PDA

View Full Version : My Awesome Day Yesterday...

EnumclawGramma
June 15th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Yesterday was the big day! My middle son was a model in a "Surviving Cancer fashion show" for "Gilda's House". Each model was paired up with a clothing designer who made a custom creation specific to their model. This is a picture of him and his designer walking the catwalk at the end of the show. She made him an incredible leather jacket! It's his to keep....valued at over $3000. She loved working with him because he's over 6' tall and has a wonderful build, perfect for a model. This was (of course) a fundraiser for Gilda's House, a place for Cancer patients and their families to go for support. They were celebrating their 10th year in Seattle. All the models are Cancer survivors. This was just an amazing day with some wonderful people!

cyndiofthevortex
June 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
These pictures make me smile! Looks like you had a great day full of love and laughter.

quiltingtrish
June 15th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Wow - and such a handsome young man too! And he gets to keep the coat - that's awesome.
It looks like everyone had a lot of fun.

Hugs,

CrazyMtnLady
June 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Looks like he was having a blast! Love those shoes he is wearing. The coat is awesome.

lilmouse
June 15th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Awesome pictures...love the jacket and the model isn't bad either!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 15th, 2012, 10:28 AM
He looks great! What a wonderful day for you all!

EnumclawGramma
June 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
A little bit about this kid: He was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma 3 years ago. He was 32 at the time. He has not missed a day of work, rides a Harley to work (even in the snow and rain), he's been to Amsterdam, Paris, Germany, went on an Alaska cruise this month and then to S.C. to spend a week with his girlfriend and her family, has time for a large group of wonderful friends and girlfriend, he's on an "experimental drug" that's been approved by the FDA since he was put on it, is one of about 100 people in the country that it's still working for and for the longest period of time (and there are other options on the horizon they are getting VERY good results with), took trapeze lessons, jumped out of an airplane, went white water rafting....(and more!) all since his diagnosis. This young man is a shining example to everyone he comes in contact with as to how to live LIFE.

I guess you can tell....I'm proud of this young man!

madampolo
June 15th, 2012, 11:03 AM
My niece is a breast cancer survivor, and they held a fashion show in Austin in which she attended. It is wonderful to see these survivors! Congratulations to you son for being one of them, too!

HandsOffItsMine
June 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Libby, it brings tears to my eyes to read how he's "living" his life! Just wonderful! As a Uteran cancer survivor at 37, that's what it is about. Battle the disease and enjoy life.

Your son is not only handsome but a fighter and an inspiration to others!

Huggers, Ruby

pcbatiks
June 15th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Libby, You have every right to be extremely proud of your son. He has a great smile...it made me smile as soon as I saw the picture. Looks like he had a wonderful day and for very important cause! Congratulations to both of you!

auntiemern
June 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM
How proud you must be. He looks as happy as a clam. So happy for both you. Great event for a great cause.

auntiemern
June 15th, 2012, 02:53 PM
You have every reason to be proud of your young man. He is a testament to survivors. Half of what he has accomplished, I wouldn't even dream of doing. God Bless your young man, and you for making him what he is.
A little bit about this kid: He was diagnosed with Stage 4 Melanoma 3 years ago. He was 32 at the time. He has not missed a day of work, rides a Harley to work (even in the snow and rain), he's been to Amsterdam, Paris, Germany, went on an Alaska cruise this month and then to S.C. to spend a week with his girlfriend and her family, has time for a large group of wonderful friends and girlfriend, he's on an "experimental drug" that's been approved by the FDA since he was put on it, is one of about 100 people in the country that it's still working for and for the longest period of time (and there are other options on the horizon they are getting VERY good results with), took trapeze lessons, jumped out of an airplane, went white water rafting....(and more!) all since his diagnosis. This young man is a shining example to everyone he comes in contact with as to how to live LIFE.

I guess you can tell....I'm proud of this young man!

sewbizzy
June 15th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Libby, congratulations to your son...how wonderful he looked at the fashion show...good luck to him in all he attempts...
Carol

bkthomas
June 15th, 2012, 03:37 PM
What a Handsome and Awesome son you have!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Monique
June 15th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Libby, way to go. You have raised a very wonderful young man, despite his cancer. Kudos to you and him too of course.

Winniesfriend
June 16th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Thank you for sharing your sons story and the photos, you have every right to be proud of him.

Leonie