PDA

View Full Version : I found this video...

Genny
July 6th, 2012, 12:45 AM
For anyone that hems jeans, and with 7 girls in our family...I hem a lot of them..., I found this great video from heirloom creations that makes this chore much easier. I used it on 2 new pair of jeans today and I'll never hem another pair the old way again. This is so simple. Hope this link works. Enjoy, Genny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXxRuIqBh4&feature=plcp

Winniesfriend
July 6th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Interesting idea, not sure how well that would work for me when I turn Jeans up I am 5 foot 2 so I usually turn them up quite a bit.

Sandy Navas
July 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Now to just figure how to lengthen them for the ever-growing girls, and how to make the waist fit their tooth-pick bodies (no butts yet!!)

Monique
July 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Very interesting video.

GrammaBabs
July 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Thank you... wonderful technique... learn something every day here...:)

Genny
July 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Interesting idea, not sure how well that would work for me when I turn Jeans up I am 5 foot 2 so I usually turn them up quite a bit.

Really doesn't matter, you can either tuck the extra fabric up inside the jeans and tack it down or you can cut it off. I had to hem mine 2 inches and you can't even tell I've changed the length at all unless you look inside the pant leg.

Genny
July 6th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Now to just figure how to lengthen them for the ever-growing girls, and how to make the waist fit their tooth-pick bodies (no butts yet!!)

Not sure about this lengthening them, at my age I'll probably have to shorten them again...:lol:

Granny Judy
July 6th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Lengthen jeans by adding decorative fabric or jean fabric to the ends.. either gathered or straight. I sewed the addition on above the seam then cut off that hemed area. The trick is getting jean fabric to match jean fabric.. After 20 years I finally got rid of my stash of denim. There was a video listed on the right that showed how to do the waist of jeans.

I generally did the same technique for my girls/one boy and their jeans. They are all grown up now and can do their own!!