PDA

View Full Version : I thought I would be happy today......

Klasien
June 18th, 2012, 04:50 AM
My daughter is stuck in Chicago.....not coming to Amsterdam today......

I am not happy!

This morning at 4 am we got a call, she had a delay out of Detroit and missed her transatlantic flight.
She is sad, missing her mommy.....alone at the airport in the middle of the night.
I hope she can get a flight out today, fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!

Divine Daisy
June 18th, 2012, 06:26 AM
oh no! fingers crossed for today!

Winniesfriend
June 18th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Fingers and toes crossed - tomorrow will be a better day

Musical_Starling
June 18th, 2012, 06:40 AM
There's nothing fun about being stuck at an airport :( Fingers crossed that she gets out soon and is on her way to momma!

madampolo
June 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I understand how you feel. She'll be home today, and soon!

Blondie
June 18th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Oh No! Eyes, toes and fingers crossed. It's a long flight to begin with.
Hope you get to hold her soon.

Bubby
June 18th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Oh, no! Hopefully today will be the day! Hugs to the anxious Mom! (((Hugs)))

cyndiofthevortex
June 18th, 2012, 08:22 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this news! I hope you're both able to keep your spirits up. God has a plan for everything but he doesn't always tell us what it is. I hope your daughter is in your arms very soon.

Monique
June 18th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Sorry to hear, but she is coming home!!!!! Yippee!!

Lenie
June 18th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Dat is echt niet leuk Klasien, je wacht nu al zo lang. Maar hopelijk sluit je haar nu snel in je armen!

auntiemern
June 18th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Fingers and toes crossed. You will still get to see her, just a little delay.

buckeyequilter
June 18th, 2012, 09:16 AM
So sorry to hear this...hopefully she'll be home soon :)

Sandy Navas
June 18th, 2012, 10:31 AM
So frustrating - there is always something that messes with the best laid plans. Her arrival will be another day sweeter though. Hug her for all of us.

Carolyn23
June 18th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Hey, I'm in Chicago! If she needs a place to sleep tonight, I'd love to pick her up and hang out with her. My husband left for the east coast this morning, my kids and grandkids are vacationing out west so it's just me and the dog. I'd love the company!

CrazyMtnLady
June 18th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Oh dear. I do hope she is on a plane as I type this and on her way home to your hugs!

brittyboo07
June 18th, 2012, 11:25 AM
prayers going up!

GrammaBabs
June 18th, 2012, 11:46 AM
She'll make it i just know... that's a bad bump in the road for you.. but hang in there... disapointment like this is hard to handle,,, but she's on her way.... again.. hang in... sew some strips together or something.....

NanaB
June 18th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I am so sorry about the delay. I know you are all disappointed. She will be home soon, though.

Klasien
June 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM
She will be out of Chicago tonight!!!!
After a delay of more then 24 hours she will leave the USA at 06:15 pm......Chicago time......she will arrive in Amsterdam tomorrow morning!!!!

I made some things this afternoon to stay awake (I am awake from 4 am our time)....I am so tired, but not as tired as she must be.....she is awake from sundaymorning till now.....few more hours waiting ahead of her, 9 hour flight and then: She is back!!!!!!

I made two pillow cases to match the quilt top I made this weekend........just to keep my mind off of things....;)

Thanks for all the nice and super sweet comments!!!!!!

buckeyequilter
June 18th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I love those :)

So glad your daughter is finally going to be going home. Maybe she can catch up on her sleep during the flight and I hope you get some sleep tonight too.

KerriS
June 18th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Oh, Klasien

I know exactly how you feel... My elder daughter had her exchange-year from Aug.06 until Jun.07.. She's been in Wolcott,Ct.
Fortunately she had no delay like that (in fact her plane home was 15 min early) But one more day to wait must be awful.
I bursted into tears when the aircraft appeared on the runway, and THEN the waiting began.. it took years for the plane to get to the terminal.
When the passengers left the aircraft, we got a short glimpse of her.. but her luggage must have been the first, that was loaded, because she was nearly the last to come out of the customs. THAT time really has cost me more patience than the whole ten months before.
That is a moment, you'll never ever forget in your life.. I was crying harder then at her departure.. It is such an unbelievable feeling of happiness.. soo wonderful.
While writing these lines, I again have fat goosebumps on my whole body and my eyes are a little wet.

So for tomorrow I wish you and your family the happiest day.. hug your girl .. and in the following days get to know each other again.. she will have changed.. even smells different.. frightening, exciting and wonderful.

Our Annika had an american accent in her german for several months after she came home.. lol

consider yourself hugged.

madampolo
June 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I am in the Central Time Zone, too. It is 4:00 now, so she still has a couple of hours to go. She'll sleep on the plane and it will make her flight home quick. There is no place like home!! I know how I felt when my daughter came home from her year in Leipzig, Germany.

GrammaBabs
June 18th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I really like this color combo... you bring it home every time!!!! Glad you kept busy... it won't be long.. hang in there..
She will be out of Chicago tonight!!!!
After a delay of more then 24 hours she will leave the USA at 06:15 pm......Chicago time......she will arrive in Amsterdam tomorrow morning!!!!

I made some things this afternoon to stay awake (I am awake from 4 am our time)....I am so tired, but not as tired as she must be.....she is awake from sundaymorning till now.....few more hours waiting ahead of her, 9 hour flight and then: She is back!!!!!!

I made two pillow cases to match the quilt top I made this weekend........just to keep my mind off of things....;)

Thanks for all the nice and super sweet comments!!!!!!