PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning

Blondie
June 25th, 2012, 06:50 AM

Happy Monday Morning folksies

Still getting used to our "new" old format again. I really do prefer this one but whatever works best for the MSQC biz if fine with me.

How was everyone's Sunday? Mine was simply fab. Grilled out again and may do that again this afternoon. Everything tastes better when it's grilled and the atmosphere turns festive for Sis and I. We pulled out an old quilty, spread it on the ground in the shade of an oak, got some mosquito coils burning, cracked out a deck of cards and we had a blast all afternoon. Rain showers held off until last night. Just like in Camelot, as in "it never rains til after sunset". That's one of my oldie goldie fav's, BTW. I used to know every word of dialogue by heart. Wore the LP out.

I am going to be in the yard in just a few minutes as the sun is rising a bit. Then I am in for the day. Check in later, kiddos

Blessings, prayers and SMILES to each here

MRoy
June 25th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Good morning! Yesterday, DH and I went to check on a friend's son who was seriously injured in an accident Friday night when his girlfriend's car was hit head-on by a drunk driver. They were both flown out to the Univ of KY medical center in Lexington. Yesterday, both were improving but they have more surgeries ahead to repair broken bones. I don't know the status of the drunk driver.

It's back to work today. I'd prefer to hide with Blondie's kitty!

ginampls
June 25th, 2012, 08:37 AM
oh golly, so sorry about your hubs friends. speedy healings for them.didn't sleep too good.DD crawled in with me and she had rough night. so i was up for most of it. so i have been up since 530 am...

have appt for the car. at 10 am.. should be good. and free. but we will have to see. my breaks aare squeaaking... bad. took it in 2 weeks ago for same problem.. so mostlikely it will be for free. since i already paid them to fix it the first time.

Lonna
June 25th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Yesterday was a day of rest and naps around here. I did work on a quilt for part of the day otherwise quite here. This morning we have to go to Baton Rouge DH has to have a new 4D Scan done. Depending on what the Dr's see on this scan it will be ok we can do 8-10 intense radaition or sorry there is nothing more we can do go home. Right now I am just seeing to many con's instead of pro's for them to do more radaition. Either way come what may the Dr's say his lung will collaspe. They can not do surgery to remove the lung as it is too close to his windpipe and heart. So please keep him in your prayers this morning.

Off to grap a quick bit of breakfast and then to get dress and on the road to B.R. Have a great day Ladies.

Bubby
June 25th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Good Monday Morning

I've been outside watering the garden and pulling weeds. How is it that weeds grow even with no water? They sure do have a hardy constitution.

I have several things to catch up on this morning plus a trip to Houston and also to our booth at the antique mall. I'm finding that the booth thing really isn't something I enjoy. We have sold several items, mostly large furniture items. At the end of next month we will be pulling out.

Miss Molly is in a mood today and has gone back to bed with her head to the wall and her rear to the room. She's upset about something in her world. I'll figure it out sooner or later!

Our weekend was busy - we worked at the apartments all day Saturday and tried to rest yesterday. DH put two more drawesr in my sewing cabinets for me and so far they are sitting there empty. That will change in no time. I hope to get some sewing done tomorrow. Today is just too busy for me to sit down.

I hope everyone had a good weekend....I'll check back in later.....Hugs :)

CrazyMtnLady
June 25th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Good Morning all, I feel like Blondie's cat. I want to crawl back under the covers and stay there.
I worked on my Texas wall-hanging yesterday, I got it sandwiched and got my FMQing done in the center blue square around the state applique. The backing is the same blue starred fabric as in the center square and I used blue thread to FMQ it. The rest is white squares and I was going to use white thread on top and blue in the bobbin. I started an area and didn't like it at all. The blue showed up to much on the white. Do any of you use 2 different colors? How do you get the bobbin color not to show? My seam ripper and I were sure stuck together for a while taking out stitches last night! Will finish today with all white. So hopefully my FMQing is good enough that it doesn't look too bad on the backside.

Since I spent most of my day yesterday at my sewing machine, With a Big Smile on my face:D Today I have to take time out and finish my laundry and I have some major cleaning to do. The ceiling fan needs cleaned something awful. It is in the kitchen and as accumulated a lot of greasy dust bunnies. I get vertigo really bad and usually only do it once a year. I think it has been a bit longer than that. But the ladder has to come out today and it has to be cleaned! Can't take it any longer. Who knows maybe once I get started DH might decide to join in the fun.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs and prayers.

Monique
June 25th, 2012, 09:26 AM
Good morning everyone. It is so much cooler today. Rain showers are in the forecast. I did some cleaning yesterday and laundry. Got my fabric cut up for the block swap. Neighbour asked if I wanted to go grocery shopping today and I declined. I just want to stay home. I have a friend who will pop in sometime to use my internet connection. Today is a holiday in Quebec but I don't celebrate this holiday. Next week is Canada Day and that is a big celebration.

Son and hubby are starting their trip homewards today. I am not sure when they will actually arrive here, sometime next week I suspect. I will be heading back to Kingston on Friday because Philip graduates. I am taking my MIL and will pick up Jodi and the girls along the way. Too bad hubby and brother can't make it. I am so proud of him, can you tell?

That's what my today looks like. I hope you all have a great TODAY!!

GrammaBabs
June 25th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hoping for a day of sewing room maintenance... if my back and hip will cooperate... rainy type day, so no pool...
Prayers and hugs for all... I get tired just reading what you all do...LOL
Tonight is out to supper with friends... then they are having cake and ice cream for B-day celebration...
I think i'm having a bad time with this one... just not myself....oh well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,hugs B

Sandy Navas
June 25th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Just chiming in for a second - I was just like Blondie's kitten and then had a rude (VERY RUDE) awakening. Al has decided it is cool enough to mow (and everyone around knows we NEED to) so he was putting on his outside shoes and he really shakes up the whole house when he does that - well, actually just the bed, I suppose, 'cuz that's where I was/were/wish I was. So I'm up and after I finish my cuppa I'm off to help. So much for getting some clean underwear today!!

Hugs and love! Bless those in need, Dear Lord!

sewbizzy
June 25th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Good Morning Everyone! No hiding for me today...we have our monthly luncheon with several of the ladies that I worked with---I retired 11 years ago, and we have met every month since then...
I worked a little on a quilt that I am going to use as a tablecover yesterday...hand-stitched the binding a little last night...I hope to finish it within the next day or two...will post a picture then...not as hot here, but humidity is still high..
Myrna, sending prayers for the couple in the accident...
hope everyone has a good day!!!

middlesis1966
June 25th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Happy Monday all, ugh! I too want to be that kitty. My weekend was super busy. Had alot of stuff going on, whew. I just need a day to chill and be. I don't see that happening this week. I'm just so happy that I can finally get back to my crazier then crazy life.
I loved learning the 4 patch posy this weekend. Alot of prep, but in the end it is so worth it. I didn't do a good job at fabric selection, but thats cool. I now know what to look for and the next time the end result will be alot better. Live and learn is what I can do.
Have a fun filled day all!!!

auntiemern
June 25th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Good day all. Did manage to get most of a top done yesterday, between my bouts of resting. Just need to add the borders and then get it quilted. DH is back from his fishing tourney (they won and had big bass, 7.57 lbs, woo hoo). So he will make darn sure I get plenty of rest and not over do. Myrna, will be praying for your friends. Barb, so sorry the booth thing isn't what you thought it would be. Well need to try to get something done while DH is going to 'let' me. What can I say, he worries to death about my health issues, much more than I do. Prayers for all who need them. Have a blessed and fabric filled day.

quilter.martha
June 25th, 2012, 04:25 PM
Good afternoon! I'm slow in getting on the forum today. Grocery shopping, budget work and then sewing! I'm working on some placemats for a young couple getting married in less than 2 weeks. I'm kind of making them up as I go and they are turning out real cute. I have 2 all quilted now and a third sitting under the needle. But it was time for a back break.

Today is our 29th wedding anniversary! Hard to believe as it feels like just yesterday I walked down that aisle.

Lonna, I'm praying for your husband. Please keep us up to date with his prognosis. Hang in there and keep the faith. We're pulling for you.

Granny Judy
June 25th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Prayer heading your way Lonna.. I know the process you are going thru. Be strong and let us know how you & hubby are doing.

I'm a late afternoon person today. Ate something that didn't agree with me.. And since the surgery last year, I CANNOT throw up. Impossible. It would have made my day so much easier If I could have just expelled the bad and got on with my day. It was so productive up to That point. Resting and improving greatly today...just can't get to far away from the Bathroom.

I did a little knitting and cut out another boxcar block so I could finish up my train quilt. It will be a lap/twin size. Join the group- Ride the Rails, and get the files to make your own if ya want to do a "train" theme. Good project for those Tween and up BOYS. I'm hoping my youngest GS, 12, will like it. He has a b/d this october.....13 a Teen!

Ginny B
June 25th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Sure loved being able to check in with the forum early in the day last week while I was on vacation. Missed it this morning. And boy what a morning it was. Torrential rain, thunder and lightening and flooded streets on the way to work. My direct supervisor/co-worker texted me this morning to let me know that she wasn't coming in and our boss was off today too so it was a good day to go back to work and catch up. She had to text me because it seemed that the phones in the office were down. And sure enough, got into work and no phones. Yay!! Nice and quiet. Then they came to fix the phones around 10 and in the process of doing that, did something to the server so we couldn't do much on the computer. Finally got all that straightened up and the weather cleared up and the sun came out and it looked so nice outside --- until around 4:45 when the dark clouds reappeared and I got to drive home in the same weather we had this morning. sigh It has stopped now.

I heard from my eldest son (he had an endoscopy and colonoscopy on Friday) and he said he is feeling good. He was just tired on Friday but other than that, he had a good weekend. Now it's just waiting for the biopsy results. Two weeks to wait. He says he is actually feeling a lot better lately but knows whatever it is will flare up again so he went ahead with the tests. I think he is really, really watching what he eats now since so many things affect him badly so that's why things have improved. Still need to find out what the problem is and try to get some weight back on him.

I got to play a while in my sewing room yesterday. I made a tea caddy for a co-worker who had seen mine and said she'd love to have one. I also worked on the placemats I'm making for us and made myself a new mug rug for my desk at work (red, white and blue). I took pictures and will post them as soon as I get them uploaded here.

Hope everyone had a good Monday.

Ginny B