PDA

View Full Version : Connecting Threads

chrissherman
June 11th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Has anyone used the Connecting Threads cotton solids or their thread? My husband gave me a lecture that as cheap as it is, there much be a catch. Or that they are using places that employ child labor and so on and so on. I let him rant and decided to ask ya all about it...

Sewbee
June 11th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I have not used their cotton solids, but their Batiks are very nice, silky feel with beautiful colors and I do use their Egyptian Cotton threads which are great.

You can read the history and production values of Connecting Threads here at this link on their site:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfhelp/Index.cfm?type=ct&CSCatID=114&CSItemID=204

In particular, regarding their use of International Manufacturers they state this:

Our Manufacturing Partners

Connecting Threads has very high standards for the International manufacturers we choose to work with. Executives from Connecting Threads have visited each of our manufacturers' factories personally to ensure that their facilities and labor practices are in line with both Connecting Threads' and our customers' expectations. Specifically, Connecting Threads works only with manufacturers who:

Institute management practices that respect the rights of all employees
Provide a safe and healthy work place
Promote the health and well-being of all employees
Oppose the use of child labor
Have an active role in the positive development of their local community

We are so confident of these excellent conditions that we welcome any of our customers to visit these sites personally if ever in the area. Please contact Customer Service to get more information.

chrissherman
June 11th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I have not used their cotton solids, but their Batiks are very nice, silky feel with beautiful colors and I do use their Egyptian Cotton threads which are great.

You can read the history and production values of Connecting Threads here at this link on their site:

http://www.connectingthreads.com/cfhelp/Index.cfm?type=ct&CSCatID=114&CSItemID=204

In particular, regarding their use of International Manufacturers they state this:

Our Manufacturing Partners

Connecting Threads has very high standards for the International manufacturers we choose to work with. Executives from Connecting Threads have visited each of our manufacturers' factories personally to ensure that their facilities and labor practices are in line with both Connecting Threads' and our customers' expectations. Specifically, Connecting Threads works only with manufacturers who:

Institute management practices that respect the rights of all employees
Provide a safe and healthy work place
Promote the health and well-being of all employees
Oppose the use of child labor
Have an active role in the positive development of their local community

We are so confident of these excellent conditions that we welcome any of our customers to visit these sites personally if ever in the area. Please contact Customer Service to get more information.
Thanks so much :)

buckeyequilter
June 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I use their cotton thread and have purchased fabric from them and they have worked well for me.

nurrsey
June 11th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I am waiting for my first order to arrive from Connecting Threads, I wondered the same thing about the price of their fabric, but they have some really cute prints on there.

New York Sue
June 11th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I placed an order for a bumble bee print with contrasting fabric from the same line. Adorable. Very happy with quality of fabric, and shipping was as prompt as MSQ's. Clotilde takes FOREVER.... :(

K. McEuen
June 11th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I pretty much only use their thread now and all the fabric I've purchased from them has been great.

quilter.martha
June 12th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I have a quilt in progress made from Connecting Threads fabrics. I was a little leary based on their prices but decided to give them a try. I am pleased with the quality of fabric. I think the reason they can charge so little is that they aren't selling their fabric to retailers--we're getting it direct from them. Therefore the cost can be lower--no overhead and no middleman.

MarianneK
June 12th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I have used their thread but did not like it. I found it too linty. I'm on my last spool and can't wait to use it up. No experience with their fabric.

Bubby
June 12th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I buy all my thread from Connecting Threads....love the Egyptian cotton! Their fabrics are pretty good - not quite the grade I get from a quilt shop. They have great clearance sales and quite often put batting on sale 40% off. They are good people to do business with and have been in business for many years. :)

Momofmonsters5
June 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
I bought there fabric and I thought the quality was great. The only site I learned the hard way where my screen distorted the color great prices but I had to use the fabric for different quilts but know I have a reference for color!

chrissherman
June 12th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks for everyone's helpful input! :)

Blondie
June 12th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I have not had one bit of complaining about their thread or fabric. Big thumbs up for them

chrissherman
June 13th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I have not had one bit of complaining about their thread or fabric. Big thumbs up for them

Thank you!