PDA

View Full Version : Okay, so it's Tuesday

Blondie
June 19th, 2012, 07:56 AM
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL25/6758616/24141606/403096724.jpg

Good Morning!

I have been up since dark o'clock. Computer has been acting up off and on for months and this morning acted like it needs a laxative. Everything I have electronically, etc is all about the same age since everything always goes off into the wild blue yonder together. Like I said, good morning. It's
Tuesday. So by now I am too frustrated to even have coffee soothe me. Good thing I wake up happy or this thing would be in the river.

Already hotter than the first level of hades here - I don't know what the temp is but I can tell you the humidity right now is at wringing wet. I don't know what I will do today but I am certain it will not require me to be outside for long.

Off to water the flowers and veggies before it gets too unbearable. Will get back in to read later.

Hugs, blessings and big SMILES!!!!!

MRoy
June 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Good Morning Blondie! Where did you find my picture this morning? LOL! I was up late last night and I'm feeling it this morning. Sarah Hart and her unborn son, Alexander, were laid to rest yesterday morning. The scum that confessed to killing her entered a "not guilty" plea in court yesterday afternoon. I hope for this family's sake that this trial doesn't drag out.

I bought a new toy yesterday at Big Lots. It's a factory reconditioned Singer Stylist sewing machine with a speed control and start/stop button. I call it a toy because I got it for my grandkids to try out sewing when they come to stay on the farm next month. I hope my granddaughter will try it....not too sure about the grandson. I can return it within 30 days so I'm going to give a real work out this weekend.

Wishing everyone a terrific Tuesday!

Bubby
June 19th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Good Morning....

Blondie, I hear you about the heat. DH brought the mower to the front yard for me so I can hop on and mow for a few hours before it gets too hot. The humidity is something awful today.

Myrna, I also hope the trial is swift and just. He must have been charged with two counts of Murder 2nd Degree.

I will check in a little later. For now I need to put on my mowing outfit and get busy. I wish everyone a good Tuesday! Barb

buckeyequilter
June 19th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Good morning....

It's hot here already. I get up and take a shower and there are days, like today, that by the time I'm dressed I feel like I need another shower. At least I work in an air-conditioned office. I sympathize with the people that work out in the shop because it's hot out there.

I need to call All Brands this morning - have called them 2 times already because some feet were missing from the Kenmore machine when I got it. But there is also another problem - the straight stitches look loopy and wavy...I have tried different threads and it doesn't make a difference. So since I haven't had the machine 30 days yet might see if I can send it back and get a Brother. I don't seem to have much luck with other machines...so I guess I'll just have to see what they say.

I bought a fabric glue stick at the LQS to work on my spiderweb quilt...don't like it - it's too sticky...so I think I'll have to order another from MSQC.

Everyone stay cool and have a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all.

quiltingtrish
June 19th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Happy Tuesday all~~
Supposed to get muggy here too - but later in the day and stay that way until Friday. Don't suppose the clothes will dry too well out there, but I might try.
Need to do some clean-up in a sewing area in the dining room today and will then either work on a baby binding or perhaps start my summer photo project. Just need to get files transferred from here to there and get some of my latest great 'works' printed out for my regular album here at home.
I hope you all have a wonderful day - hope noone wilts too much outside.
Hugs,

Jenny Mulhall
June 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I think I might be 'downloading' a little US weather while I read this forum because... wait for it... it's SUNNY outside! Seriously! I woke up this morning to an unfamiliar bright light and, upon closer inspection and a quick 'Google' search realised it was the SUN!!!!

My cats have lost their minds and are scampering about like catnip is on sale! :D

I may even get a colour this year. I'm normally a pale blueish white and turn red this time of year. Attractive! :P

Edited to add: I was responding to Blondie's post about the weather and just read that Sarah and her little boy were laid torest today. How unbearably sad and tragic. I surprise myself with my own bloodthirstiness when I read about things like that. Reading that her killer pleaded 'not guilty' makes me want to swing the axe myself! I hope that justice is done, although, whatever sentence her killer receives; Sarah's husband and children will (and are) service a life sentence of grief and pain. It's beyond all reason and belief. :(

Blondie
June 19th, 2012, 09:52 AM
Myrna, I am not surprised he pled not guilty. Isn't that status quo even with a confession. Times like these make me angry at attorneys. 12 good men and women will give him justice. Sis and I have kept Sarah's family, friends and your community in our prayers. Hoping that healing continues. It is more than heart breaking.

Jenny, I am with you! I live in the south and used to dwell in the sun but not these days. If I want some healthy tint over my normal ghostly pall, I get the fake tan and rub it in. LOL. Nothing like orange hands.

GrammaBabs
June 19th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Good morning all... today i go quilting... LOVE IT... i'm driving, so errands are pick up something at wally world for DH,,,post office and library... these are three of the most calm and clever loving women in the world... we mesh so well,, 2 are sisters and live here and the 3rd is 10min away... it's her sewing/long arm room we work in... today i'll be testing the "new" machine i'd purchased for my DD .. it's not worked right for her ever... may be OE,, but she's pretty clever,, so i',m going to judge it and see about replacing or something..
It's finally going to get "hot" here this week... i'll be whinning along with you all soon, but we've not had much heat yet...
Klasien, i'll be thinking of you and your daughter today... Blondie stay dry... and all have a super day with good things in it...
As for the tradgedy... (not up on it all).... please God , swift justice for the creep,, and soothing thoughts and prayers to a family living a nightmare... So hard to think of.....
hugs to all , Barbara

Lonna
June 19th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Blondie it is another hot and humid day here also right now it is 80 degrees with a feels like 85. I am so not ready for all this hot weather. I guess today I will do my best to stay inside. I have a few units that need to be swept out but they can wait. I have plenty others that I can rent.

Myrna my thoughts and prayers are with your local family. I too pray for a swift and speedy trial for this man.

Sandy Navas
June 19th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Wild Animals - okay, there's a post about Momma Deer and her supposedly lost babe. While keeping an eye out for her this morning we noticed two hen turkeys with their individual broods. I used to do wild turkey counts for the State but quit last year when we hadn't seen any for a while. I can't see well enough way off there but Al claims there were at least a dozen chicks each.

Headed to the sewing room for a little while so I can do an In-The-Hoop Owl purse for my oldest DGD. She's crazy about owls and I've promised . . . then the next one wants a zippered soda bottle bottom coin purse. I'll have to remember my camera.

If I don't move I'll get nothing finished . . .

stitching woman
June 19th, 2012, 11:29 AM
It is terribly hot here too it is already 80 and so humid here thank goodness for the wind. Sounds like the whole country is in this heat wave with little to no rain. Need to water my flowers early and get back in before the heat overtakes us.

We have worked up at MSQC for several weeks to help get ready for the opening of the new store, went on the bus trip and taken Sammy back to Columbia for his last check, and helped a neighbor move after the lost of her BF so now I think I can get back to some sewing.

I sure hope that their is some peace for Sarah and her little one and the scumbag gets what is coming to him.

Everyone stay safe in this heat and look out for one another life is way to short.

sewbizzy
June 19th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Good Morning all...it's is hot and humid here too in PA....I plan on finishing up 2 UFO's today...wish me luck...sounds like everyone is going to be inside quite a bit...so happy for Klasien that her daughter had a safe trip home...Myrna I also hope justice is done...what a terrible tragedy...Blondie, try to stay cool---you are always so bubbly...have a great day everyone!!

CrazyMtnLady
June 19th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Good morning all. Been up for a while but had to get DH up and on the road to help out a neighbor. We were up late last night also. My check came yesterday so we went to the bank, then to the mechanic's who put new ball joints on the truck. We drank a few (too many) beers so my eyeballs felt a bit like exploding this morning. But, a couple cups of coffee and I feel fine.

Will probably go shopping either today or tomorrow. DH needs to go to ST. Louis to pick up a black powder pistol for resale and I am sure he is going to insist I go along. He is a terrible navigator!!! So maybe we will find a place to shop for my new sewing machine along the way, either going or coming. Not sure yet just where we have to go, I just know it is close to St. Louis. I did buy 3 different colors of pretty flannel to back the quilt tops. I got a blue with clouds to back the sailboat quilt. I love the baby quilts backed with the soft flannel.

Have a great day all.
Hugs and prayers.

auntiemern
June 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Good day everyone. A little hot here and gonna get worse. Myrna, don't worry bout the scum bag pleading not guilty. Unfortunately justice is a slow process. It took ours 18 mo. If the evidence is strong they will offer him a plea, and with any luck he will take it. That is how ours finally came to an end. He took a 16 yr plea, and pleaded guilty to assault in the 1st. Had he not done that he could have been facing life. And that was ok with me, cuz my little man will be grown up by then. If your state has death penalty, if they threaten him with that, and then offer him something lesser, he may just take it. The rest of you stay cool and have a blessed day.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Good morning all. Been up for a while but had to get DH up and on the road to help out a neighbor. We were up late last night also. My check came yesterday so we went to the bank, then to the mechanic's who put new ball joints on the truck. We drank a few (too many) beers so my eyeballs felt a bit like exploding this morning. But, a couple cups of coffee and I feel fine.

Will probably go shopping either today or tomorrow. DH needs to go to ST. Louis to pick up a black powder pistol for resale and I am sure he is going to insist I go along. He is a terrible navigator!!! So maybe we will find a place to shop for my new sewing machine along the way, either going or coming. Not sure yet just where we have to go, I just know it is close to St. Louis. I did buy 3 different colors of pretty flannel to back the quilt tops. I got a blue with clouds to back the sailboat quilt. I love the baby quilts backed with the soft flannel.

Have a great day all.
Hugs and prayers.Have fun in St. louis and come visit me! Are you going to get a Brother machine? Don't know dealers for them, but know a good Janome dealer if you are shopping for them.

Granny Judy
June 19th, 2012, 04:52 PM
I'm late, I' m Late!! OH, well staying up half the night does produce some interesting things... Got another fabric rope bowl done and sent off to the "friend" who gave me two large rolls of fabric, that was used to make the bowls. "payment made". Then she sends me a link to Hooking Rugs. Dang that "woman"...she knows I'm retired, widowed and looking for "fillers" for my night life.

I'm staying indoors, too. Hot & Humid in my area and I don't handle it all that well these days. Glad I don't have the 40 acres to mow. My heart aches for the family of both Mother/child and "scumbag" . Their lives are forever changed and I can't imagine how they will recover from all this. I wanna go shopping with the St Louis peeps...and have a sew in with Jean & her friends. But wait.. I can't put any more on my plate right now and It's just soo darn hot out there. Maybe later...

Blondie, I may have to join you this year in the Orange hand department. No vacation planned. No swimming hole nearby and The Sun Hurts this year. Yes, it really feels like my skin is on fire when I'm out in it.

Rambled on way too long.. so saying to all, Have a fun day.. hug someone!!

Jenny Mulhall
June 19th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Good day everyone. A little hot here and gonna get worse. Myrna, don't worry bout the scum bag pleading not guilty. Unfortunately justice is a slow process. It took ours 18 mo. If the evidence is strong they will offer him a plea, and with any luck he will take it. That is how ours finally came to an end. He took a 16 yr plea, and pleaded guilty to assault in the 1st. Had he not done that he could have been facing life. And that was ok with me, cuz my little man will be grown up by then. If your state has death penalty, if they threaten him with that, and then offer him something lesser, he may just take it. The rest of you stay cool and have a blessed day.

Mern, your family were very lucky to have been given such justice, slow as it was in coming. In Ireland, there would be a screeching fit at a sentence like that for a crime where the victim didn't die. Just today, a man got only 10 years for setting a fire that killed a wee girl and maimed her father. I won't tell you what my father suggested his punishment should be... :(

bkthomas
June 19th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Good Evening All, it's cooler here today than yesterday, thank goodness because we cannot use the swamp cooler - the faucet outside leaks and this time (yesterday) it leaked into the basement and after several hours of taking care of kids my DD and her peice of poop husband came home and started chewing me out for having the a/c on - like I was a naughty child. What followed was not pretty but I am not about to let him think that he scares me. I had apologies to make to my DD and one of my GDD's but I still feel like I wish I could "Eat Sh** and Die" I am so sick of him!!! So Sorry,I will shut it now...

Blondie
June 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Kathy, you shouldn't eat his just desserts. Rather let him dine and die

Jean Sewing Machine
June 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Make him a chocolate pie, just like in the movie "The Help".

HandsOffItsMine
June 19th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Kathy, so sorry your SIL is a piece of (_|_)! Next time he want something from you or to watch the GKs, anything at all. Time to say "Kiss my beautiful (_|_)" with a smile and walk away.

I'm telling you...time to visit your sister on Oahu! :) You'll love it, you might just want to hook up with a local boy and stay put. :) hehe

Huggers, Ruby

Granny Judy
June 19th, 2012, 10:13 PM
I hate it when anyone...ANYONE talks "down" to me. It really does put you in a funk. Please don't let his childish behavior get to you. What goes round, comes round... And Me Grandmother's hex upon him, too.

Blondie
June 20th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Jean that was such a great book - haven't seen the movie

bkthomas
June 20th, 2012, 02:22 AM

Thank You All for your kind words - "The Help" is a movie? I've been wanting to read the book, really have to get it now. Again, Thank You - I am glad to have this forum to myself i.e. my daughter is not on here and I can vent - Am glad to have good friends here!