PDA

View Full Version : Is it Sunday already?

Monique
June 24th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Good morning everyone. I have been up with the birds this morning. I went to bed fairly early last night. I was exhausted. Yesterday was a long day. Got stuck on the 401 for an hour because of an accident. Had to take a detour and then another detour because I was driving someone to the city.

After being away for 5 days, the first thing I did was open the windows. Then I realized that I had a mouse in trap and he had been there for at least 5 days. YUK!!!! I put on my big girl pants and emptied it. I HATE MICE!!

Up and at 'em early. Have already had a shower and put laundry to wash, and all before my coffee.

I have been sitting here wondering what I will do today and I am tired already. I think a nice relaxing day is in order. Perhaps a sewing day.

It sure is nice to be home.

Have a great day y'all.

RFREE
June 24th, 2012, 07:45 AM
Good morning Monique and welcome home.I am no a traveler so I like to stay home. If I do go somewhere I find myself wanting to get back to the house.Homebody I guess you could say. Not much planned for me today.I have gotten myself a big fat summer cold with a massive sore throat no doubt.Yuck I can't stop coughing and got up early so I wouldn't wake up my DH and DD.The sun is peeking up.Looks like a Kodak moment!Just beautiful! Yall have a wonderful Sunday and KEEP ON SEWING!
Hugs
Rhonda

buckeyequilter
June 24th, 2012, 07:59 AM
Good morning.....

I got up early this morning too....not much going on today. I think it will be laundry and sewing. I have a few things going that I want to get finished up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday....prayers and hugs to all

Blondie
June 24th, 2012, 08:33 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/PrettyAprons.jpg

Happy Day Folksies!

I see some real early birds this Sunday. I slept in. Yay. I was up later last night than I usually am so - woke up to hubs hammering on something. Doesn't he know it's my day to REST? He's still outside so I will join him with a cuppa in a few minutes.

Glad you are home Monique. Sorry for the stinky mouse. We found one last week and yuck, it was there long enough to smell. I don't hate mice. I know they carry all sorts of horrible things and they get in my cupboards and eat and THEN don't clean up behind themselves. Not the kind of guest I invite.

Shirley, go play with the fabric you got yesterday. Didn't I read where you had hubby stop at a LQS for you? Way to go.

Rhonda, sorry about the summer cold. I thought I had one going on but it wound up being allergy related. Thank goodness. Summer colds are miserable. You know the drill, lotsa fluid, vit C and rest. Hugs dear one. Hope you feel better like NOW.

Off to find some more coffee, that hammering man of mine and then officially start the day.

Blessings, prayers, hugs and SMILES to everyone.

Ginny B
June 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Good Morning and Happy Sunday. Welcome home Monique. I'm sure your sewing machine missed you so I hope you get to spend some quality time with her.
Rhonda, hope you get to feeling better soon. Happy sewing Shirley. I did a bunch of laundry yesterday and had one more load left to do so I put that in the washer a little while ago so that will be finished soon. I'm about to go make myself my tea (had to wait an hour after I took my thyroid pill) and then we will see how dh is feeling when he wakes up. He's got a bit of a cold too. We talked about going down to the beach and either sitting there and relaxing for a while or maybe taking a walk on the boardwalk but I'll see how he is feeling. Tomorrow is back to work for both of us. sigh Sure have enjoyed this week of vacation although I didn't get much sewing done. Just some handwork that I could take with me while we were driving about or sitting outside at night after dinner. So this afternoon my plan is to spend some time sewing.

Blondie, did you ever find out what dh was hammering on? Have a great day all.

Ginny B

bkthomas
June 24th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Good Sunday Morning! I have been up all night and really should go to bed - we shall see - It doesn't look like we will be moving quite yet so when I got bored with playing on the computer I went into the sewing room and was looking at the fabric I bought for no good reason but that it was so cute and I had to have it! I have promised it to Marilyn for her hospital quilts - it is browns and greens, frogs, grasshoppers, turtles etc....kind of itching to get started on it. Will post pics at some point along with a better pic of the fabric for Kayla's quilt - it bugs me that the colors don't show very well and I have tried taking better pics. Happy Sunday Everyone, God Bless

DCM
June 24th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Happy Sunday everyone! Grocery shopping is in order early this morning before it gets hot (possibly 100 today - ugh - can't wait until winter!). This afternoon is the Garden Party Challenge that my LQS had registration for in February. Not too many of us actually finished our quilts but we're going to share what we have finished so far. I will have the binding finished on my co-worker's quilt so I can give it to him tomorrow. Have a great day!!

buckeyequilter
June 24th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Shirley, go play with the fabric you got yesterday. Didn't I read where you had hubby stop at a LQS for you? Way to go.

I think that was someone else :) I did the driving yesterday so I stopped at a sporting goods store for him - he bought some re-loading stuff for his ammo. It's nice that we both have hobbies and we tell each other about them....I'm pretty sure neither of us, generally, has a clue what the other is talking about, we just smile and nod and once in a while make a comment. He's been talking about me getting a quilting frame....and yesterday he went upstairs at the shop and came back down and told me they had some up there...so I went up to have a look (it's an Amish shop) and they were for hand quilting....but he tried :)

Bubby
June 24th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good Morning!

DH and I just ate a batch of cinnamon rolls. The temperature is supposed to top 100 today, so lots of indoor time is in order. DH is doing a remarable job of wiping out his HoneyDo list!

Monique, glad you are back home. Ah the aroma of a dead mouse....one of the worst smells in the world. Light a nice candle and that will help with the smell. We don't have much of a problem with mice around here, but it's probably because the snakes eat them....I don't know which is worse!!

I would love to do some sewing today. I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday....Hugs, Barb

Lonna
June 24th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

My one morning to sleep in and two wonderful little dogs came to wake me up early. So have been a bit busy in the kitchen this morning. Cleaning counters and now have a blueberry cobbler in the oven. Got to get it done before it gets any hotter. Hate to use the oven when it is this hot. As soon as the cobbler is done I will work on sandwiching my quilt. This one is a twin so I should not have the problems I did with DH full size quilt. The hard headed person that I am I never start out with something small. It seems as if it is all or nothing for me. I did make two of the Charm Bags that I found instructions for here yesterday.

Hope everyone has a restful day. Well time to go and check that cobbler have a great one my friends.

Granny Judy
June 24th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi, everyone.. Got a good rain shower happening here. Nice way to cool down. Just gonna relax and do as little as possible. Got all the shopping done yesterday, even found a decent bargain in jelly rolls, charm packs & fat quarters.... Big LOTs. Just stopped in to get some Yarn (they have it for $1.00 a skein) When I spied some bright colored fabric!! It's the half of's, but oh, so cheap.

$6.00 @ for jelly rolls and $3.00 @ for the others

Sandy Navas
June 24th, 2012, 12:06 PM
GOOD MORNING, All my wonderful Quilty Friends!!!

Headed to the kitchen to make a salad. Luncheon at Mom's nursing home this afternoon. I had almost forgotten about it and had planned a day of laundry . . . and then woke up with Mom on my mind. The laundry can go another day and Al can just turn his undies inside out or go without . . .

Got a lot done in the sewing room yesterday before I got a call for help from one of the granddaughters who really wanted a ride and a short shopping trip with Nana. Let's see. I trimmed the quilt I quilted on Thursday and have it ready for the binding. Worked on some more blocks for Douwe's quilt. Made a throw-pillow cover for Miss Amanda from a skirt that she made when she was in 4-H. I don't think she had ever worn it. Spent a lot of time making my first Prairie Points which I had been wanting to try. They were sure fun. Also started making a coin purse for one of the DGDs out of the bottom of some plastic soda bottles. Of course, I never have my camera with me. I need to staple it to my chest or something.

I did post pictures of the Owl purse I made. Seems that one of Amanda's sisters has hi-jacked it and won't give it back. So Amanda is begging for another one. The kicker? Sierra has been taking it to swim practice with her and has about a dozen girls wanting one in the team colors. I told her no less than $30 apiece (took me all afternoon on the first one - and they are about 8x12 inches in size). I think that's fair. At least it will cover most of the supplies but not my time. I'll see if she comes back with any firm orders.

Okay, off to make my salad - and maybe a raspberry pie - and then I'll try to get cleaned up and presentable for the luncheon.

Sure is good to have Al back home. He always second-guesses himself after an exam of sorts, and came back from Jefferson City not thinking he's passed his exam. And then he explains a couple things and I know his paranoia is just getting the best of him. I'm certain he made it!!

The usual special prayers to my ever-growing list and hugs all around. Glad to have had this chance to drink a cuppa with everyone.

quilter.martha
June 24th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Good morning to you all! It is a glorious sunny cooler day here today. We had a good thunder storm yesterday evening that dropped the temps down and it feels oh sooo good this morning. I'm in the middle of baking chocolate chip cookies to take to a going away party for some friends who are moving.

Yesterday my DH and I took our bikes to the west side of the state to go for a bike ride. It was a beautiful trail, but the path was pretty sandy in spots and I had to walk my bike--just couldn't keep myself from skidding around. I was pretty tired, but not tired enough to visit a quilt shop there! I came home with about 9-1/2 yard pieces of fabrics to start a collection for a new quilt for my DD. Their prices were really good.

Well, back to those cookies. Oh they smell good! Happy Sunday all!

sewbizzy
June 24th, 2012, 12:18 PM
It seems like a lot of us have laundry and sewing on the agenda for today...we had a busy weekend with the dance recital Friday night...two gds stayed over and then a graduation party yesterday...I kind of feel like a truck ran over me...allergies are getting the best of me...as always I love to hear what everyone is doing... hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!!!

MRoy
June 24th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Good morning! I've been busy this morning working on the spare bedroom to get ready for the grandkids' visit next month. I lugged the "not been used in 2 years" treadmill out on the porch to be taken to our farm-worker house and re-arranged everything but the bed. Now I have a sore back and a head full of dust, but I think I'll survive.

I hope everyone with plans today has a wonderful time and those who want to relax get to do just that!

GrammaBabs
June 24th, 2012, 12:35 PM
So i'm pretty much comin' up on "good afternoon"... MY MO lately... just haven't got much of a mojo lately.... we do "breakfast" on Sunday... i'll pack up for the pool (have it to myself today, there's ome "bridal over the ages" thingy... me and large groups of women just don't mix well... and i'm just not built to smile for nothing....LOL
Sure hop they don't take all the parking ..... wish i had some energy... but the pool is so good for my joints and mood.... enjoy peeps...
Sandy, give Mom a hug from me.... to all feeling under the weather... get well soon,,, and to all a peaceful happy, blessed day!!!! hugs B

auntiemern
June 24th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Good Sunday to everyone. Glad you are finally home Monique, even if you had an unexpected guess. Rhonda, chicken noodle soup with lots of pepper. Kathy, GO TO BED. I am going to try to get something, anything done today. Guess where I will see which fabric pulls at me the most. Have a blessed and fabric filled day all.

quiltingtrish
June 24th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Happy Sunday everyone~~
A gloriously sunny day here - working in the garden and yard at dad's today.
It will be a busy week. Katie is going to help me with my photo project. I hope to have it done by Friday. Need to take her to the doctors tomorrow for a sore throat/ears. July will keep me busy working on BOM project. I really need to get caught up on that. Plus, I signed up for a Dance With Your Sewing Machine class at the Hershey Quilt Show at the end of July. It's all about machine quilting and things I haven't tried before. It should be fun.

Well, the outside work isn't getting done with me sitting here so off I go.
I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Hugs,

bkthomas
June 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Good Sunday to everyone. Glad you are finally home Monique, even if you had an unexpected guess. Rhonda, chicken noodle soup with lots of pepper. Kathy, GO TO BED. I am going to try to get something, anything done today. Guess where I will see which fabric pulls at me the most. Have a blessed and fabric filled day all.

Thanks Marilyn! I did get some sleep and got up about 1:30 - I see everyone is having a pretty good start to their day, That makes me smile - Love You All!!!