PDA

View Full Version : Emily's and Sarah's day!

janluna
June 15th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I stayed with Sarah Thursday while Emily had another bone marrow biopsy. Poor Emily had to go through it four times today as the first one wasn't done right. She was in quite a bit of pain afterwards. They gave her a big shot of Morphine and then sent her home with pain killers. She was as white as a sheet when she came home. We don't have the results yet on what they found in that, or the blood draw they did. So we wait to see. She got drilled 4 times and what usually takes 20 to 30 minutes took an hour. They had a new DR. that really didn't know what she was doing. I don't know if you know what you go through to have one of these but it's not pretty! It took Joe, Heather, a nurse, and the Doctor to hold Em down. While she won't remember the pain she sure jumps around when the drill, and I mean a real drill, is used on her.
Sarah received her quilt Thursday. She is crazy about it! She wrapped herself up in it and said " I feel so loved, this is so beautiful." Then she opened the gift that Ruby sent. Oh my Goodness, she went crazy! She said "I can't believe it! First my quilt and now the doll I been asking Mama for." "This is the best day of my life!!!!!" I took the doll out of the box while a quilt covered Sarah impatiently waited. Once she had the doll, she sat on the couch, rewrapped herself and the doll in her quilt and was quiet for almost an hour. If you knew Sarah, you would know that "quiet" is not in her vocabulary! lol. When Emily came in she ran to tell her about the quilt and the doll. Once Em got settled, I gave her the present Ruby and Don sent her. She opened her pkg. and her face lit up! "Wow, Mom look at what Miss Ruby sent me." It was a totally cool tote with a pencil case inside. Em opened the case and exclaimed, " Wow, Pens!!! I really needed some for school." Then she sat there and hugged the tote and the pens and case. She was very pleased. It brought back some color to her face. Thank you Ruby!!!! After that, we sent her to bed so she could rest from her ordeal. When I went to kiss her goodbye she was still hugging her tote.
Again, we don't have enough words for the blessings you all have bestowed on us. Thank you.
Sarah's quilt is so pretty! The gifts Ruby and Don sent were very very appreciated!! And the chocolate covered macadamias are being hoarded in mine and Heathers rooms!!!! LOL Ruby, you and Don did too much. Heather and Joe were just amazed at your generosity! Laura, got her gift when she came home from school so I didn't see what she got.
By the way, as soon as Emily woke up and got some food and the Morphine, she still took her violin and limped to the kids "playroom" and played her violin for them. She has such a heart of Gold.
I'll tell you about today later as Joe just brought dinner home so I didn't have to cook. Hugs, Jan L.

quilter.martha
June 15th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Oh the things little Em has has to go through. It breaks my heart, but her spirit is so strong. She encourages me and shames me at the same time! I pray for strength like hers if we ever have to face a tough road like you all have been going through. God bless all of you!

auntiemern
June 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I have only heard how terrible this must be. She is such a brave little girl. I must say that it is wonderful how Ruby, and Don have taken it upon themselves to do this for your family. They truly are special people, with a great deal of love to share. Prayers continue for Emily and the rest of your family.

Winniesfriend
June 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Thank you for sharing, it breaks your heart when any one especially children have to endure so much, Ruby and Don are very special people.

Leonie

Monique
June 15th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Brought tears to my eyes and I can only imagine what it did you all. How wonderful of Ruby and Don to have done that. They are truly wonderful people.

Blessing to you all.

Sandy Navas
June 15th, 2012, 09:21 PM
There us so much strength in the Luna family - God give them the strength to continue facing whatever lies ahead of them - and healing for our very special Emily. Everyone on the board knows love for her. I feel like Martha - I only wish I were as strong.

K. McEuen
June 15th, 2012, 09:49 PM
This is a lot like being on a never-ending merry-go-round. I can imagine you all are more than ready to get off. I hope that the doctors can come to a solution soon for Emily's and all your sake. That child must have a huge spirit to keep going the way she does. Thoughts and prayers going out to the whole family.

CrazyMtnLady
June 16th, 2012, 10:50 AM
No child should have to endure that kind of pain. I know we are not to question Why? God has his reasons for everything.
I pray for Emily everyday. She is such a brave girl. Whenever I start complaining of my aches and pains, I think of what she is going through and tell myself to stop acting like a baby! She gives me strength.
God Bless Ruby and Don for what they do. There are so many wonderful, caring people on this forum that make the world a brighter place.

BellasQuilts
June 16th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Jan thank you for the update. Ruby and Don are awesome. Glad to hear that while she is going through this awful process she is staying strong. Always in my prayers. M

MRoy
June 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Jan, Emily and your entire family are examples to all of us of real courage, faith, and determination. Thank you for sharing these updates with us. Emily and your family are in my prayers.

HandsOffItsMine
June 16th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Jan, we're so sorry that Emily's Doctor had such a hard time doing the procedure. That Joe and Heather be part of the team to hold her down is torture to the parents soul, we know we have been there with Kat when she had to have spinal taps.

Em's spirit and love for the other children on the ward is amazing. Don and I have felt a special connection with Emily from the beginning when we met Jan/Joe Sr and their family. Then little Sarah and Laura joined in to make the Three Dolphins, Three Hula Girls, Three Pinguins, etc. :)

Laura got a Brave stamping set to keep if the theme as Sarah has the Marida doll of Brave. The movie comes out the 22nd - it's the next big Disney movie. We love Walt, Snow White still being my personal favorite.

We're happy that Emily and the girls liked their gifts as well as the adults. Don and I pray every day that Emily will be cured, I send healing light and thoughts her way, that her day will have less pain. She's in my thoughts several times throughout the day, especially when I'm doing something creative. Don't know why, it's just happens. There's a connection...

Anywhooo, love to all, prayers and huggers, Ruby and Don

middlesis1966
June 17th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Jan thanks for sharing. Everyone has been thru so much, continuing the prayers for her. All the gals here have a huge heart and its such a blessing to see this!