PDA

View Full Version : Little too close...

Genny
June 30th, 2012, 12:55 AM
DH was mowing today and this deer seems to be getting too friendly or too attached to our apple tree, didn't seem worried about DH or mower at all. I worried about DH mowing down there, the deer stayed till it was full and then left.

Winniesfriend
June 30th, 2012, 12:58 AM
LOL, great photo

auntiemern
June 30th, 2012, 02:32 AM
We have been seeing a deer in our back yard as well. I get so excited when I see her. Apparently yours, loves apples, and realizes that your DH means her no harm. Why would you be worried about your DH? Deer, especially females, are not very likely to attack humans. The only time I would be afraid is if it was fall and it was mating season. Then, would only be wary of bucks. But would love to see a great big buck munching on apples in my yard. :)

kelliedi
June 30th, 2012, 02:39 AM
It might be a buck .... they dont get antlers until it is mating season and re-grow them every year....unless you could see his male parts...

Granny Judy
June 30th, 2012, 07:20 AM
Aww, great snap of the deer & mower. Deer love Apples and won't give ground to anything unless it is attacked by something meaner and bigger. Just enjoy since FALL is the worst time to encounter wild deer.

CrazyMtnLady
June 30th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Great picture. We have does with little fawns and bucks with nice velvety antlers on our trail camera. Once in a while we will get a glimpse of one or two of the deer at the bottom of the drive. We don't have a yard for them to walk in, we live in the woods so it's hard to see any deer through our trees.

MRoy
June 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Deer get accustomed to being around people. There is a state park in our county with a lodge and dining room. The wildlife - deer, raccoons, even skunks - come up to the patio behind the lodge to be fed by the tourists.

madampolo
June 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
When I went out to the office to do some sewing this morning, there were two deer out back. My MIL once saw 13 there. My husband and I left one morning about 7:00 a.m., and within the first 7 miles, we saw 32 deer in several packs of 5 or 6. Your place looks great!

pcbatiks
June 30th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Great picture!

auntiemern
June 30th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Actually they start growing in the summer, and are in velvet for quite a while. After they finish growing, usually in early fall, and get hard, they will rub them on trees to get the velvet off. Am married to long time deer hunter, so I know all kinds of things about deer. Have 4 freakin' mounts of enormous bucks. The last one he had mounted was HUGE.
It might be a buck .... they dont get antlers until it is mating season and re-grow them every year....unless you could see his male parts...

ttucsok
June 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Also Deer are wild animals and should always be heeded with caution. Females are especially prone to attacking in the spring when they have their fawns to protect. A friend of mine was attacked viciously by a deer and it was absolutely awful. So everyone love your deer from a distance because you never know.