PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin F

Sandy Navas
June 25th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Why do I have a variety of friends who are all so different? How can I get along with them all? Each one brings out a "different" part of me! With one of them I am polite. I joke with another one. I sit down and talk about serious matters with one. With another I laugh a lot. I may have a cocktail with one. I listen to one friend's problems and they listen to mine. I listen to another one's advice.

My friends are like pieces of a block; When completed, they form a beautiful quilt. A quilt of friends!!!!

They are my friends who understand me, support me through good and bad days. We all pray for each other. Doctors tell us friends are good for our health. Dr. Oz calls them vitamin F (F = friends) and counts the benefits of friends as essential to our well being. Research shows that people in strong social circles have less risk of depression and terminal strokes. If you enjoy Vitamin F constantly you can be up to 30 years younger than your real age. The warmth of friendship stops stress & even in your most intense moments it decreases the chance of a cardiac arrest or stroke by 50%.

I am happy I have a stock of Vitamin F!!!!

In summary, we should value our friends and keep in touch with them. We should try to see the funny side of things and laugh together and pray for each other in tough moments.

Divine Daisy
June 25th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I am with you Sandy! I am thankful for my dose of Vit F!

madampolo
June 25th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Well said, Sandy!

teri lynne
June 25th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Very thoughtful

middlesis1966
June 25th, 2012, 02:23 PM
So true!!!

Bubby
June 25th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I so agree, Sandy. I totally believe that we need girlfriends, because only a woman can truly understand another woman and all of our intricacies. I'm very thankful for my friendships, the long-term ones and the newbies. I also love having young people as friends for their fresh outlook on life! :)

SuzyQue
June 25th, 2012, 03:08 PM
What a great way to put this, Sandy! I feel I have made many friends on here, too. We all need more Vitamin F!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 25th, 2012, 03:36 PM
This is a wonderful way to describe friendship! Thanks for sharing this with your forum friends!

auntiemern
June 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
This is the greatest place n the world to get a daily dose of vitamin F. Look forward to my daily dose, every day. I must say however that I generally get more than one dose a day. At least that is one thing you can't overdose on, lol

quilter.martha
June 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
30 years younger? Wow, I haven't even gotten married yet then! (Today is our 29th anniversary).

I am very thankful for Vitamin F. But remember, its one of those vitamins that you body does not store--you need a good healthy dose of it every single day!

Winniesfriend
June 25th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Love the description of friends forming a beautiful quilt so apt.

Genny
June 25th, 2012, 07:31 PM
:D I agree 100%...

pcbatiks
June 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Amen, for Vitamin F. And Congratulations Martha on you anniversary!

bkthomas
June 25th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Awesome Sandy! Thank You!

janluna
June 25th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I agree too!!!! Sandy, you have such a way with words. God Bless You.
Martha, congratulations on 29 years!!

sewmuchjan
June 26th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Count me in on that...Thank you all for being my friends..I am really thankful for this forum..otherwise now that I am not working anymore. I don't see people like I did, and that has been the biggest adjustment for me. Cus I live in the boonies and there aren't any women folks close to me out here, I am grateful for this forum. You all have helped me and inspired me and comforted me in the good & bad times. I have been in a "grey funk" for a while with everything that is going on in my life right now, and for a bit I didn't come here to talk or vent or cry or drool over quilts and fab fabric's because I didn't want to bring you all down or just have a "pitty Party" as we use to call it. So I stayed away....MY MISTAKE!!! I was wrong!!! I love you all and thank you for everything..

Thank you Sandy....

Love, Hugs, and Blessing your friend,
Jan G.

sewbizzy
June 26th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Sandy, I also agree with you...I have quite a few close friends (some from grade school days---a long, long time ago...lol)...I cherish every one of them...
I am so glad that I have found the friendships on this forum...I cannot express myself like you do, but agree wholeheartedly with you...that is also what I so admire about everyone on this forum...the quilt analogy is perfect!! Thanks for the Vitamin F!!!!

lilmouse
June 27th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Can the forum be my Vitamin F?

GrammaBabs
June 27th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Such a great letter Sandy... and such a wonderful description of this place called M*Quilt Forum... Bless all here and thank you for what you each bring here everyday... You make me smile, when sometimes i don't feel like it.. and urge me on to create... which is such a positive thing for me in my life...
Let's have a toast.. to Vitamin F!!!!!

bkthomas
June 27th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Well Jan G we hope you have learned your lesson! We are here for you, always - you need not spill your guts but we may be able to cheer you up - there's always something going on here!

lilmouse, yep, that's what it's all about! hehe I'm so glad to know you all and call you Friend!

sewmuchjan
June 27th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Thank you Kathy I have learned my lesson. :0
Happiness is M* and all of you!!!! :)

Love
Jan G.

CrazyMtnLady
June 27th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Great thread Sandy. I agree with you 100%. Friends are so important. I was not able to be on the computer much yesterday and boy was I having withdrawals. I really needed some vitamin F.