PDA

View Full Version : GOT MY NEW MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
June 23rd, 2012, 09:56 AM
Woohoo, I am sewing and quilting again!

Went to town yesterday and got the Brother SQ9050 Computerized Sewing and Quilting machine. I didn't get the embroidery machine! :( I did a lot of "play" stitching last night, today I will get serious and work on one of my UFOs... I want to get my Texas Wall-hanging done for our friend E.T. and his wife.
This machine came with 7 sewing feet PLUS a walking foot, FMQing foot and a 1/4" Quilting foot. WOOHOO! Can you tell I am excited?
I took a scrap of fabric and was playing with the Monogram feature to see how hard it would be to make a label. And I cut a little square and wrote I LOVE YOU on it and gave it to DH. He said nice, can you go any bigger. I said... "Not much, It's NOT an embroidery machine! I may be able to go a bit bigger, but it just has a plain monogram and no fancy alphabet." He said... well, maybe we'll have to get you an embroidery machine at some point!.. Duh... that is what I was trying to tell him! LOL.

Anyway, I am back to sewing and I feel like a new me!

a1angiem
June 23rd, 2012, 09:59 AM
congrats! lots of fun...and nice husband!!! i want an embroidery machine too!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Whooppee! No outside work for you today, you've got some serious sewing to do! Have a great time getting to know your new machine! You will be happy with what you have chosen, I have an embroidery machine that sits idle because the quilting machine is so busy!

HandsOffItsMine
June 23rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Congrats Donna! I know how long you have been waiting for your new baby! :)

Since DH now realizes you need an embroidery machine and he's a "businessman". Ask him to look out for a small standalone embroidery machine (this way you can quilt while the embroidery is being run). Not only will you be able to create quilt labels but you can make "gun sack" labels. "This dude carries a gun" labels. "Don't make me get my gun" labels. The endless possibilities for extra profits at the gun shows. :)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2012, 10:16 AM
Congrats Donna! I know how long you have been waiting for your new baby! :)

Since DH now realizes you need an embroidery machine and he's a "businessman". Ask him to look out for a small standalone embroidery machine (this way you can quilt while the embroidery is being run). Not only will you be able to create quilt labels but you can make "gun sack" labels. "This dude carries a gun" labels. "Don't make me get my gun" labels. The endless possibilities for extra profits at the gun shows. :)
Now there' s a marketing ploy that will work! Ruby, you are a genius. Did you ever notice how if it is the DH's idea it flies very fast? All We gals need to do is plant the seed of the idea and let it grow!

Slokarma
June 23rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Congrats! Congrats to you! Can't wait to see all your new projects. Please let us know what you think of your new machine, I need to get a machine sometime in the near future.

GrammaBabs
June 23rd, 2012, 10:35 AM
ENJOY!!!!!.... to me there is nothing more fun that playing and learning a new machine... (yes,, can be frustrating at times... ) but mostly joy in figuering it out!!!! Smart move gett the sewing only.... cause then you can get an embroidery as well and have a spare when one "poops out" occasionally or needs a "dusting"....LOL Have fun dear friend...:)B

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
That was all the racket I heard yesterday coming in on the south winds? CONGRATULATIONS. 'SEW' glad you are back among all us 'stitches'. Love you dearly and can hardly wait to see that UFO pile getting smaller.

Claire Hallman
June 23rd, 2012, 11:54 AM
sorry, duplicate

Claire Hallman
June 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
ENJOY!!!!!.... to me there is nothing more fun that playing and learning a new machine... (yes,, can be frustrating at times... ) but mostly joy in figuring it out!!!! Smart move get the sewing only.... cause then you can get an embroidery as well and have a spare when one "poops out" occasionally or needs a "dusting"....LOL Have fun dear friend...:)B

Happy sewing on your new machine. I have been very happy with my two Brother machines. The idea of a multi use machine is very smart as I see it, too.
Besides you can actually quilt on an embroidery machine.

Donna F
June 23rd, 2012, 12:44 PM
Congrats!!! No woman should be without a machine as long as you have! And a monogram feature??!!! I'm jealous!! Maybe I'll have you make me up some labels for DGS. Enjoy you deserve it.

pcbatiks
June 23rd, 2012, 12:47 PM
Congrats on the new addition to your family! I know you're excited.....have fun playing with your new machine!

auntiemern
June 23rd, 2012, 01:21 PM
So happy for you Donna. I know you have been having serious withdrawal, sew you need to get in there and feed your addiction (this kind is ok) Can't wait to see what you get done with it. Happy quilting :)

K. McEuen
June 23rd, 2012, 01:35 PM
Nice! Glad you are now over your dry spell as far as sewing goes.

sewbizzy
June 23rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
So happy for you Donna...I know you must be excited...what fun to sew on the new machine...have a great day stitching!!!

NanaB
June 23rd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Congratulations! I know you will love your new machine. Don't forget to name her/him!!!

AngelaLashley
June 23rd, 2012, 03:30 PM
Congrats on the new machine!!!

buckeyequilter
June 23rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Congratulations....enjoy the machine :)

kwilson
June 23rd, 2012, 03:58 PM
Have fun on your new machine. My friend just bought a Brothers (not sure which one) and she is having fun learning the new feet and functions! I'm dreaming of an embroidery machine :-)!

bec
June 23rd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Yay! Congratulations! Hope you have lots of fun with it!

CrazyMtnLady
June 23rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
This is what I have been working on today with the new machine. In between doing laundry and dishes. (I ran out of dish soap two days ago so I had to wait till yesterday to get more) This is the Texas wall-hanging for our friend and his wife. I am not that happy with the outline stitching on the star but it isn't that bad and I know they will love it anyway.

auntiemern
June 23rd, 2012, 04:47 PM
You are right!!! They are going to love it :D
This is what I have been working on today with the new machine. In between doing laundry and dishes. (I ran out of dish soap two days ago so I had to wait till yesterday to get more) This is the Texas wall-hanging for our friend and his wife. I am not that happy with the outline stitching on the star but it isn't that bad and I know they will love it anyway.

madampolo
June 23rd, 2012, 05:37 PM
I love it! Congratulations, and happy sewing!

sewmuchjan
June 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
You go girl and sew away, have fun, looking good. :D

Hugs,
Jan G.

bkthomas
June 23rd, 2012, 06:20 PM
WooHoo!!!! Yippy Skippy and Hip Hip Hooray!!! So happy for you Donna!!! The Texas thing -LoveIt!!!

Bubby
June 23rd, 2012, 10:10 PM
Donna....I'm so happy you got your new machine!!! I've felt so bad because you've been unable to sew. Now you enjoy every minute with your new baby.....Hugs, Barb

Debbie MM
June 23rd, 2012, 10:39 PM
I am so glad you got your machine, I been checking everyday

Genny
June 23rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Congrats on your new machine! Now you can sew...sew...sew!

Blondie
June 24th, 2012, 12:03 AM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa143/nomarrocks5/pugs.jpg

I am so excited for YOU! Wowzers! Now don't go forgetting those fur pug babies while you are playing with your new baby.

Seriously, Donna, I have been waiting for you with this. YAY!

Woohoo, I am sewing and quilting again!

Went to town yesterday and got the Brother SQ9050 Computerized Sewing and Quilting machine. I didn't get the embroidery machine! :( I did a lot of "play" stitching last night, today I will get serious and work on one of my UFOs... I want to get my Texas Wall-hanging done for our friend E.T. and his wife.
This machine came with 7 sewing feet PLUS a walking foot, FMQing foot and a 1/4" Quilting foot. WOOHOO! Can you tell I am excited?
I took a scrap of fabric and was playing with the Monogram feature to see how hard it would be to make a label. And I cut a little square and wrote I LOVE YOU on it and gave it to DH. He said nice, can you go any bigger. I said... "Not much, It's NOT an embroidery machine! I may be able to go a bit bigger, but it just has a plain monogram and no fancy alphabet." He said... well, maybe we'll have to get you an embroidery machine at some point!.. Duh... that is what I was trying to tell him! LOL.

Anyway, I am back to sewing and I feel like a new me!

Winniesfriend
June 24th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Congratulations, glad you finally have your new machine, look forward to seeing the results

Granny Judy
June 24th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Great Big Gobs of Goose Greese... I think it's about time you got that Sewing Machine. Been thinking of ya and feeling guilty every time I sat down at mine.. **I have 3**. All Singers.. Congrats and I know you will have lots of fun getting those UFO's finished. Huggers.

brook
June 24th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Congratulations on your new machine! It's so much fun discovering all the new things you can do on it. : )

BellasQuilts
June 24th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Donna, how exciting to get a new machine. I love the idea of making labels for your hub's business. Great idea there Ruby. The flag looks wonderful and they are going to love it. It would be fun to sit there with you while you are learning all the fun things it can do!