PDA

View Full Version : Brandons Quilt

RFREE
June 19th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Hello all my quilting buddies!! A little update on Brandon's quilt. I am still waiting on a couple of people from here to send their blocks but no hurry because my boss and my big boss(if you can figure that out?) want to join in on the fun. One of them called yesterday and said "mom" has sent her blocks to me and I will bring them out.I haven't heard anything from the other because he is having a very bad summer.His wife was diagnosed with breast cancer and I am afraid to even bring up the blocks with all that is going on. I don't want to leave him out because he is a dear friend of Brandon.Actually he asked his mother in Ireland to participate in this quilt for his contribution.What to do?? There has been so many tragic things happen since school let out it is heart wrenching to think about. Our superintendent of the schools systems daughter was involved in a head on collision over Memorial day w/e and has been on a ventilator ever since. No brain activity.She is 19 years old.I graduated high school with her dad (my boss).Please keep them in your prayers. As it is now I am at a stand still with the quilt. I will take it one day at a time and hopefully get it done before I go back to work. You have all been so wonderful and the blocks are all amazing!! I read all your posts off and on all day long...CANT STAY AWAY... But we all know how that is now don't we??? I am blessed to be part of such a wonderful group of people.
Hugs and prayers to all who need them.
Rhonda

auntiemern
June 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Oh Rhonda, so sorry for your bosses daughter. Prayers being said for them. As anxious as we are to see Brandon's quilt, we all realize that life happens, and not everything can go as planned.

Blondie
June 19th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Rhonda, this is really turning out to be quite an international quilt. I wouldn't worry about the rush either. How tragic for the super's child. It sure seems as if everything comes in bunches sometimes. Prayers for this family right at this moment. Hugs to you, sweet girl.
Blondie

Jean Sewing Machine
June 19th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Rhonda, it's good to hear from you! Sounds like there are many roadblocks to getting this project finished quickly, but I know Brandon will love it when he gets it. So sorry to hear about the supt's daughter, that is such a tragedy! And the woman with breast cancer diagnosis--life can get rocky at times, can't it. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Jean

K. McEuen
June 19th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems that your boss and his family are having.

If you wanted to start piecing the quilt together without bothering him for the blocks, you might consider making a tote (since you are so good at those) with his blocks when he does get them done, so that Brandon has something to keep and carry his quilt in. It might be an option to consider as the summer progresses. Hopefully everything will work out for him.

New York Sue
June 19th, 2012, 10:12 PM
My best to your friends. Life can change with the blink of an eye...
The 'Cancer Warrior' quilt is somewhat on hold, as well. Interrupted by my husband's joint replacement, 3 weeks ago.
I nearly had a panic attack when I saw this thread! Thought you were posting a finished quilt...
WHEW! ;)

Sandy Navas
June 19th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Mother used to tell us to live our lives to the fullest because we never knew when the Good Lord would make a drastic change. My prayers are with your boss and his daughter and the rest of the family, and your boss's boss and his wife. And of course, I hold Brandon and his story close to my heart -- along with YOU!

BellasQuilts
June 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Sounds like some patience is in order here so that people can deal with life. You never know what's around the corner is what my mom always says, and ain't it the truth? Praying for all.

HandsOffItsMine
June 20th, 2012, 01:15 AM
So sorry to hear about the bosses and their families, prayers will be said for them. I know how life can change in a blink of an eye. In 2008/2009 we went through that with Don and 2010 with our SIL Matt. Never take life for granted.

I have had two blocks ready but need to pick up a Micro pen to sign them with, now that Don's here, he can take me to Joann's tomorrow. Once I'm back in Hawaii, around July 15th, I'll contact you and see if you need more help with blocks. I did pick up more Western fabric when I shopped. :) Or if you need me to make some french seamed pillow cases.

It will all work out before school starts.

Huggers, Ruby

CrazyMtnLady
June 20th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Prayers being sent up for your bosses' families. Sometimes it seems like the tragedies just never stop. They say everything happens for a reason, it's just that sometimes those reasons just don't make sense!

janluna
June 20th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Prayers being said for everyone Rhonda. We always end up with teens in horrible crashes in the summer. 2 years ago we lost 5 girls in the same car. The driver was texting. We have a law in NY because of it. If you get caught texting it costs $250.00 for a first offense. After that, it goes worse for you. All the kids are complaining. Too bad, it's better than the alternative.
Hope you all stay cool today. Hugs, Jan L.

GrammaBabs
June 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
such sad news... but the quilt will be made when your ready and loved whenever that is... Prayers for that family..