PDA

View Full Version : June 31 . . . .

Sandy Navas
July 1st, 2012, 12:38 AM
. . . got your attention, didn't I? I, unfortunately, read this before I headed to my sewing room today - so I didn't get to sew until about 6:30 p.m.

23742(Sure hope this shows so you can read it)

Heads up to all points east: Storm hit here about 8:15 - rain, hail the size of golf balls, winds . . . and did I say winds? Hubby on the road between here and Kansas City - called to say the winds were so bad he was pulling off the road. And then it all quit. And then it started all over again. We sure need the moisture. Can do without the rest.

nurrsey
July 1st, 2012, 12:50 AM
Oh my, well according to this I should probably never sew!!! Lol

auntiemern
July 1st, 2012, 12:55 AM
LMAO!!! If this were the case, I would never sew anything. I only get dressed if I have to leave the house. Me and my jammies are best friends. If I got up and put on make up DH could quite possibly keel over. I used to be fanatical about such things, but that was a looooong time ago. Maybe, just maybe, I should get dolled up occasionally. I have been told I clean up good, lol. Am going to get hair permed Fri, tho. Been to long since I had it done, and the pony tail thing, is NOT working for me, lol.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 1st, 2012, 01:54 AM
Did June Cleaver write thse instructions?

Wonder if that rain will make it to St. louis?

phoots
July 1st, 2012, 02:02 AM
Wow, since I don't clean much or do dishes (my BF does all that) and I rarely if ever wear make up, I won't be sewing at all!! As for the storm, it missed Vegas as did every other storm since sometime last year! I so miss summer thunder storms!!! Heck, any rain at all anytime of year!!!

Pam in Vegas

Musical_Starling
July 1st, 2012, 02:06 AM
So if I make hubby do all the chores and lock the front door to keep away visitors, does that count? lol We could do with some of that rain, but hopefully the wind dies off a bit if it heads up this way! I'm beginning to think that the wind is MADE here before it travels all over the world! I know we're the foggiest place in the world, but I'm beginning to think we may be second in line for the windiest too! lol

I actually just did a search on Google, and found this:

"St. Johns is a city that beats all other cities in Canada in terms of records. Of major Canadian cities, St. John’s is the foggiest (124 days), snowiest (359 cm (141 in)), wettest (1,514 mm (59.6 in)), most cloudy (1,497 hours of sunshine), and of course the the windiest (24.3 km/h (15.1 mph) average speed). It does have one advantage though. It experiences one of the most mild winters compared to most cities in Canada."

We're the third windiest city in the whole world lol So you can keep the wind, but we'll take some of that rain please :icon_giggle:

lilmouse
July 1st, 2012, 03:13 AM
Saw that one on Facebook and laughed for a long time....never work in my household although chores come before fun....but a dress and makeup.....to sew...not in my lifetime!

Divine Daisy
July 1st, 2012, 07:56 AM
um........... I read this and 'Bollox to that' escaped my lips before I could stop it (sorry)

Actually I didnt try to stop it but sorry anyway

Winniesfriend
July 1st, 2012, 08:03 AM
OMG. LOL, yeah right I am sure we all do that, thank goodness times have changed.

pcbatiks
July 1st, 2012, 08:20 AM
I'll be right back.........I've got to go put on a nice dress and some lipstick !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D And on my way back to the computer I'll stop by the kitchen and wash the dishes !!! hahahahahahahhahaahaha That's hysterical! The more I think about it...the funnier it gets! I might have to print that out an hang it on the wall! Sandy, thanks for sharing that with us!
My sewing uniform of choice is lounge pants and a t-shirt! Too funny!!!

DCM
July 1st, 2012, 08:30 AM
That is hilarious!!! Kind of sad that that's what was expected of women in those times. I remember my mom telling me how my father expected all our toys to be picked up before he got home from work, and she typically dusted and vacuumed almost daily when I was very young. If I followed this clipping I'd never get to sew. Don't own any make up or dresses! Thanks for the good laugh. Now I'm going to sew, in old shorts and a tshirt -- and I have dishes to do and they can wait :)

Bubby
July 1st, 2012, 09:01 AM
When I retired four years ago I donated my business suits and dresses to an organization that helps disadvantaged women enter or re-enter the working world. I'm DONE with dressing up and wearing makeup beyond lip gloss and moisturizer. I do remember my Aunt Carrie dressing up like June Cleaver with dresses, pearls and high heels just to be at home. My Uncle Jim always wore a white shirt and tie at home, too! These people never relaxed!! My MIL still irons everything...even her sweatshirts! It's different world today...thank goodness! The only reason I have an iron is for making quilts....:)

MRoy
July 1st, 2012, 10:00 AM
:icon_rofl:Yeah, sure! My sewing days would be over if I had to follow those instructions. I only wear makeup for work or going out. I can wear jeans to work unless there's a meeting with people from outside the office so I sure don't dress up at home. I don't do dresses and I don't recall the last time I wore a skirt (probably to a funeral).

Sandy, I hope some of your rain gets here without all the extra stuff. The grass is crunchy.

CrazyMtnLady
July 1st, 2012, 10:14 AM
LOL.... We've come a long way baby!!!!!

I have dishes to do and laundry too, but I can't make the bed....DH is still in it sleeping! I don't do dresses and I only wear make-up occasionally.

I still iron, but that is only because I hang the clothes on the line and they need to be ironed. If I had a dryer I don't think I would iron as much.

I think I will print that out and frame it to hang by my sewing table. :)