PDA

View Full Version : Quilters shoulders and neck

Divine Daisy
June 17th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I have been quilting all day in order to get the 'no trouble' bird quilt finished. I have echo quilted round birds, flowers and clouds. Stitched in the ditch for the checkerboard borders and now just have some sort of losenge FMQ to do between the flowers on the flower border. The wadding I am using needs to be quilted at least 3" apart and the flowers are about 9 inches apart. This is the first time I have used this wadding and I have to say I really love it! It needles so nicely and is light as air. It still has a little loft which is nice, all it all it is a delight to work with, except................

My awful posture while quilting! Oh my! I sit so hunched, always have done, and no matter how hard I try to relax my shoulders and neck I soon find myself in that Quasimodo stance again.

So I have had to leave it for today otherwise I wont be able to move at all tomorrow and Mr D needs stuff doing before he goes back to hospital on tuesday.

I neeeeeeeeeeeed a message lol

auntiemern
June 17th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I know what you mean. I start out relaxed and the next thing you know it, I am all tensed up, and every inch of me is in agony. Take a break, and take care of Stewarts needs for now.

cyndiofthevortex
June 17th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I am right there with you! I've been doing a lot of sewing and my neck and shoulders are killing me. Jonas has been on massage duty for the past few days. He hasn't complained or anything. I hope you'll be better soon. Lots of people on here recommend a glass of wine with sewing but I don't drink! Pepsi doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Sandy Navas
June 17th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Wish my masseuse would fit in a box and I'd send him to you (except the customs duty would probably break the bank). Hugs - sure know how you feel.

Bubby
June 17th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Daisy...I'm in Quasimodo stance right now myself and also my right hand is a claw from hours of hand stitching binding! We should thaw out by tomorrow! Your quilt sounds awesome! I hope you are both having a great day...:)

Divine Daisy
June 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Wish my masseuse would fit in a box and I'd send him to you (except the customs duty would probably break the bank). Hugs - sure know how you feel.

Oh Sandy! I meant to tell you, we got a letter yesterday and they have refunded the customs duty in full. thanks for your help!

CrazyMtnLady
June 17th, 2012, 07:27 PM
OH, I know how bad you must be feeling. I get that way at times too.

Winniesfriend
June 17th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Your " no trouble" quilt sounds lovely. Hope you thaw out soon

BellasQuilts
June 17th, 2012, 09:19 PM
I say have one glass of wine to relax, no more or it could be dangerous and you'd be ripping stitches. Getting up frequrently and moving helps me too.

SuzyQue
June 17th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I like to use warm heat pads or rice bags on sore muscles. Works for me. I know I don't take breaks often enough when I finally get time to sit and sew.

auntiemern
June 18th, 2012, 02:01 AM
My problem is I have a har time putting a project down. Once I start on one I want it done yesterday. I do the same thing when I read, If I start a book I cannot stop until it is finished. I guess patience is not one of my virtues,