PDA

View Full Version : Fridays are always welcome

Blondie
June 22nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/beyourself.jpg

Happy Day to all you Friday Lovers out there! Celebration time is upon you! Hey, if you can't get excited, just think, the 4th of July is right around the corner! Get your groove going a bit early and party on, you quilty animal you!

As mentioned yesterday afternoon, hubs went with me to the grocers. I told my sis it was a two depends visit. Yep. Then I had to pull him down from the ceiling when he involuntarily hit it. Okay, now call me something, like a cheapskate, but, I find it difficult to sound excited when I exclaim to my hubs - Oh, honey this is a good deal when I remember how much less it was just a short while ago. The best deal were minute maid juices at 10 for 10. On his diet, all hubs could do was lust. I did splurge and get some salmon to grill out. O. M. G. I love it grilled. Let me say that again. O. M. Goodness.

Blackberries are really coming in good now. Squash is still thriving and we can hardly wait for tomatoes. My seed lettuce has been very prolific as well as radishes. I have an interesting perrenial that I love, called a walking egyptian onion. Every part of this allium is edible. Makes a great conversation piece in your herb garden, but, watch out! It spreads like sweet annie does - at will.

Have a great day folksies! Here is a recent pic of my precious little grand daughter, Nora. Hoping I get to hold her soon:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/Baby%202012/EJ_10wks_03.jpg

well okay, since you wanted to see another one, here you go:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/Baby%202012/EJ_Smiles_1.jpg
Number 1 Son is truly gaga over his little bundle. She is three months old now. What???

Smile, Folksies!

quilter.martha
June 22nd, 2012, 07:23 AM
What a darling baby Blondie! Your son is a looker too!

Your garden sounds so nice. I just have no real interest in gardening. I like the idea of it, but the whole tick thing really discourages me to get out there. I've had ticks in-bed in me just from waking around in my grass! My DH has had the dreaded Lyme's Disease and I certainly don't want that! Anyway, a veggie garden would never work here in our yard--way too much shade.

Yesterday and Thursday were scorchers here and today is to get pretty hot as well. But, the saving grace--it cooled down into the 60s overnight and this morning is a gift from heaven!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Oh, I just had to add this to my post: my DD took her RN boards earlier this week and she got word yesterday she passed. She is now an RN!!! We are so proud of her. Just wish she was nearby so we could hug her.

quiltingtrish
June 22nd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Oooh! how precious! She is beautiful Blondie.

Hugs,

MRoy
June 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
Good Morning! Blondie, Nora is precious! Nothing exciting going on here. It's hot and dry and it's FRIDAY...Yay for Fridays!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day

Sharon G
June 22nd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Gorgeous! Little Nora is so sweet I could just squeeze those little cheeks!

Friday is great except today it means I have to be up and running EARLY in the morning to go and do our final selections for our house build. Although I really want to get it done, it is soooo bitterly cold and wet I just don't wanna move!

Blondie, I wish I had your beautiful summer garden going. Being winter here that is simply a non event.

Martha, that is wonderful news! Congrats to your DD. I hope she continues her good work. I know the value of a good RN :)

My cold and wet Friday is now over so I hope you all enjoy yours (in the sunshine) :)

Monique
June 22nd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone. Just a little time to check in. Yesterday was another great accomplishment day. Finally got the dryer fixed for DIL. All I got done on it, was take out screws and then realize I can not fix it. I called a repair shop and asked if it were cheaper to bring it to them. Of course it was, so DIL and I hauled it out of the basement and into my van. Dryer was fixed by 3pm and only cost 60+ taxes. WOOHOO. Wires were burnt, so I would not have been able to fix that anyway. Now to get all that laundry done. That should take a week to get caught up!!

We tackled my DG's room last night. Man what a pile of garbage she had accumulated. She is so proud of her CLEAN room. I showed her just how much dirt came out of the vaccuum, her eyes were really big then. I sniffed and sneezed because of all the cat and dog hair in that carpet. I had to go buy drugs. These carpets were never cleaned from the last tenant, and they had both. Son and DIL also had a cat themselves. YUCK !!! I will get that room finished today. Then maybe I can go home tomorrow. DIL was planning a day at the beach with a friend, but the weather is supposed to be crappy. GOOD for me.

I forgot to tell you that hubby made it to #1 son and DIL safe and sound. Apparently, he gave Roxy such a big hug because he was SO glad he did not have to fly again. Hehehehehe.

Happy Friday to you all.

P/S
Blondie, Nora is so darn adorable, I want to hold her too. I hope you soon get a chance to see her in the flesh. And when you do, give her a kiss or two from me.

Martha, give your daughter a hug for me and congratulations on a job well done. God bless her for choosing such a hard profession. Nurses never fully get the credit they deserve.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
Oh my gosh, Baby Nora is so precious, and what a handome dad!

I fell dead asleep in my chair last night after spending the day with the grandkids, including 4 hours at the pool. I slept so soundly that I didn't even hear my lawn mowing guys mowing right under my window! Woke up when they rang the doorbell for money. So I ate a little something and went back to bed. Therefore, at 3:30 a.m., I was awake and ready to roll! Went to the sewing room, of course!

I am making a lap throw for our housekeeper at work who decided just recently to call it quits and retire next week. I've always wanted to make her a quilt, now I have a deadline! She likes witches, so I found a cute piece of fabric that has witches on it but doesn't scream Halloween. I'm making the Magic Square pattern with purple and black as my main colors. Got the squares done this morning, hope to get the top finished this afternoon, and quilted over the weekend. How would you quilt this? I'm using 8" squares, bound by jelly roll strips. I think it is too big for SITD, so I may have to FMQ it. Oh, goodie. Any ideas on what I should do?

Hope you all have a great day!

Shirley
June 22nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
What a sweet baby! And it looks like Dad is proud!! Have a great one Blondie!

ginampls
June 22nd, 2012, 09:01 AM
morning all. Nora looks happy. so does dad. so any way i don't have much time here. i am going to blow out moms hair. she volunteers at the nursing home and helps the residents to Mass. so i hope it turns out pretty. i think it will. I'd post a picture but she is shy. well must be off..

bec
June 22nd, 2012, 09:23 AM
Nora is soooo cute! She has her daddy's smile, doesn't she?

I'm working in my veggie garden and flower beds this morning. I like to get some outside work done before lunch and then I shower and pretty much stay in the house and do inside things.

Blondie, do you want a grilled salmon recipe. I used to not like fresh salmon very much, but then I tried this recipe and I love it. In fact we are having grilled salmon today.

My husband doesn't go shopping. He would have a heart attack if he had to do the grocery shopping every week. He just tells me to do it and not to tell him how much I spent. lol

Martha, congratulations to your daugher!

Have a great day!

dizzyLiz
June 22nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Oh my, a baby, she is a angel !! And Daddy ain't bad himself LOL. Congrats Blondie. Martha congrats to you and DD, she is not only smart, she must be a loving woman to choose nursing.

I have today and tomorrow off. FIVE more days and my DGD arrives from Washington state. She visits every summer. Normally I have her all summer, but this year she can only stay 19 days. I only have to work only 4 of those days.......using up some of that vacation time. Yikes I have a million things to do.
She is ten and I think it is time for her to get aquainted with Grammy's sewing machine. Much fun ahead !!!

Love, Laughter and Prayers to all,
Liz

CrazyMtnLady
June 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Good Morning all.

What a beautiful precious little girl Nora is!!!! Dad sure looks proud and happy.

Martha, congrats to your daughter on becoming an RN. My DH's nephew's wife is an RN in the emergency room back home in Indiana. She is considering going back to school and becoming a Nurse Practitioner.

We did not receive a single drop of rain here yesterday :( The radar showed a big band of rain storms coming our way and as soon as they hit our county line... ***Poof*** they were gone. That happens a lot here. But we sure could have used the rain.

DH and I decided to stay home yesterday, we were both a bit pooped from Wednesday's outing. We relaxed a bit but also put up a new Gazebo on our deck. It looks nice. Now to just get some patio furniture and we will be all set. But while we were putting up the Gazebo, I got stung on the upper back of my arm. HOLY COW DID THAT HURT!!! I really expected my arm to be swollen up big as a balloon by this morning but amazingly it is not. It does still hurt though. I put ice on the sting right away but then went back to helping with the Gazebo. That is the first time I have gotten bit by anything and not gotten a huge welt. I have a mosquito bite that swelled up bigger then the wasp sting.

So today is the day! Track bar on truck and then off to Springfield for some shopping and a new sewing machine. DH is trying to tell me to concentrate on the quilting aspect of the machine and not worry about getting an embroidery machine. I told him I would be using the embroidery feature for making labels as well as other things, but he said I can make my labels with a regular machine because it has fancy stitches and the alphabet.. Men! he probably just doesn't want to spend that much money because he has more guns he wants to buy. We will have to see what I come home with!

Well, off to read a few more posts and then into the shower......

Hugs and prayers.

GrammaBabs
June 22nd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Good morning all... how old is Nora now.... what a cutie pie... i take it she doesn't live "handy"....
Gardening??? not so much... never was good at it... and now the whole digging weeding thing is not in my top ten list... having the veggies YES, but i know i wouldn't do it... your a trooper... we have 1 beautiful hydrangers just planted that are really becoming a pain.... it's been so hot, they need a bucket on each every day and the hose it not close...they were a gift... so we gotta keep them pretty....
It's been90 and over for 3 days... yikes... not sure about pool today, but have some friends to check in with,, perhaps that..
You ladies sure do a lot more each day than I... but i do fondly remember the "crazy life of Mom and working woman".... i tell myself, I did my time... and now it's God's way of rewarding me.... i can do kind things for people when i want or can and can spend my time listening more patiently to people that need to be heard and making them smile occasionally....
So to all my "Sisters" here...thanks for being who you are... and have a good one... i'll be thinking of you all... hugs B

stitching woman
June 22nd, 2012, 10:02 AM
Nora is such a beautiful baby and I love that smile! Dad is looking mighty proud. Hope everyone has a great day and try to stay out of the heat!

cyndiofthevortex
June 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Hi everyone,

Blondie, that baby is just too cute. I think it's great therapy to hold a baby. I need a baby fix every now and then. But they grow up so fast!

Martha, big congratulations to your daughter! What a great accomplishment!

I did not do well in the heat yesterday. I pushed myself too hard and felt terrrible in the evening. My kids forced me to sit in front of the a/c all evening and Jonas forced me to drink water and gatorade. At least they were watching out for me.

I am still going to quilt today no matter what the temperature. I guess that's what got me into trouble yesterday but I'll try to be more careful. I'm making a double sliced layer cake (I think that's what it's called) but I'm cutting out all the squares myself out of my collection of plaids. So it's double the work but I think it will be nice for the fall. Looking ahead during this heat wave!

I'm hoping for rain tonight before the cooler (only in the 80's) weather comes in for tomorrow. If you have rain at your place send it my way! We need the relief. I need the relief.

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2012, 10:08 AM
How wonderful to check in here today and see Nora's picture (oh how I wish Blondie could get some baby hugs!!!!) and then to hear about Martha's DD who is too far away to hug, too. There are days when I've been invaded by the Seven Sisters that I would love to box one or more up and I'd send them to you for the day so you could get hugs in (maybe one that I'd ask not to be returned - but that may vary on which one on a daily basis).

Today is the day that Miss Emily and I head to the movies to see Brave. That is only if she followed up on directions and cleaned her room last night. Seems she had yesterday afternoon to do it but decided it would be more fun to play on the iPad. I'll let you know how that goes. Our 11 YO took two first places in her swim competition Wednesday night! So proud of these girls. They each have their goals in the pool and when they are here they are still practicing what they have worked on each morning with their team.

Okay, yesterday was a first for me. I quilted my very FIRST quilt on the quilting machine. I did mention that Sis and I have a lot of fun together and we found way too many things to laugh about throughout the day. The top is not perfect by any means, and she is a hard task-manager. But there were a couple times where I convinced her that it was "good enough". The main problems we encountered were operator errors and/or deficiencies in the computer program on the machine. Like the sergers this must have been designed by a man (NO OFFENSE, DENIS). So one down, seven more to go . . .

I am wishing everyone the very best of Fridays. Prayers to my ever-growing list of those who are suffering in some way, special hugs to all my wonderful on-line friends, and even a shoulder to cry on if you need it. Oh, and I saw a post from one person who just may need a whomp up side her head . . .

Ginny B
June 22nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Good Morning and Happy Friday to all. Blondie, Nora is beautiful. :) and such a handsome and proud Daddy too. I'd be chomping at the bit to get a hold of her for cuddling too.

Another hot day here but we are supposed to get thunderstorms this afternoon. We'll see if they actually show up. If they do, our plans for this evening will be changing. We are supposed to meet my sister and her boyfriend and go see a band play at an outdoor venue at a beach but t-storms will cancel that for sure. We had dinner with sis and bf last night and had a nice time.
Not sure what dh and I will be up to today. We talked about going out to the cemeteries with some flowers but we'll see what he is up to. May just hang close to home.

Martha, congrats on your daughters passing her RN test.

Donna, happy hunting! Hope you get just what machine you want. Can't wait to hear what comes home with you.

Keep cool everyone (or warm if you are in Australia). :)

Ginny B

sewbizzy
June 22nd, 2012, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I love babies!!! always have...Nora is beautiful and how about that smile? you all have to be so proud...
My hubby takes care of the gardening...I never had too much interest in it...I admire you knowing so much about all the flowers and veggies though...
today is errand day...hubby is keeping his leg elevated and oldest son is recovering from his knee surgery yesterday...tonight I have 2 granddaughters in a dance recital (one is 17 and has been taking dance since she was 3 and the other is 9 and just started dance lessons)...they take lessons at the Abby Lee Miller Dance Studio (Dance Moms on the Lifetime Channel), but neither are on the show...my oldest granddaughter was Miss Dance of PA last year of Dance Masters...next week she has been invited to a week with the Rockettes...she is so excited...she would love to be a Rockette after she graduates next year....I will try to post a picture later today of her...better run...have a great day everyone

HandsOffItsMine
June 22nd, 2012, 10:54 AM
OMG Blondie, Nora is getting sooo big! Want to kiss those cheekies! Your son looks like Matt my SIL. :) Sure hope that you and Luscious get to see her soon. Make sure to kiss and hug her from Auntie Ruby!

Martha, congrats with your DD. How proud you and DH must be...an RN! All that hard work she's done has paid off and she's working/on her own. :)

Nice to have Don here with me. Zander came back from his Dad, he was full of stories of Philly and DC. He's been stuck on his Opa, of course. Kept saying he missed him after a year. Don took the boys to the park, all the regular stuff he did when they lived with us.

Got to finish the top for Oliver this morning, piece the back, sandwich it. Will have to thread baste/pin it. :( Couldn't find 505 around here and won't get it here on time as it's shipped UPS ground. We'll be starting the packing on Monday. (Kat waited 'till the last minute to pick out fabric for an Ollie plane quilt)

Been here now six weeks in CA and my Fibro is full force again, the weather conditions have a lot to due with it. My body doesn't like when there is a bigger temp difference than 10 degrees and no humidity from one day to another. That's why it loves Hawaii, 75-78 F and 60% humidity - one day basicly the same as the other. It makes me want to go home, I'm back to taking mid-level painmeds daily. Hate it!! I'm hoping the Atlanta weather is better than LA. I don't want to have to live like this again. I feel like crying, is this what it will be like to be with the GKs?

LynneLeavell
June 22nd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Blondie Nora is so precious. I wish I had a granddaughter. But I love my three grandson's just as well. I'm learning you can make any kind of quilt for boys and they love it. Oh well happy Friday everyone.

alliek
June 22nd, 2012, 12:07 PM
What a cutie Blondie!!! You just don't want to put a sweetie like your granddaughter down. I miss a baby so much, my youngest granddaughter (I have six!) is 10 years old. Congratulations to Martha on her DD's achievement. !! Well done!

Claire Hallman
June 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Beautiful baby, and son. I can hardly wait until January for ours to get here. Congrats on the new RN and the dancing week with the Rockettes. How wonderful for them both.
I thought we were going to clean around here today but hubby is a bit under the weather so I will be doing my cleaning and his part will have to wait a day or so. He has been so good to do the floors for all the years since my first back surgery. It was not my idea to do it today but will go ahead and be happy it is done.

Lonna
June 22nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Just want to wish everyone a wonderful Friday. I will be going on my lunch hour with DH to his Dr's appt. Will see then if they are going to start up with the next round of radaition or what the next round of treatment will be.

Hope everyone has a great day and hug those Grandbabies.

Sandy Navas
June 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Just want to wish everyone a wonderful Friday. I will be going on my lunch hour with DH to his Dr's appt. Will see then if they are going to start up with the next round of radaition or what the next round of treatment will be.

Don't forget that we have a bunch of people keeping him in our prayers.

GrammaBabs
June 22nd, 2012, 01:04 PM
ditto what sandy said.... i'm thinking of you,,,, best wishes and hugs..

Bubby
June 22nd, 2012, 01:59 PM
Blondie,

Nora is a real doll...oh, lucky you!!! Your son is quite handsome also!!

Martha, you should be very proud of your daughter and her accomplishment! An RN isn't easy to come by.

Klasien and Annika, I hope you are doing fine...thinking of you today.

Hugs, Barb

Blondie
June 22nd, 2012, 02:16 PM
hey folksies
home from the shop for a minute before we head out for the scan this afternoon. My last appt decided to call and say she couldn't make it that early - geesh, it is only 45 minutes earlier than her usual appt. Oh well, tomorrow I will have to do her late in the afternoon. She is such a PITA. Seriously. One day I may take a pic of her for dart practice. Shhhh, you didn't hear me say this. I seriously am being so tongue in cheek. Not really.

Hugs to everyone and thanks for the kind words of Nora and Number One Son, Paul. I have my fingers, eyes and toes crossed that there may be a slight possibility for me to get up there in the end of July. the kids are moving into a larger apt about 30 miles further north of where they are currently living. They are thinking that this Nana would be helpful with Nora while they get things squared away. I just think of seeing the three of them and get all dreamy and weepy.

middlesis1966
June 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
I'm ready to get the weekend started. Just a few short hours way and its party time, lol! Wal-Mart bound I am. Party animal for sure. Lol if it weren't for Wal-Mart I may have nothing to do!

Blondie love the header pic. Reminds me of one of my favorite songs by Superchick, Beautiful. Love Love that song. If every girl could see her beauty we would be an army. Oh now I have that song in my head. Love the pics of Nora as well!!

Well I am going to go out of my comfort zone and take a class tomorrow using some pretty bold fabric. Normally I wouldn't use it, but I wanted to see what it was gonna be like, so I'm gonna take it! Atleast we could pick the colors and the print so I'm cool with what I got. I really like the flowers and they aren't to girly for me. I even bought some extra yardage to keep in my stash.

janluna
June 22nd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Blondie, Nora is just so sweet. What a gift from our Lord. Your son is cute too. Isn't it amazing how far away our kids keep going? My Son, John, just up and moved to California. I asked him if it was something I said. lol Oh well, we can only raise them as right as we can and then let them fly. And we pray!!!
Let us know how Larry does on his scan. Saying prayers he is ok.
Lonna, prayers going up for your DH and you.
Love you all, Jan L.

bkthomas
June 22nd, 2012, 07:37 PM
Awwwww...the pics of Nora are soooo Beautiful!!!