PDA

View Full Version : Finally.....

Genny
June 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Well I put in my last graveyard shift last night. I am now jobless! Not sure yet how I feel about it...I think I'm happy about it but right now I'm too tired to really give it any thought. Going right now to nap for a few hours. Hope you all have a great day!

madampolo
June 28th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I know how it feels to be out of a job, whether or not it was voluntary or not. However, you will get used to it quickly!

GrammaBabs
June 28th, 2012, 11:14 AM
for a while i'm sure your body will be very happy to get into a normal sleep and living pattern... just take it slow.. i'm one of those that would rather do without a lot of things, than be under stress of doing hings i don't want to... i'm too old anymore for that... as they say... been thre , done that... now it's MY TURN>>>>

sewbizzy
June 28th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Genny, I agree with Barb...I did the same thing 11 years ago...I hated my job...I told my husband to sell my Jeep...I just wanted to stay home...(we didn't have to sell my Jeep and I have since gotten a new car) and I know it will work out for you---something with better hours that will not be so stressful
life is way too short...will keep you in my prayers!

Jenny Mulhall
June 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Genny, I quit a DREADFUL job a good few years ago and I hated it so much I left before I had 'another in hand'. I went home and I cried to my Mam about it and she told me 'God never closes a door before he opens a window'. It was true! I stumbled into a GREAT job (they paid my way through college!) and met my lovely Hubby there, too. I still miss it.

I just know this will be the beginning of wonderful things for you. Sleep well, my dear! :icon_hug:

CrazyMtnLady
June 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I am sure it will not take any time at all and you will find just what you are looking for. In the mean time... enjoy, relax and sew!!!!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 28th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Enjoy getting out of a situation that was so stressful to you. And I agree to the door closing but the window opening philosophy. It will work out.

auntiemern
June 28th, 2012, 02:28 PM
You may not totally 'get' it yet, but I believe all things happen for a reason. Even the bad things. And believe me, I have been through alot of really bad things. You will be so much happier without all the stress your job was giving you. If it is meant to be, something better will come your way. If not, there is a reason, and in God's plan for you to stay at home. Take a breather, and enjoy some much deserved down time.

Bubby
June 28th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Congratulations, Genny! You will feel human again after you catch up on your rest. Barb

sewmuchjan
June 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Yes Genny like everyone said try to enjoy. I quit my job of 7 1/2 years 12-28-11. No it hasn't been easy but I am glad to be out of a stressful situation and my health was getting worse for it. Now I feel better and if my arthritis is giving me fits I don't have to try and drag myself to work anymore, and that is nice. No the $$$ part is hard but we will get though it together my DH and me.

Take it easy, rest, sew, and let God be your Co-Pilot!
Love, Hugs, and Blessings to you,
Jan G.

Suesquilts
June 28th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Genny, I just had to reply to your thread -- I am still working -- two jobs so I can pay off debts and be able to retire -- but this is not about me. My sis -- one year older -- "retired" a couple of years ago when the company she was working for closed their doors. She has since started doing what she loves full time -- she is an artist and also makes pottery. She is very talented and is so busy now, she wonders how she ever worked. She makes a little money off her business and couldn't be happier. In her blog, she says she had the "great good fortune" to lose her job. Be positive. It will all work out the way it's supposed to. Her blog is escostudio.blogspot.com if you want to check it out.

Ginny B
June 28th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Genny, I hope you slept well and then enjoyed your first day "jobless". I'd say it may have felt more like "stressless". Take it easy and just enjoy it for a while.

Ginny B

Genny
June 29th, 2012, 12:22 AM
I did take a 2 hour nap today and feel a little better even though other then those 2 hours I've been up for 30 hours now. I'm really happy that I can go to bed now instead of going to work. Funny how I can feel tired but not sleepy. Guess I'm going to have to learn how to sleep nights again. Think I'll start right now...good night everyone!