PDA

View Full Version : Sandys Bambi?

Genny
June 22nd, 2012, 04:07 PM
Could this be Sandys Bambi? If so...no worry...Bambi is getting lots of little apples to eat...along with some of my hostas too...

madampolo
June 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Lovely pictures! It just screams peace and quite. Maybe screams is not the best word to use!

Genny
June 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Lovely pictures! It just screams peace and quite. Maybe screams is not the best word to use!

Well I scream plenty loud when they're in my flowers...lol...

sewmuchjan
June 22nd, 2012, 06:46 PM
Yup us too when they are in the vegie garden!!!! Along with the rabbits!!!! Don't eat my vegies no matter how cute you are!!!!!! LOL

Hugs,
Jan G.

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
Could be, Genny. Looks quite a bit like my backyard! You know it is funny - as many deer as we have come through I have never noticed any damage to my flowers. Maybe they don't like the same plants that I like. (Or it may be that there are too many weeds in my flower beds!)

bkthomas
June 22nd, 2012, 06:53 PM
Awww...how sweet - Thanks for sharing!

Genny
June 22nd, 2012, 07:05 PM
Could be, Genny. Looks quite a bit like my backyard! You know it is funny - as many deer as we have come through I have never noticed any damage to my flowers. Maybe they don't like the same plants that I like. (Or it may be that there are too many weeds in my flower beds!)

I mainly have trouble with them in my hostas...seems to be dessert for them. I use a lot of spray called "Liquid Fence" that smells a lot like dog crap and it seems to help with the deer and the rabbits.

HandsOffItsMine
June 22nd, 2012, 10:13 PM
Ahhhh, me love deer...

auntiemern
June 23rd, 2012, 12:27 AM
We have had a couple hanging around our back yard as well. Not having trouble with deer in the garden, but the squirrel are sure enjoying my tomatoes.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 23rd, 2012, 01:25 AM
It is so wierd that people told me when we moved to the country that hostas were akin to deer candy. We had hostas surrounding our house and they NEVER ate the hostas. And they were in our yard every night.

CrazyMtnLady
June 23rd, 2012, 10:30 AM
Great pics. We saw a real nice buck on our way to town yesterday. Couldn't tell how many points were on it's antlers, but it was in velvet and there were quite a few!

GrammaBabs
June 23rd, 2012, 11:01 AM
Believe it or not... we have "Bambi family" here at Oakpoint.... and they love tulips!!!! Me i don't do flowers.. i'd rather help the bambies!!!!
They do hunt near here though and that makes me sad.... oh and we sometimes have to wait for the turkeys to cross the street..LOL

Sandy Navas
June 23rd, 2012, 11:32 AM
We have had a couple hanging around our back yard as well. Not having trouble with deer in the garden, but the squirrel are sure enjoying my tomatoes.

Sprinkle red pepper flakes around your tomatoes and the squirrels will leave them alone.