PDA

View Full Version : Look What I can do now :)

auntiemern
June 15th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Thanks to my brainiac sis Rhonda I now understand how the heck to change my siggy and my posts. She did my siggy for me, cuz I just was not getting what she was telling me to do. Then BAM. I finally got it. I am so very proud of her for being able to teach me, of all people, to do this. But then she does have a masters degree in education. I was so proud of her when she graduated from one of the most highly regarded universities in Missouri. I was so looking forward to going to the ceremony and see her get her diploma, but that was not to be. I was in the hospital with Bubby after he had to have emergency surgery to remove his shunt system because he had developed a raging staph infection. DD and I were there with him around the clock for 3 weeks. It was during this time that the ceremony was to take place. But I did not get to miss seeing her in her cap and gown. She came to the hospital to visit, and I was waiting at the elevators for her. There she was in her cap and gown because she did not want me, her big sister, to have missed it. All I could do was cry. She and I have a special bond. I practically raised her when she was very young. I was her second mom, as much as being her big sister. Thanks Rhonda for being able to teach this old dog a new trick. I love you :)

Rhonda D. Matzker
June 15th, 2012, 01:03 AM
Thank you sis for making me tear up, you hussy. LOL

Yes, we do have a special bond and always will despite what others have said to me in the past. You ARE my sister and nothing will ever change the love that I have for you in my heart. In a way I am glad you were not able to make it to my graduation that day, because the temp was 40 degrees and very windy and you would have gotten sick.

I love you more than you will ever know or that I could ever express.

nurrsey
June 15th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Do share....how do ou get the colors, fonts and pics? Love your Marilyn!

sewbizzy
June 15th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Yes, please share...I just this evening followed the directions that Sandy gave me a few days ago...but I can't figure out how to get the colors, fonts and pics either....please help!!! thanks in advance

nurrsey
June 15th, 2012, 01:24 AM
PS Rhonda....congrats on your recent graduation!!

Rhonda D. Matzker
June 15th, 2012, 02:00 AM
I cannot give specific directions on here as you wouldn't see them. However, if you look at the bottom of this page where it says "Posting Permissions", click on the blue link BB Code. It will take you to a page that will explain how to do this.

Below are links to pages with color names and some font names that you can use (not all fonts and colors will work). when you go to post something go to the advanced screen so that you can preview your post to make sure you did it correctly. If a code you typed in actually shows up in the post then you more than likely have a space in the code or did not put the ending code at the end of your post.

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp
http://www.wavian.com/font-list.html (go to bottom of page for the list that you can highlight individual font names)

Okay, for your signature you would input the same codes for the font and color you want to use. Below the box where you type your signature there is a box where you can upload a photo. After you upload your photo click in the signature box at very top or the bottom of your signature so that the cursor is there and not in the signature line. Then go back down to the photo box and click insert photo.

If you need help you can message me on yahoo IM username is punkywoman1972@yahoo.com

buckeyequilter
June 15th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Nice job!
A few years ago I designed websets and learned HTML when I was doing that - this is just a little different but not much.

CrazyMtnLady
June 15th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I think it would be so much nicer if they would put the smilies tab, and font tab back on here. It makes it so much easier for us non-techies.

Sandy Navas
June 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I love you all but do find the different colors and text styles annoying. Sorry - just how I see it.

SuzyQue
June 15th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I have to agree with Sandy on this one....but I love the special signature lines that everyone is including!

auntiemern
June 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
I don't plan on using it with my posts, was just excited that I finally could make my signature better.
I love you all but do find the different colors and text styles annoying. Sorry - just how I see it.

Sandy Navas
June 15th, 2012, 03:51 PM
That's okay, Marilyn - I just thought I should say something or else everyone would be doing it and then I'd have no place to hang my stupid hat every day.

Hugs to all - ESPECIALLY Miss Rhonda!!!!

bkthomas
June 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Marilyn and Rhonda, you remind me of my baby seester and I. We are 12 years apart and we have been on the outs a time or two but there is nothing that can come between us permanently. She is in Hi. right now for 3 years, but we talk all the time.