PDA

View Full Version : OH dear!

Divine Daisy
June 24th, 2012, 01:32 PM
It is with great sadness and deep regret that I have to announce the untimely demise of my Nokia 3310 brick. It isn't resting, it isn't stunned, it is not pinin' for the fjords. I put four million volts through it and it would not 'voom'! Its passed on, it has ceased to be, its expired and gone to meet its maker, bereft of life, it rests in pieces. Its telephonic processes are now his...tory, its off the hook, its kicked the bucket, its shuffled off its inanimate coil, run down the phone mast and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! This is an ex-phone!! Mr.Praline offered me a replacement slug which I accepted reluctantly, for the sake of continued mobile communication. This new phone is an insipid pale pretender to the glorious Nokia for which I mourn. It has a colour screen and a camera! It holds more than 8 texts and does not sound like a space invader game! It is bollox!!! I miss my Nokia and there will never be another quite the same!!!

Jenny Mulhall
June 24th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Jesus Daisy! You put the heart crossways in me! RIP, Nokia. I wasn't sure those things COULD die! :D

HandsOffItsMine
June 24th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Girl, you shouldn't scare the holy crap out of me for a fricking phone! THIT! lol

I feel for you I do 'cause as a techie I do get attached to a piece of good equipment. But with all the stuff going on in your life DO NOT scare us like that again!!

Now go to the appropriate Recycling Facility and give it its appropriate farewell burial...

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Thou Great Pretender - Thou haste scaredest us to deathest.

I'm with you - my old Nokia gave up the ghost but I was able to replace it with one very similar. I am not about to go into the realms of the fancy-dancy crappola they have on the market now. Al has an Android and it drives me straight up the wall because he spends so much time on it. Hate the thing.

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2012, 02:03 PM

This is my phone, Daisy. Sure hope you found one just like it.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Now, now, girls! Let's not knock those wonderful "made in China" Apple products, they can be very useful at times! On my second iPhone, could have still been on the first, but I was scared not to buy my second one for $49, afraid they'd do away with it and then I'd been in the high priced neighborhood. Love the thing to death. How else can I get MSQC forum at work when I'm supposed to be doing real work?

Daisy, whatever you get, just move on, my dear, knowing that you have described the death of the beloved Nokia in terms no other human being could have ever done, not even the bard himself!

CrazyMtnLady
June 24th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Daisy you are a hoot! Sorry for the passing of your phone. May it rest in peace!:(

auntiemern
June 24th, 2012, 02:31 PM
May your Nokia RIP. However DO NOT scare us like that again. My heart jumped out of my chest, after reading the beginning of your post. Bad Daisy. I do however have to agree with Sandy on the phone thing. I am perfectly happy with my do nothing phone. My DD drives me to distraction with that thing she has. I just need one for actually calling and receiving calls. I cannot stand texting. If you have something important to tell me, call. No desire to be able to do all that other stuff with it. That is why I have 2 laptops. One to grab and go, ya just never know when I am going to have to rush to hosp or how long I will be there. That, and a 'ready' bag, that has 3 changes of clothes and all the other neccessities. To many times, have had to had others bring me stuff if it was going to be an extended stay with my little man. So now am always prepared.

NanaB
June 24th, 2012, 02:32 PM
In the words of my southern friend--"You skeert me"!!!!

Monique
June 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM
:( I had tears before I read the whole story. Scared the bejesus out of me. Rest in peace NOKIA. Daisy loved you the best and will never love another like you.

bec
June 24th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Please!!!!!...don't ever start a post like that again! I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach when I started reading it. Glad it was just your phone. I'm sure you will learn to love your new phone, too. :)

madampolo
June 24th, 2012, 03:03 PM
I am afraid I have never heard of the Nokia 3310 phone, which may be more popular in Europe than the USA. I had a miserable Blackberry Storm phone once. It was the only phone that would work in the rural area where we live, and I had to sign a two year contract. When my two years of misery were up, Verizon came out with their IPhone. I had to go get one right away, to keep up with what everyone else had! Well, we walked in the store to buy the IPhone, and the saleslady showed us a Motoral Xoom tablet. It has better technology than the IPad, so I bought it as well as the IPhone. I was blown away with the tablet. I could get the internet anywhere in the USA I went! The screen is somewhere between 9 and 10 inches, compared to the tiny screen on the IPhone. It doesn't, however, make phone calls. So, I take both with us when we go somewhere. If I forget the tablet, the phone is always in my purse as an internet and navigation back up.

BellasQuilts
June 24th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Allison, I think you scared the stuffing out of everyone here! However, I know you will give it a good and final resting place. Hahaha! Take care, love, and glad to see you are doing well. Hugs.

K. McEuen
June 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Somehow it seems that everyone missed the word "brick." Exactly how old was this phone? I remember the old Motorola bricks...they were indestructible and weighed about 5 pounds.

Jenny Mulhall
June 24th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Girl, you shouldn't scare the holy crap out of me for a fricking phone! THIT! lol

THIT? Someone's going to have to explain that one to the dim Irish girl... :icon_pcnoob:

Jean Sewing Machine
June 24th, 2012, 03:59 PM
THIT? Someone's going to have to explain that one to the dim Irish girl... :icon_pcnoob:Me too, I'm only half Irish, but I have no idea what that means!

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2012, 04:37 PM
I do believe that was Tweety Bird saying THIT . . . think about it.

HandsOffItsMine
June 24th, 2012, 04:40 PM
THIT? Someone's going to have to explain that one to the dim Irish girl... :icon_pcnoob:

omg...typo...replace first letter with a big capital S LOL

K. McEuen
June 24th, 2012, 04:42 PM
THIT = saying SH!T whilst biting your tongue. :icon_giggle:

HandsOffItsMine
June 24th, 2012, 04:45 PM
THIT = saying SH!T whilst biting your tongue. :icon_giggle:

Or while drunk, but I can't drink. :D

Jenny Mulhall
June 24th, 2012, 05:48 PM
ROFL!! Oh, I get it now! I have a wee lisp so I'm especially mortified that it passed me by. :icon_doh:

Half Irish Jean? The 'good' half, natch! :icon_woot:

bkthomas
June 24th, 2012, 06:09 PM
It is with great sadness and deep regret that I have to announce the untimely demise of my Nokia 3310 brick. It isn't resting, it isn't stunned, it is not pinin' for the fjords. I put four million volts through it and it would not 'voom'! Its passed on, it has ceased to be, its expired and gone to meet its maker, bereft of life, it rests in pieces. Its telephonic processes are now his...tory, its off the hook, its kicked the bucket, its shuffled off its inanimate coil, run down the phone mast and joined the bleedin' choir invisible! This is an ex-phone!! Mr.Praline offered me a replacement slug which I accepted reluctantly, for the sake of continued mobile communication. This new phone is an insipid pale pretender to the glorious Nokia for which I mourn. It has a colour screen and a camera! It holds more than 8 texts and does not sound like a space invader game! It is bollox!!! I miss my Nokia and there will never be another quite the same!!!

Says the Lady who would faint at cutting Shakespear (sp?) in half!!!

auntiemern
June 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Think of it as the first letter being replaced by an S, lol
Me too, I'm only half Irish, but I have no idea what that means!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 24th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Think of it as the first letter being replaced by an S, lol Oh well, at least I'm not alone in my niavete!

HandsOffItsMine
June 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
What cracks me up is that Jenny looks like a nice sweet gal, so I can get that she might not get "THIT"!

But Jean? No way can you pass as a nice, sweet thing! :o ROFLOL You and Sandy would be the ones in the back of the class starting stuff. lol Now that is too, too funny!

stitching woman
June 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM
Well you got my heart started! Rest in peace Nokia.

Winniesfriend
June 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I do recall having a Nokia 3300 brick back in the olden days, I think I gave mine to my husband and he killed it, he is very good at killing phones ......... love my nice iphone now, nice and light and has almost every thing a girl could need.

MRoy
June 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
After getting the thit scared out of me, I got a good belly laugh thanks to this group. :icon_rofl: Allison, I liked my Nokia phone much better than the one I have now. I can text on this one, but only because free unlimited texting was part of our new contract. I still don't have an iPhone mainly because I'm too cheap to pay for the data plan.

Musical_Starling
June 24th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Well now that I've been reminded of what my heart tastes like (Bad Mrs. Daisy! Bad!) lol While you can't get "brick" phones anymore (or for the past probably five years lol) you can get flip phones! Now I know the UK is a little different, but not that much different. If you can actually find a flip phone, it will be almost as simple as the old bricks (or sticks, whichever). I always have to keep my eye out for flip phones for my father-in-law, he came home with an iPhone once after a Bell salesman got his mitts on him and after two days of trying to use it he threatened to run it over with his F-150! lol

phoots
June 25th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Ok! I now know what "THIT" is!! But what is a "brick?" I know what bricks are when referring to building a chimney. But as for phones, what is a "brick??"

Pam in Vegas

K. McEuen
June 25th, 2012, 01:44 AM

so called because of the shape and how much it weighed.

ILove2quilt
June 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. May your new phone be a comfort to you.

Divine Daisy
June 25th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Hangs head in shame. Ladies I am so sorry I put the wind up you! My 'rant' re my phone was ala Monty Python the Dead Parrot sketch!

I forget that maybe not all are as familiar with MP as people in the UK of a certain age

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjOSLCR2hE

If you don't know the sketch, stay with it for a while.. Please note the pinning for the Fjords comment.

Sandy Navas
June 25th, 2012, 01:59 PM
I absolutely LOVE MP but unfortunately haven't watched enough to memorize the various skits. Thanks for blowing the wind up my bloomers!!

csarina
June 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
OMG you do know how to pull our strings don't you. RIP your phone, by the way you owe my OH for atrificial respiration.......I amost had a heart attack when I read the beginning of your post, you naughty girl, I may never be the same again.........you nearly had to buy my 12000 as well..........

K. McEuen
June 25th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Thanks for blowing the wind up my bloomers!!

The most action Sandy has gotten in a while ....

Divine Daisy
June 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM

lol Karen!

Sandy Navas
June 25th, 2012, 11:06 PM

You honestly have no idea how true that is . . .

omaricollins167
June 30th, 2012, 08:12 AM

This is my phone, Daisy. Sure hope you found one just like it.

Where did you buy this phone. It is strange. Wow