again. Ugh!
Went in to a job today, a friend needs help with their phone answering for when they will be away on vacation. So, I also go in all next week and if today is any indication of how slow it will be next week, oh boy, I need to take in some hand sewing!
Good to see you back Blondie. You are such a blessing to your mom.
I gotta scoot - It will be a busy weekend and not enough time to do all I need to do.
Hugs to all,

auntiemern
July 6th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Good evening all. So glad you are back Blondie, and that mom is doing well. Caffeine is my salvation. I too get massive headaches if I don't get any. Yep Sandy, hotter than Hades here. DH takes care of the maters. so I have no idea how they are doing. Walked out there once and got a tick. That was it for me. Sorry was so late getting on here today and I got to say my hello's to everyone. Well everyone have a great rest of the day.

middlesis1966
July 7th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Wow it sure was (still is) hotter then heck out there. I have a bad habit of getting addicted to all kinds of projects. Well the newest one is fabric dyeing. Well last weekend we had such a blast at doing T shirts, that I wanted to do more. I called my friend and she and her sissy gave me about 20 items to do, no problem. Well lets just say this much, I will never do it again during a heatwave that's for sure. I got home around 4:45 and was out there until 7:30. Good thing I can handle the heat or I woulda been a goner. I did get the items done and now they are chilling out letting the fabric and dyes do that cool thing they do. On the plus side, one more day of the intense heat and it's done to where the temps should be.

Have a great night all!!!!