• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blondie
    Missouri Star
    • May 2010

Oh Boy, it's Monday!

Good Morning, Folksies!!

It's Monday, it's summer time, what's not to be happy about?

Yesterday was a pleasant day. Son number 2 showed up at his sister's for a short while. Not long enough for me but it was good to see his sweet face. I have finally determined it is allergies that have been plaguing me. I think I am allergic to one of my sister's dog's fur. He really needs a bath and is shedding like crazy. He also loves me exceedingly because I am the playmate. When Charlie sees me coming he knows he is

a. gonna get some goodies, ie biscuits or a bone
    b. play ball

He is a rescue dog - shepherd mix and is not easy to bathe. Yet. I say yet because once I figured out it was Charlie, I threatened to bring bucket and water myself. I can't take much more of this itching, eyes etc. It has been miserable. And I don't want to deprive myself of his wonderful company. He looks a lot like the pup above, a bit older, and just a lot dirtier. LOL.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Prayers being said, hugs all around for all who need them.
    Sewing mends the soul.
    sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

• Jean Sewing Machine
    Missouri Star
    • Jan 2012

Re: Oh Boy, it's Monday!

The doggie reminded me of our doggie woes as a result of being away from them for a week. One DD has two, and one of them stopped eating and was just laying around sleeping all the time. A trip to the vet didn't disclose anything specific, just jaw pain. This poor pup is on the couch on pain pills. The other DD has three, and they went to the kennel for the week. Apparently they had some unresolved sibling rivalry issues, which they continuted at home (the dogs, not the kids, they had this too!). Poor DD was trying to rest and the dogs jumped on the bed and started to fight, with her under the snarling pile. They scratched her face up good! Now, she gets to go to work today and explain why she looks like the Yeti at Animal Kingdom got the better of her! She lives in Animal Kingdom, because the dogs rule at their house!

Comment

• buckeyequilter
      Missouri Star
      • Jan 2012

Good morning...

What a cute puppy.

I'm getting ready to start work but thought I'd pop in here and see what's going on Got DH's curtains made yesterday...now have to do my brother's quilt...but I'm ready to give the camo a break for a couple of weeks.

I think when I get home - I'm just going to relax and work on my spiderweb quilt.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day...prayers and hugs to all.
      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

• MRoy
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2011

Good morning! I like dogs, but not in the house. I've always lived in the country and had farm pets instead of house pets. Our dogs sleep in the shop where the temperature is comfortable year round and they have food and water available 24/7 so they're well cared for, just not in the house.

It back to work today for me. I hope everyone has a great start to the week.
        *~* Myrna *~*
        *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

• Monique
          Missouri Star
          • Jan 2011

Blondie, I too am allergic to dogs and cats.

Today will be spent packing for both hubby and I. He flies out west and I head to Kingston in the morning. I get to pack cleaning supplies and the like.

Not much time in between for sewing. I tried to at least cut the strips I need for the swap, but I could not even get into that.

So that is what my day holds.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

• cyndiofthevortex
            Missouri Star
            • Oct 2011

What to do today...what to do today. I've been busy making quilt tops and I think today I should piece some backs for them. Binding used to be the worst part of making a quilt for me but I've learned to love the binding. Well, just not hate it. Now it's piecing the back that I dread. I know there are giant wide fabrics out there but I'm on a spending diet and I do want to use up what I have here anyway. So that might be my day, doing some errands, checking some chores off my to-do list and making some backs so that those quilts can get quilted, bound and finished. I don't want to add to my list of UFOs but I do so love to make quilt tops.

May you all have a wonderful day full of peace.
            Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Comment

• Blondie
              Missouri Star
              • May 2010

yikes, Jean, that sounds painful! I wouldn't want to be in the top, middle or bottom of that fur fight. Hope she heals fast from those scratches.
              Are you rested up enough yet?
              Blessings
              Sewing mends the soul.
              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

• Bubby
                Missouri Star
                • Jun 2011

Good Morning,

Blondie, what a darling puppy picture. I hope you are able to get you allergies under control soon. It's amiserable way to live.

I have to go the doctor today for labs for my diabetes (A1C) and a lipid panel. Wouldn't you think they could give me a morning appointment since I have to schedule weeks in advance? I have to be there at 12:15 without anything to eat since last night around 70. I control my diabetes with diet and exercise and not having food in the morning can be very bad. The last time they made me wait this far into the day I passed out at WalMart. Luckily I have girlfriends that work there and they new I was diabetic. The quality of medical care in this area is pathetic. I asked if I could come in early and have my blood drawn and come back for my appointment (even though I live in d different town) and the answer was a big NO because the doc needs to see me before she will put an order for the blood work in the computer. The little nurse would have done it for me, but the doc has rules!! It's all about $$$$. Sorry for the rant!!

Thank you all for the nice comments about the Luna Notte quilt. I'm so glad it's done. My last three quilts have all been kings and I have two more to make, but not necessarily next. There are still a few UFO's I want to finish, but I've really made a dent in them.

Did anyone catch the very end of the US Open last night when the guy in a bird suit pushed his way in front of the camera and starting making loud bird noises!! It was a hoot!!

We are supposed to have a very hot and humid week. This is our night to mow...if all goes well today.

I hope you all have a good Monday. I'll check in later...Hugs, Barb
                sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

• ginampls
                  The Guild President
                  • Sep 2009

Good Morming All. sorry i have been missing in action. i have been down withsummer cold plus working. oh yeah i get to work today too. I really do like thee job. its my schedule that i don't like. always different never the same...but i have a job, and i am glad for that.

okay going to check on other things here. have a great day everyone...
                  all the best
                  Gina

Comment

• DCM
                    The Guild President
                    • Nov 2011

Our shedding beagle gets groomed today -- the groomer comes to the house which is really nice. Costs more but it's worth it to not have to crate him up and haul him somewhere. With my bad back and his stubbornness we'd never manage to give him a bath in the bathtub. I'm going to my favorite local quilt shop this morning to repin a quilt -- started quilting it and kept getting puckers on the back -- I either stretched the backing too much or not enough when I pinned it the first time so I took out the three rows of quilting I had already done and all the pins. I was hoping to finish it today so this is a bit of a setback but I want it to be done right. Hope everyone has a good Monday!

P.S. Barb -- I did catch the end of the US Open -- my DH was watching it every step of the way. Bet that guy was in a lot of hot water for disrupting the interview.
                    Dawn
                    A bed without a quilt is like a sky without stars.

Comment

• auntiemern
                      Missouri Star
                      • Mar 2012

Can ya believe I am up this early. Only one reason for this, baby sitting. So sorry for your daughter Jean. That is just terrible. Good luck at the docs this morning Barb. And Blondie get those allergies under control. Hoping to get a little quilting done done today. Gonna bring Bubby up here while the girls are in school. I'll be back later. Have a blessed and fulfilling day all.
                      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
                      sigpic

Comment

• GrammaBabs
                        Missouri Star
                        • Aug 2010

Morning to all... am skipping WA for a while to see if it's aggravating my hip.... will do my regular visit to pool later... Finally we will have some summer!!!! going to 90 this week...it's been only 70 and under up until now...i'm sure i'll be complaining within 2 days, but the sun feels so good on my body!!!
                        B,, i wish you lived here... we've got such nice docs and nurses,,, all in one mini medical center.. they go out of their way to make appts. that are conveninet... i had a heart echo,,, then a mammo... they are same floor,,, opposite sides... did the heart... went to the other side... checked in at mammo... i was over hr. early.. but told her no problem, i was waiting... she called out back... said, we can put you in in just a few... soon as my butt hit the chair... she called my name... the people there treat you like your on a Cruise or in Disney.... honest... maybe it pays to live in "Taxachusetts"... LOL
                        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

• brittyboo07
                          The Guild President
                          • Jan 2012

Morning! So nice to be back here!

Blondie I am right there with you! I think I am developing an allergy to our cats. I can hardly see the screen this morning. Took two allergy pills this morning already. That dog in the pic is so cute!!!

Jean I hope your daughter is alright!

I am getting back into the swing of things around here this morning. This place looks like a tornado hit it while I was away. I have a ton of laundry to do so I figure I will get a load going and then start working on some blocks that are late!

Everyone have a good day and I will check in with ya later!
                          Britt

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                            Missouri Star
                            • Dec 2010

Allergies, dog hair, dust and dirt, bananas, taxes, sweets . . . all things I avoid and yet our DeeOGee sheds more than any animal should - daily.

Anyone notice that Britt is back!! Yeah. Now if we just hear from Shauna and Gayle . . . hate it when people fade away and I wonder if all is okay with them. So don't anyone leave on vacation without being able to check in now and then. And BTW who has heard from Deb - she moved to WVa and fall off the radar. Hope all is well with her. Patticakes from IL has been missing for a while, too. I am sure there are others - like to hear what's going on with everyone - just nosy, I guess.

Blondie what is the latest on your tree collage? Marilyn - know how you feel with the kids - although I don't have them as often as you - there are more of them and at least two days this week will be consumed by helping Mom out. I would love to spend all my type sewing though.

Today's mission? Cleaning the living room. I keep stepping on toys and building blocks and they are all going to the trash or at least to the family room. I did get the kitchen, dining room, bedroom, 2 bathrooms and hallway cleaned well yesterday. I leave you with the corner of my dining room where the sun was beautifying everything last night.

OldWashStand (Large).jpg
                            Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                            it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• CrazyMtnLady
                              Missouri Star
                              • Dec 2011

Good morning all.
                              Dog and cat fights are not a good thing to be in the middle of. They can be pretty vicious!

Britt glad to have you back with us.

I tried sleeping in this morning but Grumpy woke up and is a total bear this morning. I just smiled sweetly and told him to hold his horses and I would rub his feet and get his coffee in a minute. Barb, you are a diabetic does anyone rub your feet everyday? The doctor here said it was the best thing I could do for him, so now "It's my JOB".

So glad it is Monday... my check should be here anyday now. Woohoo, new machine here I come!

Hugs and prayers.
                              Donna
                              MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X