PDA

View Full Version : Calla Lily finally blooming!!!

sewbizzy
June 12th, 2012, 12:40 PM
We have waited impatiently for these calla lillies to bloom...and a couple days ago they did...thought I would share...22525225262252722528...they are so beautiful...my dh and I call them "Johnny Jump-ups"...
Carol

Divine Daisy
June 12th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I love Calla Lillies, I carried red and orange ones at my wedding. These look delightful!

They are a b*gger to make in sugar craft, but I still used to make them a lot. Gave up cake decorating when I was diagnosed with diabetis. Seems you absorb sugar through your hands! No wonder I used to go nutty

CrazyMtnLady
June 12th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Your Calla Lily is beautiful. Someday I will get this property to the point where I can plant flowers and vegies. Right now it is mostly rocks.

Bubby
June 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Just beautiful!!! They remind me of my grandma Nan. Thanks for sharing....:)

auntiemern
June 12th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Oh my, aren't they just beautiful. Pa's flower has 3 more buds and can't wait for them to bloom.

Cathy F
June 12th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Beautiful! I had some burgandy ones but unfortunately I forgot to dig them up at the end of the season and they died. :(

Winniesfriend
June 12th, 2012, 10:25 PM
They are beautiful, thank you for sharing

Leonie

lawork1211
June 13th, 2012, 07:25 PM
I love Calla Lillies, I carried red and orange ones at my wedding. These look delightful!

They are a b*gger to make in sugar craft, but I still used to make them a lot. Gave up cake decorating when I was diagnosed with diabetis. Seems you absorb sugar through your hands! No wonder I used to go nutty

My mother and I just did a wedding cake with gum paste calla lillies this weekend. This was the first time with gum paste. The lillies were a piece of cake next to the peonies she wanted. WAY to many petals!!!!! But the brides family seemed to like them.

bkthomas
June 13th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! ...and yellow is my fav. color

Genny
June 13th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Calla Lillies are such beautiful flowers and your yellow ones are just stunning!