PDA

View Full Version : If you like to read......

pcbatiks
June 22nd, 2012, 02:19 PM
Hi everyone, Just looking at the books on my bookshelf and thought I would mention these. Has anyone read Jennifer Chiaverini's The Quilter's Apprentice? It is the first book in a series. It's a really good book and the story centers on 2 ladies and quilting. The next in the series is Round Robin...also a good one! It is a nice relaxing series. Not like you all didn't have enough to do already.......and I go and add to the list!

Claire Hallman
June 22nd, 2012, 02:31 PM
I have read the first three in the series and really enjoyed them all, would love to read more but then I would be able to quilt less, what a trade off.

sewbizzy
June 22nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
No, I haven't read those yet...I would like to read them after I finish this series....I am reading a series of novels dealing with quilting by Marie Bostwick...the first is Fields of Gold, second is A Single Thread, and the third is A Thread of Truth...I believe there are 2 or 3 more after these that I have now...I always read a little or look at quilt books before I fall asleep each night...

SuzyQue
June 22nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
Carol---how can you read quilt books before you fall asleep at night????? Every time I try that I toss all night, once I finally get to sleep, trying to create in my dreams. I found it better to look at quilting books in the daytime, only! I do read right before bedtime every night! I adore reading! .....but never something that my brain would continue to work on!

janluna
June 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I love Jennifer Chiaverini's books! I've read all but the last 3. They are so good. I read anything I can set my hand on. Started reading when I was 3 yrs. old and haven't stopped ever. Hugs, Jan L.

pcbatiks
June 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Carol---how can you read quilt books before you fall asleep at night????? Every time I try that I toss all night, once I finally get to sleep, trying to create in my dreams. I found it better to look at quilting books in the daytime, only! I do read right before bedtime every night! I adore reading! .....but never something that my brain would continue to work on!

I know what you mean! I sleep better if I don't quilt hunt on the computer before bed time.....and quilt books just give me more ideas! I relax much better if I just read a novel!

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2012, 07:11 PM
I read, read, read - every night before the light goes out. I would venture to say that I have read over 50-60 books so far this year. Sometimes I go to sleep before I want to but I am good at catching up. Love books about quilting - especially novels with a quilting theme. Al always tells me that he can tell when I am dreaming about quilting - seems I sleep more soundly.

buckeyequilter
June 22nd, 2012, 07:16 PM
I love to read....and I read every night. I actually read on my iPod - most of the time. I take it to work and read at lunch. I think I'm going to check out the books because I need something new to read.

Debbie MM
June 22nd, 2012, 11:10 PM
Her books is what got me start quilting, I think I have read them all

auntiemern
June 23rd, 2012, 02:26 AM
I love to read. However I never read magazines or quilt books, etc. My taste in books is totally the opposite of my quilting ideas. I am more inclined to read, James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, or Jeffrey Deaver. Just finished reading all the Lincoln Rhymes series by Jeffry Deaver, and read the other day he has a new one coming out. I have the same problem reading tho that I do with quilting. I have hard time putting either down, once I get started.

CrazyMtnLady
June 23rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
I love to read. I haven't read the quilting books yet, but maybe I will look for them next time I am out and about. I absolutely LOVE reading anything by Dean Koontz a good mystery thriller and I really loved his Odd Thomas series. I need the last book or two of that series. Not a big fan of Steven King though.