PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tried this?

RFREE
June 24th, 2012, 12:08 AM
http://www.ludlowquiltandsew.co.uk/Quilt_As_You_Go_Machined.htmlanybody I was wondering has ever tried this.I have never tried free motion quilting and thought this looked easy enough.Any advice?

RFREE
June 24th, 2012, 12:09 AM
well poo it won't come up. I found it on youtube. It is a quilt as you go video.Looks interesting.

Blondie
June 24th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Rhonda, I have watched her videos mostly because I love her voice and accent. I have to have my speakers up loud as she is a low talker but what a soothing and comforting voice. I would believe every word that came out of her mouth. so, if she says you can, YOU CAN.

Is this the one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QPF8U0-yZY&list=UUUxTqY4hu66GdzoE2Wli4kA&index=9&feature=plcp

One thing I do agree with her (and Leah Day) is keeping the feed dog up and just adjust the stitch lengths to 0. I only FMQ on scraps at the moment and nugly pot holders.
nite nite

Granny Judy
June 24th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Yup, I do FMQ alot And on my home machine.. Little ol' Singer. And I 've gotten better with practise. My manual (no computer stuff on it)machine is the work horse when It comes to the quilting part. I set my tension hi, feed dogs down and try to keep my speed fairly fast. Not race car fast.. just steady freeway speed. TAking frequent breaks to rest my arms and shoulders, I can quilt a twin size in 3 days.. just working about 4 hours each day. I never rush it, tho. It is what it is.. a week or even two has been known to go by with my larger quilts.

Alana
June 24th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Yup, I do FMQ alot And on my home machine.. Little ol' Singer. And I 've gotten better with practise. My manual (no computer stuff on it)machine is the work horse when It comes to the quilting part. I set my tension hi, feed dogs down and try to keep my speed fairly fast. Not race car fast.. just steady freeway speed. TAking frequent breaks to rest my arms and shoulders, I can quilt a twin size in 3 days.. just working about 4 hours each day. I never rush it, tho. It is what it is.. a week or even two has been known to go by with my larger quilts.

Me too....like she said....:D