PDA

View Full Version : I am staying calm.......no really I am!

Divine Daisy
June 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Following the 'Oh its no trouble' quilt orders, another one came in today! As some may remember I 'dress' a handmade furniture shop in the village. Cushions, table runners, throws.......quilts when I can get them done. Well I got a phone call today while I was out posting the pincushion to Blondie (I was gone about 7 minutes btw) and when I came back I got the message from Mr D that 'Kay called from your habadashery shop. Says can you make her an Olympic quilt to dress her window? I told her yes that would be...........(wait for it.....yep you are right).....NO TROUBLE AT ALL!'

So the Olympics are one month away, and I have another quilt added to the workbook. A quilt which will have to jump the queue in order to be done.

Just so you know, I am going to applique those bloody Olympic rings! There is no time (and little more inclination) to piece them. This man really needs to get well and back to work before he kills me with comissions!

K. McEuen
June 14th, 2012, 12:19 PM
You need to give the man a sewing set if he keeps this up.

pcbatiks
June 14th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Wow....I agree....you might need to put Mr D to work helping you :)

Monique
June 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Oh Daisy, you just crack me up and make my day. Now Stewart, on the other hand, should be put to work on these quilts that 'are no trouble'. Give him a 'gag order'. Not allowed to mention quilts at all. LOL!!

Have a wonderful day.

auntiemern
June 14th, 2012, 01:23 PM
So sorry that you have another 'no trouble' quilt to do. That being said the shop should have given you more than a months notice. And yes Stewart needs to STOP taking orders. Or pick up a needle and thread and learn how to sew. Thoughts, prayers, and hugs winging your way.

HandsOffItsMine
June 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM
lol, Alison, I had to explain to Kat why I laughing. Her response was "Stewart needs to learn to shut his trap hole or start quilting these quilts himself." roflol

Yes, the apple doesn't fall far from this tree! :) Don would have my boot up his (_|_) by the second "no trouble at all" statement. He normal response to everything is "Let's check with The Boss."

Kat knows all about Miss Daisy & Mr Daisy and prays for both of you - Also wants to kick your daughters (_|_)s by the way! And she is non-confrontational (sp?) so they really hit a nerve with her!! She wanted me to tell you "hello" but Mr. D better get his act in order :) - No more orders until Miss Daisy says the order book can take them in!!!

Huggers, Ruby

Sandy Navas
June 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Here's what you do - as Dad used to say - hog-tie and hobble him. Do not leave the house until you have tied him up so he can't get to the phone. Better yet, a needle and thread and sew his lips together. What a man. Gotta love him!!

Musical_Starling
June 14th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I know how to solve your problem!

Duct tape, and lots of it! Put about three layers to cover the area just below his nostrils and just above his chin :P There, no more orders! lol

sally
June 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM
22624...shows how to do it...LOL!

buckeyequilter
June 14th, 2012, 04:06 PM
My DH said he'd like to learn to do machine embroidery someday...to make cool patches....if he took "no trouble at all" orders - he'd be learning a whole lot sooner than someday. Good luck getting all your "no trouble" quilts finished :)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 14th, 2012, 04:32 PM
You had better perfect that pattern, because after people see your quilt in the shop window, they are all going to want them! That's why Mr. D was so enthusiastic for you to get a new sewing machine, he had PLANS for you!

Blondie
June 14th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I had to chuckle at this knowing that you are just as enthusiastic about the Olympics as you were the Queen's Jubilee.

Tell Stewart to learn some new vocabulary words? Or as my Mom would say, Stuff a sock in it. hehehe.

It will be perfect, I am certain.

csarina
June 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Tell Stewart that if he accepts any more orders for you without consultation you will set him to work on your new machine!! He is into computers that should keep him quiet for a bit.

BellasQuilts
June 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Stewart needs to learn how to applique and binding!

Divine Daisy
June 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
He has taken a vow of silence! He says his new , bestest phrase is........... I know nothingggggggggg

Donna F
June 14th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Shouldn't this thread be mixed with the other thread about men being unreasonable? LOL

bec
June 14th, 2012, 06:04 PM
[QUOTE=Divine Daisy;131820] I told her yes that would be...........(wait for it.....yep you are right).....NO TROUBLE AT ALL!'

That's so funny that you said the same thing that Mr. D says. You guys are really 2 of a kind - friendly, lovely, willing to help, type of people. That's why we love you so much!

Jenny Mulhall
June 14th, 2012, 06:09 PM
LOL! I hope Mr. D gets better very quickly or his poor, long-suffering wife may beat him unconscious with a heavy, ready-in-two-weeks, newly commissioned quilt! :)

Carolyn23
June 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Stay Calm and Quilt On.

CrazyMtnLady
June 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I was thinking....binding.... he could do the binding.

phoots
June 15th, 2012, 01:14 AM
Mrs. Daisy, I absolutely love reading threads from you!! You either make me laugh or cry...and sometimes both. When I cry out of sadness, I'm crying with you. When I laugh, and cry, I'm laughing with you. You make like so much fun!

Love to you both!!

Pam in Vegas

janluna
June 15th, 2012, 02:30 AM
I agree with having Stewart doing the binding. Of course by hand. Give him a job that is long and tedious. Maybe then he'll know just how much work you do. I'm with Ruby on this one. About everything including your DD's. Saying prayers for both of you everyday. Love and Hugs, Jan L.
P.S. You could change your phone number and not let him know what it is. That way people can't call him anymore. LOL

Rhonda D. Matzker
June 15th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Oh poor daisy. One thing you need to do is let the shop know that they should ask you directly about new projects and not your DH. You should also inform your hubby that he is should not to give anyone the impression that you would be willing to do any project without talking to you first and that it would be best if they were to speak to you directly.

With that said, I will pray for lightning speed for you and laryngitis for your husband.

Rhonda D. Matzker
June 15th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Oh poor daisy. One thing you need to do is let the shop know that they should ask you directly about new projects and not your DH. You should also inform your hubby that he is should not to give anyone the impression that you would be willing to do any project without talking to you first and that it would be best if they were to speak to you directly.

With that said, I will pray for lightning speed for you and laryngitis for your husband.

OMG!!! I feel like a complete and total ass. I did not know that your husband was in the hospital. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE forgive for being so stupid and inconsiderate of you and your husband. Talk about opening your mouth and inserting your foot.