PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos

Monique
July 3rd, 2012, 08:01 AM

Good morning all. As I was searching for a picture for today, this one caught my attention. It is so true.

Blondie checked in yesterday. We sure do miss her around here. And I see Rebecca popped in too. Have been missing her too. I saw Debra Sackett on Facebook yesterday.

Sometimes life just has a way of creeping up and keeping us busy.

I did not do a whole lot yesterday. Got some blankets washed for my son. I cleaned out his car and put an air freshner in. Vaccummed (sp. ?) and washed the windows. Hubby smoked in his car the whole way home from the west. The least I could do is get the car smelling good again.

The boys went golfing yesterday and did not return at a reasonable time. ARGGGGG!! They ended up home at 10 pm with pizza. I had cooked chicken for supper. I guess boys will be boys. They had a wonderful time. My son even rubbed my feet. I was in heaven. My ankle has been swollen and sore since Saturday. Don't know why!!

I did manage to look through a bin of fabric to only put it away again.

I do work on Thursday which is good. Cash scene is not great.

I do hope all of you without electricity are managing ok. To those suffering from the heat, try and stay cool and hydrated. To those needing rain, anyone know how to do a rain dance?

Have a wonderful day in whatever you do today. Love you all!!

Patrice
July 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Good morning all! I have been able to get a lot of UFO's done this summer. This week I took a break and have been canning all week. My son is home from seminary all summer and has been a big help. Hope all with power get it on soon. I have lots of relatives without it up north. Someone please to a rain dance for us. that would be great!

MRoy
July 3rd, 2012, 08:11 AM
Monique, the message in your picture is so true. If we just look around we can often find someone whose battle is harder than ours. It's a little cloudy in the west this morning...I hope those clouds carry rain to us. Wishing everyone a great day!

quiltingtrish
July 3rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
Uh - Monique? "My son even rubbed my feet." Lucky you!!! I have a 24 year old here (birthday today!) that is a certified massage therapist. One would think I could get some kind of rub out of him. Sadly, no.

Today I am working on some applique. Between now and tonight's applique class in Hershey, I will be washing and hanging clothes out. Hope it doesn't rain. Guess that will about do it for the day for me.

Hope you all have a wonderful day - the heat can go away, the rains can come for those that need it (we need it but not today please), and the electric can come back on for those without.

Hugs,

Bubby
July 3rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
23818Good Morning Everyone,

Still no rain here...just a few sprinkles yesterday which made it unbelievably humid. Not really enough to wet the patio.

Molly visited her groomer yesterday and came home sporting a red/white/bly bow for the 4th. DH snapped a picture of her just moments before she ripped it off...

Our family wishes all of you and yours a safe and fun 4th of July!!!!!

Hugs Barb

cyndiofthevortex
July 3rd, 2012, 09:06 AM
Blondie, your motto of the day was something I really needed to hear.

Today is going to be a day devoted to sewing and friendship. My friend Jane is coming over for the day and we are going to sew her up a quilt! She bought a batik lap quilt kit on one of our trips up to Keepsake years ago and today is the day the top gets put together. She is also bringing lunch!

ginampls
July 3rd, 2012, 09:40 AM
I am hoping to get things in order. i bought some space saving bag from the wmart store i hope they work. planning on a load or of laundry. gonna be hot here. not looking forward to the heat. high 90's plus humidity.. if i get 2 loads of laundry done i will be pleased with myself..and that would be real good.

CrazyMtnLady
July 3rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Good Morning all. I loved the Motto for the day!

Mother Nature was fooling with us last evening. She was rumbling and grumbling and covered us with black clouds but would not rain on us a drop!

I used the color catchers for the first time yesterday and washed my Texas wall-hanging. It is going to get shipped out today, so I want to write a nice note to put in the box with it.

We were unable to get the air-conditioning fixed on the truck yesterday because they had to order the part and it won't be there until today. So DH will be going into town to get that done later. I think I will stay home this time and get some sewing done.

Hugs and prayers.

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Uh - Monique? "My son even rubbed my feet." Lucky you!!! I have a 24 year old here (birthday today!) that is a certified massage therapist. One would think I could get some kind of rub out of him. Sadly, no.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Now give your Mother a foot massage! You hear??????

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2012, 10:50 AM
I am so proud that I actually QUILTED . . . rather PIECED yesterday. I have six blocks finished for Al's quilt and have most of the piecing finished for the rest of the blocks. It is going to be so fantastic now that I've decided I do not need 70+ pieces in each block!!!! This one has 7 only!! Now that's my kind of quilt.

Got an official order for an owl bag yesterday. I also have a pattern for a cat and Zoe wanted one. I'll NEVER do that one again - too small for these big old clumsy hands to work with and I didn't think it was that cute once it was sewn out.

Heading out to do a rain dance. I remember doing one with Mom and my Bro & Sis when we were young. The dust in the roads at that time was about 5 inches deep. We did get a few drops last Saturday night - but the next morning you couldn't see any effects from it. Wouldn't John Steinbeck have a heyday with this year?

Heading off to the sewing room. OOOOOOOOOhhhh, I almost forgot. About two weeks ago I ran across an ad on our local Craig's list offering quilting fabric, notions, books, finished pieces, etc. I printed out the ad and sat on it for a while (not literally, Kathy), and yesterday I called about it. This woman is wanting to leave this area and move to CA (sad story) and said she had not received a single call so far!! Anyway, we talked, she has about 14-15 huge totes full of fabric as well as all the other things. Told her to give me an estimate so she called back later in the day and said she would take $1200 . . . out of my range for sure! Later I was looking around and thought to my self . . . why tempt yourself. Besides, where would you put anything else???? I am going to connect her with our quilt guild and maybe she can sell some of the things through them.

BYE!

aliaslaceygreen
July 3rd, 2012, 10:51 AM
Morning!!! I figured out how I missed you all yesterday, I was looking in General Discussion, not General Chit-Chat.... (this new forum, while nice, happened during my vacation and then 3 days of no internet, so I am not quite on the ball yet!!!)

It is good to see everyone! I am going to quilt today, on my way to the beach!! DH and I decided it was a beach day, so after I gather my things, I have a quilt that needs some hand attention...Haven't quilted it feels like, in forever!!!

middlesis1966
July 3rd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Morning all!! Love the header!
Try and stay cool everyone!
Having a crazy work week this week and next. Thursday we're off to the doctors for my daughter. I'm BRCA positive so we are going to see if she can get tested now or wait a bit longer. I've got mixed feelings about it, but I told her the choice is hers. Its a powerful emotion to carry daily knowing you have a gene that can increase your risk of certain types of cancer. Please keep her in your prayers that she doesn't have it.

Lonna
July 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Good Morning All,
Sounds like everyone has great plans for the day. It is another work day for me at least I am lucky enough that it is inside with a/c. Would love to be home starting a new quilt top but quess it is a good thing I am here as my mind seems to be in a fog. Just can not seem to wrap my thoughts around anything today or last night either for that matter. Have all my strips sewn together to try and do the quilt top from here with the 3 dudes. I have cut and sewed a couple of squares together, but so far just not liking it yet. So don't know weather to contiune with it or stop and find something else to do with these strips that are sewn together. If anyone has any ideas I am open to suggestions just need it to be simple as I am really having a hard time keeping focused right now. My sewing is an escape right now so like to keep it simple.

Here is to a great day to all. Hope those with out, receive what they need. Take care my friends.

sewbizzy
July 3rd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Good Morning everyone!!! Great motto!! I finished the binding on a table runner yesterday...then put together some peak hour charms for a quilt top for Marilyn's donation quilts...hope to get it done by next week, but heard my son and his family are coming from NC Thursday....have to visit the grocery store and stock up on some food...my 3 other children and their families will be here too (they all live about 5 minutes from us)...will be so happy to see them...haven't seen my dil or gds since Christmas...my son was here in February for a couple days for the funeral of one of my close friends...
It is so true, we have treasure everyday...
Prayers for all that need them and blessings for today!!

K. McEuen
July 3rd, 2012, 12:31 PM
23818Molly visited her groomer yesterday and came home sporting a red/white/bly bow for the 4th. DH snapped a picture of her just moments before she ripped it off...

Hehe, we had a little poodle when I was a kid. She'd go to the groomer and come home with a tiny bow on her head and her toenails painted. The first thing she would do was lay down and chew all the polish off her toes.

We had a bit of rain here last night. First time it has rained in months. It wasn't nearly enough, the ground is dry this morning and my truck is spotted, but in NM we'll take any that we can get. Maybe this is the start of our monsoon season.

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2012, 01:37 PM
Morning all!! Love the header!
Try and stay cool everyone!
Having a crazy work week this week and next. Thursday we're off to the doctors for my daughter. I'm BRCA positive so we are going to see if she can get tested now or wait a bit longer. I've got mixed feelings about it, but I told her the choice is hers. Its a powerful emotion to carry daily knowing you have a gene that can increase your risk of certain types of cancer. Please keep her in your prayers that she doesn't have it.

All kinds of special prayers being said, Paula. Hugs to you both and powerful wishes for normal results.

Granny Judy
July 3rd, 2012, 02:04 PM
Getting a break from the roar of both kids home on a 2 week vacation. I loves them to pieces, but they really upset my regular schedule around here. Dark clouds, bommers and rumblings, but no wet stuff last night. So I was up and outside watering my tomatoes and cucumbers (container gardening) before It gets too hot. Kids went off to HIS mom's to mow & get her A/c put in the window. HiS father is still in the hospital following emergency surgery for an infected gall bladder. (he is 80+)

Been working on this off and on. Lots of quilting and I am just getting started. As long as the temps are in the 90's, I'll be inside with A/C and My Stary Night.. LOL. DD#2 has claimed this one, too!!

auntiemern
July 3rd, 2012, 03:43 PM
Good day all. As usual it is after noon before I get on here. Got started quilting another hospital quilt FINALLY. Not sure what I am going to get done today. Hoping everyone has a blessed and fabric filled day.

janluna
July 3rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone! Hope your day has gone well so far. It's dark here but so far no rain. Hope everyone has a great 4th. Stay safe.
Paula, prayers have been lifting you and your daughter up, everyday. Love you Sweetie!
Gina, let me know how you make out. You and Abbey have a fun day tomorrow! Or do you have to work the big sale Joann's is having? I hope your 4th is fun. Prayers for you too. Love you so much darlin!
Judy, prayers for your SIL's Father are being said as well. Hugs to you.
Prayers for all the people without power. That is so hard on such hot days. I'm sorry, I wish I could help. I'm sending prayers and hopefully rain!
Love you all. Sandy, I love your posts. And you too! Love, Hugs, and Prayers, Jan L.

bkthomas
July 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Gina works at JoAnn's?!!! Lucky girl - or not depends on how you look at it! Paula,prayers for you and yours! Cyndi was asleep when she posted,he he. ...and Sandy, why you single me out? I'm not the only one that thought you actually sat on it!

Sandy Navas
July 3rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Gina works at JoAnn's?!!! Lucky girl - or not depends on how you look at it! Paula,prayers for you and yours! Cyndi was asleep when she posted,he he. ...and Sandy, why you single me out? I'm not the only one that thought you actually sat on it!

I didn't want you to think I had forgotten about you . . .

bkthomas
July 3rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
I didn't want you to think I had forgotten about you . . .

How sweet - I am touched! ...and just to let you know, no book yet!

Sandy Navas
July 4th, 2012, 11:00 AM
How sweet - I am touched! ...and just to let you know, no book yet!

Your mail delivery service isn't the best, is it? Your postman probably took the book home to read it . . . since he's so slow in delivering mail he probably can't read that fast either . . . give it another day or two. Shucks - mailed it last Wednesday!!!!