PDA

View Full Version : Eye Trouble

phoots
June 22nd, 2012, 01:42 AM
This morning I woke up and the area just under my right eye was swollen. I thought to myself, okay, that's different. I took my shower and started getting ready for work. But then I looked at my right eye in the mirror. OMG, I had what could have been called a slight blackness just under my eye, where the swelling was. And then I look closer, mind you this wasn't easy since I didn't have my glasses on and I'm blind as a bat, but I noticed a tiny little red bump.

Well, the only thing I could figure was that I got bit last night. I told my BF about it, and he looked, yep, you got a bit of a black eye. He told me, "I didn't bite you because if I had you would've lost an eye!" He's a jokester!!

The swelling was gone by lunch time, but now I'm noticing the "bite" is itching. It's gonna drive me crazy.

BTW - I won't be going to the doctor about this unless it get's 100% worse!!!!! I have no money for a doctor and I have no insurance!!!!!

Love to all!

Pam in Vegas

bakermom
June 22nd, 2012, 03:08 AM
my sympathy! that happened to me as a child. i woke up one morning with one eye swollen shut. My parent's best guess was a spider bit me during the night. it took a day or so for the swelling to go away.

can you take something like benadryl? that might ease the itching

bkthomas
June 22nd, 2012, 05:42 AM
Ooooh Pam! You have my sympathy - clean - vaccuum - spray under the bed and around the windows - sliding door if you have one!!!! Take care my friend!

Blondie
June 22nd, 2012, 06:46 AM
Yep. benedryl will help. So sorry. Eye trouble is no fun and always scarey. See, this is another reason I be so askeered of spidies.

GrammaBabs
June 22nd, 2012, 10:06 AM
do you have an "eye cup"....???
I have "eye issues" a lot and all docs have said my eyes are healthy.. so sometimes things happen...
but when i have troubles..... i just rinse my eye with the eye cup... simple thing... may about 2bucks at a local drug store...
Probably used "clean" water... for me.. i've used it VERY warm... i found it soothing... but just the rinse is a big help... more so than a lot of the pricey OTC drops..... just wanted to share this.... hope you feel better soon...

Jenny Mulhall
June 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
I've used cold tea-soaked cotton pads to soothe my eyes and 'bring out' the styes I'm prone to. The tannin and caffeine helps, I'm told. Just make a pot of tea, have a cup with a bit of cake while you browse this forum and let the tea get strong and cold in the pot. Soak those roundy cotton make up pads with the cold tea and go for a lie down with them on. It might be a load of old plámás but it's VERY refreshing! :)

Hope you feel better soon. x