PDA

View Full Version : Evaluation of "Toys"

madampolo
June 18th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I mentioned a couple of "toys" I bought, and said I would let everyone know what I thought of them after I used them awhile.

The first one is a loop turner made by Design Plus. I really liked how it easily turned a circle I was making, and the prongs then were used to push out the seams once turned. Many of you already have a loop turner, and this one is no better than the one you have. I mention it in case you don't have one for your consideration. I saw it in a bow tie video. I recommend it.

The second one is the Quick-Cut thread cutter used to separate your pieces. I really like it, too. It is best used when you have a bunch of pieces to separate. If you have only a couple, your machine side cutter does fine. Of course, if your machine has an automatic thread cutter, then that would be what you use instead. I am going to buy another one to keep at my ironing area. No matter how hard I try, there is always a thread to trim at the ironing board. Someone mentioned a concern with the blade and children. I pushed my finger down on the opening, but because the blade was recessed, it didn't cut me. For children, I would be much more concerned with an open rotary cutter. I recommend the thread cutter.

The last item I bought was the Sidewinder. Thank you everyone who gave me input in bobbin winding. I wound some bobbins, but when I thought they could hold more, I made it. Well, the first bobbin I used in my machine gave me tension problems. I am positive it was because my bobbin was too full. I changed it to another bobbin wound by the Sidewinder but just not as full, and my tension problem disappeared. So, I recommend the Sidewinder.

bakermom
June 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

i've heard good things about those point turners. Not at all familiar wiith the cutter but I do love my Sidwinder

sewbizzy
June 20th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the info...I have been thinking about getting a sidewinder...will look into the loop turner and thread cutter..

mithun86
July 4th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Helpful review no doubt! Quick-Cut thread cutter is really necessary equipment i know. Thanks for your short review Madam Polo..

nurrsey
July 4th, 2012, 08:27 PM
I have wondered about a bobbin winder but then I think do I really need another toy when my machine does that? But I always check them out when I see them on sale. Thanks for the toy reviews!!

Nanaof2
July 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Good to know, sounds like I need a thread cutter!