PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please

Lonna
June 14th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I know that I am new here but I would like to ask you all to please keep my Husband in your prayers tomorrow. He was told that he has stage 3 lung cancer the Monday before Thanksgiving. He has been through 40 radiation treatments so far and 7 chemo treatments. Tomorrow we are to go and see a surgeon in New Orleans to see if surgery is an option. His Doctors with Mary Bird Perkins cancer center do not think that they will be able to do surgery as the cancer tumor is right next to his windpipe. Even with all the treaments he has been through so far the cancer still shows up hot on his cat scan. If they can not do surgery his cancer Doctor wants a biopsy done so he can pinpoint where to do intense raditation treatments. Dr. Lo says it will only be 7 of these treatments and they will be so strong that the others will seem like a walk through the park. So please keep him in your prayers tomorrow. Thank you all so much.

pcbatiks
June 14th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Lonna, I will be praying for you and your husband. Hope the two of you will feel the prayers tonight and tomorrow as you go through your day. Take Care.

CrazyMtnLady
June 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM
So sorry to hear what you are going through. I will keep your husband and you in my prayers. May God with you both tomorrow.

janluna
June 14th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Our prayers are with you for your husband and your family. God Bless you. Healing thoughts coming your way tonight and tomorrow and the days beyond that. Hugs, Jan L.

Sandy Navas
June 14th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Uplifting prayers for both of you as you walk down this scarey path. May you hear nothing but good words tomorrow.

MRoy
June 14th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Praying for your husband and for you. (((HUGS)))

lilmouse
June 14th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Sending prayers and hugs..((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))r ight now!

Auntpiggylpn
June 14th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming your way to you, your husband, your family and loved ones in this very frightening time. There is strength in numbers. . . we are here for you!

sewbizzy
June 15th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Prayers going out to your husband, you and your family tonight!!! Hoping for good news tomorrow!!! hugs
Carol

auntiemern
June 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Prayers coming your way. By the end of the evening you will have dozens of faithful quilters praying for you and your DH. Lord lift this couple into your caring arms and help them to get through this terrible time, Amen.

Rhonda D. Matzker
June 15th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Dear Lord, please lift this family up and give them the strength that they will need to make it through this difficult time. Keep Your hand upon this man and his family during this rough journey they are about embark upon. Lord we know that through You all things are possible. You are the Master Healer, the Best Friend, and Strongest Shoulder to cry on.

Donna F
June 15th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I'm praying for both of you!! Hugs for you both.

phoots
June 15th, 2012, 12:59 AM
New member or older member, all prayer requests are friends! Lonna I'm praying for you and your husband! Get some sleep tonight!! You are loved my many!!! (((((PRAYERS)))))))

Pam in Vegas

madampolo
June 15th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Houston's M.D. Anderson Cancer Hospital is world-reknown for their treatment. I am sure your husband is getting the best treatment, but just wanted to remind you of it as it is close to where you live (relatively). God speed to you and your husband!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 15th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Many prayers for your husband. Mine had brain cancer, and those visits to find the next step were so difficult, they take such a toll emotionally. Whatever the doctors decide can be done, my prayes are for a successful outcome and that the treatments won't be too harsh on him. It's a long, tough road, with you be his side, he'll be able to keep his positive outlook for a healthy future.

Blondie
June 15th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Lonna
Prayers just said and I will continue with them for both of you.
You are surrounded by folks who believe in prayer

buckeyequilter
June 15th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Sending prayers for your husband and you.

Monique
June 15th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Sorry to hear about your husband. I include my prayers as well.

Lonna
June 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Thank you all for your warm thoughts and prayers. They were just the words that I needed to hear this morning before we head down to New Orleans. I will be sure to keep you all posted as to the results of this visit. His appt this morning has been moved back a couple of hours which is fine with us so now at least we will not have to fight the rush hour traffic into the city. The heavy traffic just always undoes me every since I was hit head on by a drunk driver years ago. But the last couple of years I have gotten better at driving in it. Once again thank you all.

SuzyQue
June 15th, 2012, 11:42 AM
More prayers for your difficult situation. Be safe in that traffic, too.

quilter.martha
June 15th, 2012, 12:18 PM
What a difficult thing to be going through. I will keep you and your husband in my prayers. Please keep us informed as to progress. Hang in there, we are all pulling for you both.

MayinJerset
June 15th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Prayers coming your way. By the end of the evening you will have dozens of faithful quilters praying for you and your DH. Lord lift this couple into your caring arms and help them to get through this terrible time, Amen.

Adding my prayers for you and your DH that treatment, whether surgery or next radiation treatments kill the cancer. My DIL recently went through chemo for breast cancer and we got great news in time for Mother's Day that the breast tumor is gone! Hope your news is just as good. May in Jersey

Patrice
June 15th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Lord have Mercy..He is in my thoughts and prayers