PDA

View Full Version : Rain....

buckeyequilter
June 17th, 2012, 05:11 PM
We are getting some much needed rain!!! Our gardens will love it :)

We had showers off an on...then a downpour and now more showers. DH said it's supposed to rain most of the night.

auntiemern
June 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
So happy your getting some of that much needed rain. We got a good amount last night.

madampolo
June 17th, 2012, 05:52 PM
After last year's drought in Texas, we have been blessed with rain this year. I really do understand what it means to be needing rain! The only problem I have with rain is the weeds that spring up afterwards!

cyndiofthevortex
June 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Here in NH this week we're getting the hot, hot temps some of you had last week. I don't want to start running the air but three days of 90 plus heat might make me break them out. Enjoy your rain!

Bubby
June 17th, 2012, 05:54 PM
We got some rain last night...much needed here also! Actually we had a popping electrical storm and I got up in the middle of the night to pull plugs. :)

buckeyequilter
June 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Last year it rained all spring and most of the summer...then we had an extremely mild winter and now drought conditions...hopefully this weather will get it's act together soon. I told DH that we can go from spring to fall, for all I care, it's been HOT this spring.

DCM
June 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
We had a little bit of rain last night -- just 1/2 inch -- but it's very hot and humid again today and we desperately need more rain -- send yours this way when you've had enough!

Winniesfriend
June 17th, 2012, 07:18 PM
We have drizzling rain here in South Australia, it is winter, but hubby is working outside to reinstall part of the back verandah which he removed because it had been leaking so please stop raining during the day so hubby can finish it.

Genny
June 17th, 2012, 09:49 PM
We got 1 1/2 inches yesterday and last night and our grass greened up over night. Looks beautiful out!

stitching woman
June 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Please send that rain our way! I think I can see China through the cracks in my yard.

SuzyQue
June 17th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I agree! Please send some rain our way......soon! The storms either stop at the border of Kansas and Missouri or they head north or south of us. We need some moisture desperately! The corn and soybeans have already been affected. Peach trees have now dropped all the new little fruit. The grass is crunchy and brown like August. The trees are hurting. The cracks are deep and wide. With temps in the 90's, the inch we got is long gone! We only had that one inch in the last 2 months! Please send rain!