PDA

View Full Version : Update on the Otten family (that's us) and Douwe

Klasien
June 27th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Dear friends!!

Today is kind of bittersweet.......my daughter Roselique turns 18 today, my DH and I have our 28 wedding anniversary today (Yep that was a great present 18 years ago....)
So we are thankful and happy about that!!!!

On the other hand we are waiting and waiting for a donor match phonecall.........
Next friday is a big day, the doctors will take bone marrow again from Douwe to check his blood. If his body made good cells they will start getting on with the transplant, if his body made evil cells again they will start another chemo right away.......

So on one hand we are happy and celabrating, on the other hand we are anxious waiting on news!!!

Thanks for caring and praying for my family!!!

I hope next saterday I can go and see him again, he is bold by now, so that must be kind of a shock to see.......wearing a cap must look cool right..........
My parents are stronger than they were before, I am so proud of them. You guys are pulling them through also!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!

Hugs and love to all!!!!!

I'll post a picture of both my birthday girl and my DH and I..........all smiles......

madampolo
June 27th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Great pictures! I will be thinking of you guys, and wishing you a successful outcome to your medical procedures!

Bubby
June 27th, 2012, 08:21 AM
What wonderful pictures of all of you. Your daughter is gorgeous!! Douwe and all of you are still in my prayers. It's one day at a time, isn't it? Big Hugs...Barb

quiltingtrish
June 27th, 2012, 08:39 AM
What a beautiful family you have there!! Prayers are still coming for Douwe.

Hugs,

CrazyMtnLady
June 27th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter and a big Happy Anniversary to beautiful you and your handsome hubby.

I will continue with my prayers for Douwe and your family.

Loonwatcher
June 27th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Beautiful family. Congrats! Will continue prayers for Douwe and the whole family.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 27th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Happy anniversary to ypu and happy birthday to your daughter. And prayers to your whole family for health for Douwe.

meemeecyn
June 27th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Happy Anniversary to you both! And many birthday wishes for your DD. She is beautiful. Thinking of Douwe always.....
Cynthia

pcbatiks
June 27th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Klasien, Congratulations to you and your DH on your 28th anniversary and Happy B-day to your daughter! Still praying for Douwe and your family!

quilter.martha
June 27th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter and happy anniversary to a lovely couple!!! I continue to pray for Douwe. Take it one day at a time and make the most of each day. God will get you through this.

Granny Judy
June 27th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Awww,what great pics of you and family. Prayers still active from me.. Day by day.

Sandy Navas
June 27th, 2012, 11:03 AM
The prayers do continue. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful celebrations of the day. Great pictures. Give our love to Douwe if you do get to visit on Saturday. And remember, as you well know, that Moms and Dads have more internal strengths than we ever give them credit for. Your parents are your blessing!!

SuzyQue
June 27th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, and more prayers sent. My best friend has an anniversary and child's birthday combined today, also!

Lonna
June 27th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Happy Anniversary to you and your dear husband, Happy Birthday to your lovely Daugher wishing you all many more to come.

Carolyn23
June 27th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Congrats and happy anniversary to you and your hubby! Happy birthday to your daughter! Prayers continue.....

GrammaBabs
June 27th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Happy Anniversary... and Happy Birthday... Prayers and hugs to the entire family... pulling for you all.... take care,, B

Divine Daisy
June 27th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Wow you daughter is lovely! An wow again......isn't she like her Dad! Congratulations to all three of you and fingers crossed for a donor. Seriously............and I mean this.......... if you need some volunteers to be tested for compatability let me know. I am willing....although I doubt if anyone would want my marrow, but my daughter also volunteered, as she did for Mr D and her stuff should be good!

sewmuchjan
June 27th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Lovely family, Happy B-Day and Happy anniversary to you all. Prayers for your whole family.

Love, Hugs, and Blessing to you and yours,
Jan G.

sewbizzy
June 27th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Wonderful pictures...great-looking family...Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your daughter...keeping dh in my prayers!!!

bkthomas
June 27th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Love the pics!!! Happy Anni. Happy B-Day and prayers for all of you!!!

middlesis1966
June 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Happy birthday to your daughter. Happy anniversary to you! Thanks for posting the pics. Its so nice to see the faces that are behind the words on the screen. Prayers going out still for Douwe!

Klasien
June 27th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Happy birthday to your daughter. Happy anniversary to you! Thanks for posting the pics. Its so nice to see the faces that are behind the words on the screen. Prayers going out still for Douwe!

Thanks!!!!
That is why I posted the pictures in the first place, it is so nice to see a face behind the screen-name!

Thanks to all for the nice and sweet comments!!!!!!!

Monique
June 27th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Happy birthday to that beautiful daughter of yours. And happy anniversary to you and your husband. I hope you had a great day.

Keep the faith, Klaisen, that things will go well for Douwe. Continued prayers.

auntiemern
June 27th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Happy Birthday Rosalique and Happy Anniversary Klaisen. You have such a beautiful family. Prayers continuing for Douwe. Hugs for you :)

BellasQuilts
June 27th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Glad to see there are smiles on your faces. Happy birthday and happy anniversary. Still sending you prayers!

janluna
June 28th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Sending lots of prayers. Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Hugs, Jan L.

Cellomom
June 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Celebrate big! Prayers for Douwe still going up! Thanks for keeping us posted.