PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's here

Blondie
June 10th, 2012, 08:54 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/275282595942614259_L5TWAlto_f.jpg

Happy Sunday Folksies!
Haven't been up too terribly long; just long enough to have a cup of coffee with hubs while walking around the back yard, looking at what's coming up, blooming, needing to be picked, sigh. Only good thing about summer for me is the fresh veggies. The rest of summer weather can pretty much be given away to any of you that enjoy the heat. And of course everything that goes with heat.
Since I cannot escape summer, I do what I must do to make myself happy. My lil family plans cook outs for weekly get togethers. We play cards in the backyard, horse shoes and after all that the real fun and games start. I call it tick picking. Good gracious this has been a ticky season so far. I am for real! We normally find one or two a season. It has become a daily ritual. Oy. I reckon I need to go purchase some Deep Woods.

Well, sisters I see that once again we are in sync with each other as to our getaways and getting lost. I dont think I know a woman alive who would not like some personal time all alone, no interruptions, no phone, no kids, no man, just movies, music, fabric and a good machine.

Off to read what's up and then get going for the day. I am having the clan over today for pulled pork bar b q. Sis is bringing her slaw. Yum.

Bubby
June 10th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Good Morning,

It's overcast this morning and we have our fingers crossed that we get rain. We have had less than one inch all year...this is terrible. Miss Molly had an adventure this morning and not a good one....she fell into a rather deep hole and DH had to go in after her. Luckily the hole was fairly well cushioned on the bottom with dead leaves. Both DH and Molly had to head for the shower right away because they were covered with pollen. Molly said that's no way for a Scotty girl to start her day! DH agrees.....

We've had a busy weekend and today we have to mow. If the sun stays covered up that will be a good deal.

Have to run....the mower is warmed up and waiting.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! Barb

Monique
June 10th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Good morning Blondie. Guess we were on at the same time. I was waiting for you. LOL!!

Can't wait to get home and in my own bed.

I can be at your place in two-three days at the most, maybe just in time for next week's BBQ. Have a wonderful day, friend.

MRoy
June 10th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Good morning! Blondie be careful of the ticks. I'd like to go fishing in our pond, but the pasture needs cutting along the edge and I won't stand in the tall grass to fish because of ticks (and snakes). My cousin got Rocky Mt. spotted fever from tick bites earlier this spring. It's the first case I've heard of in this area.

Monique, I agree there's no bed that feels as good as the one at home.

Barb, you've got a busy day planned. I'm glad Ms. Molly wasn't hurt during her adventure. It sounds like she keeps you on your toes. We have a miniature Australian shepherd that DH bought to be a cattle dog...he's turned out to be the biggest pet! Jake rides everywhere with DH...in the truck, in the tractor cab, and now on the four-wheeler.

Happy Sunday to all!

buckeyequilter
June 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Good morning...

The weather is beautiful here - but we do need some rain.

I'm already in my sewing room....working on the square in a square block and I WILL conquer it :) Then on to making a pincushion or two, I was collecting thimbles but might start a pincushion collection now LOL. Then I need to clean the room up - creating = a big mess to clean up.

I have no other plans today - unless I decide to head to an antique shop and see if they still have a hutch I want for my sewing room.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day....prayers and hugs to all.

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2012, 09:39 AM
I don't know why I crawled out of bed this morning except that I promised I'd head out to pick berries before it got to blazing hot for me. And here I sit . . . just hoping Al will offer to refill my coffee cup.

Weird and scarey dreams this morning - that's always a shake-up. I just don't have scarey dreams so this one has me taken back a bit. WHEW.

No rain, nothing is growing - flower beds look better though because my Michelle did a great day of cutting stuff yesterday. She's a real keeper.

I'm off - maybe I'll give a raspberry count later.

CrazyMtnLady
June 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Good Sunday Morning. I want to be part of Blondie's family. Those get togethers sound like fun. And I am a professional Tick Picker! And as Brad Paisley says....."I want to check you for ticks?" I always carry a good pair of tweezers and a lighter in my pocket to pick off the tick and then use the lighter to do away with it.
Speaking of doing away with.. I have been seeing and killing a lot of little black spiders (probably the kind that bit me) so today I am going to vacuum real good, especially under the bed and then spray the heck out of the place. I want to get it sprayed heavily around the baseboard. And we need to get some more stuff to put around the outside of the house too.

Barb, glad Miss Molly wasn't hurt. It is amazing the trouble dogs can get into. We are hoping for rain today too. It is overcast here and looking like rain, but they are not calling for rain until tomorrow here.

Yesterday I was sitting out on the deck when I felt something crawling on my arm and this is what was there. A baby Walking Stick. I had never seen a baby one before.
Hugs and Prayers.

quiltingtrish
June 10th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Happy Sunday all~~
Must have been a day for 'lost' dogs yesterday. I stepped outside of the church yesterday and there was a beautiful Corgie dog. So, my sister and I put a leash on her and walked her all around the neighborhood looking for the owner, called the County rescue and found out she belonged to a neighbor up the road from me. Since they live tucked away in the woods, we never saw her before. So happy we found the owner.
I did get all the free motion quilting finished on my 10 Minute blue-violet/black quilt and did a cute little design in each of the black blocks. Now I need to add a 2 1/2" border to make the challenge requirement size of 40x40". Then the little dog showed up which took up about an hours worth of time.
Today is off to my dad's after church nursery sitting and we will be out in that heat putting in some more plants. Of course, there is the mowing also.
What a cute little walking stick. DD Katie found out what happens when you put a walking stick and a praying mantis in the same cage. You would have thought they could have gotten along. Needless to say, the praying mantis didn't have to hunt his meal that day.
I hope you all have a good day.
Hugs,

Lonna
June 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Sounds as if you all have wonderful plans for the day. I sure wish I could send those of you that need rain some your way. We are under a flash flood warning right now from all the rain we are receiving. According to my fathers rain gauge we have had over 4 and a half inches of rain the last two days not counting all that has fallen last night and so far this morning. Was hoping for a rain free day so DH and the little dogs (Max and Skully) could spend some time outside this morning. So I could attempt to put together my first large quilt. This will be a challenge for me as this is only my second quilt the first was a small lap quilt which fit on the kitchen table. But this will have to be done on the living room floor which will be a challenge for me without the help of two little dogs and two cats. But I will get this figured out.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and enjoys there time with family and friends.

Sandy Navas
June 10th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Lonna, send some of that rain this way. There are cracks in the earth about 3/4 of an inch wide.

Donna, love your little walking stick. Yesterday while Michelle and i were working in the garden she found a praying mantis about the same length. They are so precious. The smallest one I have ever seen was only about 1/2 inch long. The largest one was one that Al and I watched one day while having lunch. It was at least 7 inches long and it spent about half an hour at our bird bath grooming and preening, drinking and preening, grooming and drinking. And we were so absolutely fascinated that neither of us thought to get the camera out. Such lame-brains.

Picked about a gallon of wild raspberries before our backs gave out and the sweat in our eyes got the best of us. Cobbler in the making again today? Perhaps. We have several wild patches of berries around the edge of the property and I think this year has been the most we've ever gathered. Think we're about right at 6 gallons so far. And there are still berries ripening though they aren't as large as some of the first ones were.

Sure hope Molly is resting easy and isn't aching too badly from her fall.

Hugs to all.

sewbizzy
June 10th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Good Morning Everyone, I love reading all of the posts that everyone did, is doing, or will be doing today...we had a good time at our Quilter's Guild yesterday...learned a lot--we have a good teacher...she is a retired school teacher who has made many quilts and has donated or given most of them away...she is so patient with us beginners...
I am so excited for we are going to a piano recital that our 7 year old dgd is in this afternoon...she just started taking lessons a few months ago...she is really a bubbly child---lots of energy and super friendly...her sister and her are complete opposites...we have 10 grandchildren and they are all so different!
I am going to try to get some sewing in today! Have a happy day Blondie and all!!!
Carol

SuzyQue
June 10th, 2012, 12:38 PM
We desperately need rain! Husband is finishing up the wheat and straw harvest, but will not be planting the second crop soybeans till we get some rain. Can't afford to lose the seed. It is looking like the dust bowl days around here with our gravel roads and all the farmers in the fields with hay and wheat. The grass feels like August to walk on and crunches underfoot. The bugs are out looking for moisture. I agree with Sandy about dirt cracks and with everyone over the bug infestations this year! The corn is spurting up daily, but is already stressed and we wonder if it will produce any ears. The trees are curling their leaves. We keep missing the storms that come to the Kansas/Missouri border and die or shift to the north and south. Please.....anyone....send your excess rain!

But on another note....the hot afternoons are perfect for sewing, piecing, quilting in the cool tiled basement~ Haven't had to turn on the ac yet, even though hot outside, thanks to our thick plaster walls. Wish the pool would heat up, though. Gosh, I am sorry.......I sound like all I can do is complain! Best hush up!

LynneLeavell
June 10th, 2012, 01:04 PM
We have rain today. My daughter and her two boys are suppose to be going to a birthday party this afternoon so if the nap doesn't win over sewing I might get some sewing done. I have everything cut out now it's a matter of putting it together.

Blondie have fun with the family.

Oh well everyone have a great day.

auntiemern
June 10th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Good day all. About the rain, we need some too. DH is on a rampage about the squirrels getting our tomatoes. So they better watch out. Was out side after drinking my first cup of coffee, watching the baby birds in the nest on the down spout. Have a nest of house wrens in my petunia basket. The mom is just hilarious to watch, they are such nervous nellies. Going to try to finish up my windmill quilt today. As far a s I got with that, was to get it set and bordered. Did get 5 yr old DGD's doll quilt finished yesterday. She would pic scraps from my ever growing stash of them, and I would sew them into rows, while she pushed the pedal with her hand. I would cut the sides straight and we would sew them together. She picked everything out herself, and sewed them (the pedal). May get pics posted later today. Felt like I sewed all day and didn't get much accomplished. Maybe today I will feel like I am getting something done. Have a blessed day all.

janluna
June 10th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Blondie, I'm with you on summertime! I think we should outlaw it, and have 3 seasons instead. I can't take the heat either. It's supposed to rain here too. It's 90 degrees and 95% humidity. Ugh!
Thank our Lord for inspiring A.C.!
I took the girls out for dinner last night as Joe and Heather had a wedding to attend. We had a blast! They are such good kids. We got back just in time for the power to go out. Someone decided to hit a pole and knock out a transformer. So, we sat in the dark for a few hours and played games by candlelight! Sent the girls to bed. Of course, they got to stay up later cause Luna was in charge. He He. Joey and Heather came home about 12:30 A.M. and we sat and talked until 2:00 A.M.
I'm so proud of Joe. He is now a Captain in the Rochester Fire Dept. And I get to pin his bars on him at the swearing in. Yay! He also delivered a baby girl this week.
He and Heather are the best couple I know.
Emily lost a friend, age 12, to Leukemia 2 weeks ago. My son said last night, "You know before Emily got sick, you heard about a child losing their battle with disease or an accident and it was a tragic event but happened so seldom. Since she has been sick, we now know more children that are sick and dying all around us." His group at the Fire Dept. have lost 3 children this year. He is going to miss them as they send you too another station whenever you become a "boss". The support he gave and received with these people has kept him going for the last 3 years. I'm sure he will keep in touch with them all but he is going to miss them terribly. The Lord brings people into our lives for so many reasons. They all provide life's lessons on our journey.
Love you all, and thank you for being in my life. You are all so wonderful. Love, Hugs, and prayers, Jan L.

MayinJerset
June 10th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Had a slow start today and had my coffee aroung 9 am. Very nice sunny weather here in Jersey, we had tons of rain recently and everything is so nice and green, plants and shrubs doing great, even the weeds. DH and I can't bend and weed like we used to, we got the front taken care of before our trip to Las Vegas for granddaughter's wedding but since we've been back we've been so tired that the backyard weeds will have to wait another day or two.

So sad to hear about so many children being sick, adding them to my prayers. Had some good news this morning, my sister called to tell me that her daughter got engaged last night. May in Jersey

bkthomas
June 10th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Good Morning,

It's overcast this morning and we have our fingers crossed that we get rain. We have had less than one inch all year...this is terrible. Miss Molly had an adventure this morning and not a good one....she fell into a rather deep hole and DH had to go in after her. Luckily the hole was fairly well cushioned on the bottom with dead leaves. Both DH and Molly had to head for the shower right away because they were covered with pollen. Molly said that's no way for a Scotty girl to start her day! DH agrees.....

We've had a busy weekend and today we have to mow. If the sun stays covered up that will be a good deal.

Have to run....the mower is warmed up and waiting.

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! Barb

Poor Miss Molly! Give her love from all of us!

bkthomas
June 10th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Had a slow start today and had my coffee aroung 9 am. Very nice sunny weather here in Jersey, we had tons of rain recently and everything is so nice and green, plants and shrubs doing great, even the weeds. DH and I can't bend and weed like we used to, we got the front taken care of before our trip to Las Vegas for granddaughter's wedding but since we've been back we've been so tired that the backyard weeds will have to wait another day or two.

So sad to hear about so many children being sick, adding them to my prayers. Had some good news this morning, my sister called to tell me that her daughter got engaged last night. May in Jersey

May, I love your Diva Tomato!

bkthomas
June 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Blondie, I share your feelings about coffee and summertime - think we may be related somehow. Donna, thanks for the pic of the tiny walking stick - cute. Sandy, I Love raspberries, send some my way, he he. Happy Sunday and Happy Quilting to All! I best be getting to Tracys quilt now!