PDA

View Full Version : Saturday hellos

Blondie
June 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/Coffee/kil.jpg

Good Morning Folksies

Yesterday was my killer day - still brain dead and want to crawl in the bed. I really don't think there is enough caffeine for me today. Most Fridays are busy, some are like yesterday and just busier. One of the gals I used to work with had minor surgery this week and is out. All of her regulars are needing to be fit in. So, I get extra clients which means extra groceries this week, hip hip hurray. I sure have missed seeing some of these gals.

I need to read about where you would like to escape to. I just want calgon to take me away. if I could have a getaway I would go to the Blue Ridge and drive it down to the Smokeys and then stop in each little town along the way. Of course, my idea of any getaway is to drive and stop in every two horse town. As long as I don't have to cook and drive, I am happy.

Have a wonderful day. Smile lots. Even the smile wrinkles look good. I mean, if you have laugh lines, that tells the world you are in the middle of a happy life. My smile and laugh lines are beginning to meet

nurrsey
June 9th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good morning Blondie....I haven't been to bed yet....migraine and just a lot in my head. I have been working on perfecting pin cushions and cutting tumblers since i couldnt sleep, it takes so long and is SO tedious. I just want to start sewing it! Hope your weekend is better than yesterday and maybe you need caffeine IV this am....lol. I

DCM
June 9th, 2012, 08:22 AM
My escape would be to go to the new MSQC shop and stay there for the whole day (with an unlimited shopping budget of course - I can dream can't I)! Messed up my back last weekend so I'm hoping it will hold out long enough for me to get a lap quilt pinned -- it's for a coworker battling cancer. Have a good weekend full of quilting everyone!

quiltingtrish
June 9th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Happy Saturday everyone~~
It is for me anyways - I have quilting planned all day down at church. Only a block away so far enough that I can't do housework or computer stuff, but close enough in case anyone needs me. I plan on getting 2 small quilts machine quilted and bound. I've been known to show up around 9 and not come home until 9. Long day but very productive.

Katie and Chelsea went to the beach. She is mad because she got pulled over for doing 5 miles over the speed limit. She just paid a ticket for doing 84 in a 65 MPH area in Virginia at the end of May. I was really mad about that - there is no reason for someone to be going that fast. I told her that perhaps her girlfriend should drive.

Where would I go to get away? Anywhere I would be alone would work.

Off here for the day. DH wants to load up lots of scrap to turn in. Told him I'd help if he gets up and moving. After all, I have quilting awaiting!

Hugs,

Bubby
June 9th, 2012, 08:54 AM
My great escape would be to go back to Rome with my Hubby Jeff. The beauty, the romance, the art, the people, the food....perfection!

Back to reality....it's a cool morning in our little corner of the world. Miss Molly decided to take a trip up the road to visit the neighbors' chickens...I caught her just in time before she did anything more than scare the hens! Molly is such a gentle soul and she loves to visit, but sometimes she plays a little rough if she gets pecked. I wonder if the neighbors saw me running around their coop in my Elmo pajamas!

DH is sleeping in a little today. I'm up and ready to go for the day. I will be decorating and setting up the booth I rented at the new Antique Mall. This is a first for me and I hope it's fun and profitable. At first I will be thinning out some of my collections of vintage items and later I would love to carry handmade totes and clutches and other small items. I recently found a darling eyeglass case pattern. I think there might be a market for a few Christmas tree skirts later in the year. Of course, I will make them from Jenny's tutorial!

I just signed up for the Pinnie Swap...looks like fun!!!

Wishing everyone a good Saturday....I will be busy until the cows come home this evening....Hugs, Barb

quilter.martha
June 9th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Morning all! Don't know if I'll get any quilting done today or not. I have some bathrooms that need cleaning, and then if I get to do any sewing at all it will be on my daughter's nursing smock I'm making. It's coming out really cute, even if it is just white. I'd like to get it done so I can get back to some quilt projects.

The sun is shinning this morning--the first time I've seen that in over a week, so I'm hopeful for a beautiful day.

You all have a great Saturday!

Oh, where would I go to escape? Anywhere I can be by a lake, watch the loons and sit around a campfire.

Sandy Navas
June 9th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Oh, I so love waking up in the morning when the air is fresh and crisp and the birdies are tweeting away. Speaking of which, our little Carolina Wren has at least FIVE chickies in her birdhouse and she has been ferrying food back and forth for the past week. I don't know how she finds all the interesting critters and keeps up with the chirping. They will be flying the coop very quickly. We so enjoy their antics and their songs.

Today is a yard day and I am excited about the chill. My DGD Michelle needs money to buy Daddy a Father's Day Gift so she's coming over to cut some saplings and pull some weeds for me. She's much closer to the ground (don't know how long that will be as she's growing like a weed herself . . . and about as big around as a cardboard tube). I'm certain when the sun is on the other side of the house that the rest of the gang will be heading over for a much needed dip in the pool. It looks so inviting.

Al was commenting last night that it must feel good for me to have had as much sewing room time as I crammed in this past week. I'm truly looking for more next week. However, I furrowed into my storage room looking for something yesterday and realized that I need to get in there and play some straightening up games and shell out a lot of unnecessary things. But, you know the old adage - as soon as I throw it out I'll need it. Alas, a little organization is truly called for.

In addition to making more blocks to contribute to New York Sue's cancer victim quilt, I managed to make three more pincushions yesterday. Photos will be posted on the group sometime today. I didn't realize that you could create such an addiction via computer . . . thanks, Blondie.

Off to enjoy myself. Sending the prayers, hugs, shoulders, wishes, and chuckles needed to make your day better.

aliaslaceygreen
June 9th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Good morning!!! The car is all packed, except for the cat who has to go to sleep away camp, the photo exhibit opening went well, and I have two quilty projects to work on on the road...cameras charged, etc etc...
You may not see me for a while, or I may poke my head in and say HI!!!

Have a great week!!

Monique
June 9th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Good morning. Still in Kingston and enjoying my baby. Parents are in the wedding party today and have been busy with the bride and groom, so I have been delagated as babysitter. Sadoria, 9, is at a sleepover at the neighbours. Just me and Maizyn, 2. Hubby is sick so he will not be joining us for the wedding. I will take the girls to the wedding and supper and a little afterwards and then take them home. Son and DIL will be home tomorrow and then I can come home.

Laundry has piled up here like there is no tomorrow. Her dryer doesn't work, so I will take these mountains of clothes and wash them at my house and bring them back on the 19th when I return with a van load of cleaning supplies. I have promised her a week of housecleaning and purging before they move sometime in July. I look around and thing GAWD, what did I sign up for? Oh well, needs to be done and my mother would have done the same.

Oh my god, I have turned into my mother!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

P/S I bought the cutest little thing to make a pincushion out of. That is for next week.

sewbizzy
June 9th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Good Morning everyone!! I am packing the car...going to a quilty class at the library...we have a special lady teaching these classes...this is only my 3rd one since starting into quilting in February, so I'm excited!!
My escape would always be to go to the Amish country...Berlin, Ohio area especially!...I keep telling my dh that when we hit the lottery we will buy a place there...of course, we almost never play the lottery and when we do we are lucky to get one number!!! hahahah...but I can dream...have a great day everyone...it should be in the high 80's here in western PA and tomorrow over 90...
I LOVE AIR CONDITIONING!!!!
Carol

madampolo
June 9th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Bubby, my husband and I spent a week in Rome seven years ago, and it was amazing. My only warning is that, if you take a taxi from the airport to your hotel, be prepared to drive over 100 mph on the freeway zig zagging obstacles along the way. There are so many scooters in Rome, and they drive along side the cars to get to the head of the light.

My dream vacation would be to go to London for three days, take the train to the coast and the ferry across to Ireland, then drive around Ireland for a week. In the U.S., we hope to go to Salt Lake City to research our family tree at their library, and then drive to Yellowstone for a couple of days. I wouldn't mind a cruise, either. Trouble is, the ones out of Galveston go the same ports all the time, and we went three years ago. I would like to cruise from the west coast to Hawaii, but one to Alaska is just too cold for me. Have a great Saturday, everyone. My sister and her husband are coming over for lunch, so I got to go.

GrammaBabs
June 9th, 2012, 11:59 AM
"Mirror Mirror, on the Wall,,,, I am my Mother after all"!!!!
I put this on a shirt for my Sis....LOL

I have to say... I am in my dream place..We did a cruise 2 weeks ago,, it was great, but my place is better!!!. God chose to keep my family small,,, so no Grands to have to help out,,,My kids are wanting to help us now... we got back from our vaca.. to find the whole front of our house,, re-landscaped"... SIL brought his co. over and did it all in a day... 3 trucks, 6 guys... quite a show,,, wish i'd been here, to beam with pride....i guess the cars and people were lined up watching... heheheh..We are not gardeners, so he promised me it's "carefree".. DH loves to mow,,, not plant............
My son is working very hard to give me peace of mind and turning back to the sweet boy i raised....:)Thank you God!!
Today, DH is washing the cars... (something he loves to do, go figure)... i'll go to the pool for the afternoon,,, shower, come home and then figure out supper.. in or out or take out... then TV land..
I promise you than counting back about 10 years and to the beginning.. i really was on the treadmill,,, but from here on... it's pretty wonderful.... This has been his choice for me.. so i'm enjoying it,, and "doing for others, and giving back wherever I can"...

CrazyMtnLady
June 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Good Morning. It is a beautiful sunny day here. Boy did I sleep in this morning :) Sure felt good.
No big plans today, whatever pops up will be fine. I think I am going to do a bit or reorganizing in my sewing area. I was using the area that is now home to the momma and the kitties. And I have a mile high pile of clothes that need ironed and put away! I use to love to iron, but I guess now that I am older I just don't have the energy to stand at the ironing board and iron anymore. I guess I could throw a movie in and iron while watching it. Something like Gone with the Wind or Dances with Wolves..
I think I would rather just talk DH into taking a motorcycle ride and enjoy the beautiful day!

Hugs and prayers.

Panda
June 9th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Good morning Monique. Boy your life sounds just like mine right now. Helping my daughter and her family move, doing their laundry, babysitting while they went to a wedding. And yes, I too have turned into my mother. You said you will be coming to Lancaster in September, have you been there before? If not, maybe I can tell you about some of the fabric stores.

Kathy

Good morning. Still in Kingston and enjoying my baby. Parents are in the wedding party today and have been busy with the bride and groom, so I have been delagated as babysitter. Sadoria, 9, is at a sleepover at the neighbours. Just me and Maizyn, 2. Hubby is sick so he will not be joining us for the wedding. I will take the girls to the wedding and supper and a little afterwards and then take them home. Son and DIL will be home tomorrow and then I can come home.

Laundry has piled up here like there is no tomorrow. Her dryer doesn't work, so I will take these mountains of clothes and wash them at my house and bring them back on the 19th when I return with a van load of cleaning supplies. I have promised her a week of housecleaning and purging before they move sometime in July. I look around and thing GAWD, what did I sign up for? Oh well, needs to be done and my mother would have done the same.

Oh my god, I have turned into my mother!!!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone.

P/S I bought the cutest little thing to make a pincushion out of. That is for next week.

madampolo
June 9th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Grammababs, Try this one on your sister's tee. "Your getting to look like Mother more and more everyday." It might me long, but effective. You might could shorten it to "You look like Mother more everyday."

MRoy
June 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Good Morning everyone! I've been busy trimming tree branches and hauling them out of the yard so I can walk under the trees without having to stoop to miss a limb. Reaching as high as you can using pruners must be good exercise for the arms and shoulders based on the way mine feel now. I'd been saying I needed to get more exercise...well, I did!

I finished the second of two blocks for Douwe's quilt first thing this morning and put them in the mailbox to Sandy. He, Klasien, and their family continue to be in my prayers. DH is rolling hay today. He'll be working late and I'm just hanging out on my own.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Saturday!

BellasQuilts
June 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Morning. Slept in till 7:30 today (yawwwn) and enjoying the first cup of coffee. Darcy at my feet, hubby reading a magazine. Sun shining. It's a good day. Speaking of Rome, DD#1 is in Italy now. She is about 1 hr north at a monastery on an art retreat. She was in Rome yesterday. She met up with DD#2's inlaws and SIL who are over there now travelling. Funny how the ended up in the same place in the world. DD#2 is under strict orders to not have the baby until they return. DH wants to go to Normandy and stand on Omaha beach on June 6 (D-Day). I think that would be a great trip. We both love history. Someday I want to see the world's largest garage sale. How cool would that be. Anyway, have a great day everybody!

RFREE
June 9th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I am off to camp for about a week. I might just take my new machine and play around with it a bit.Then again my DD and DH would probably tell me to go home and get on "The Forum!" Ha ha maybe I better nix that idea and just wait it out. I still haven't received all the blocks for Brandon's quilt. Mostly blocks on my end.Friends of mine and friends of Brandon's but that is o.k. I am not ready yet.I will probably see yall in about a week.
hugs and prayers to all who need them.
Rhonda

buckeyequilter
June 9th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Good afternoon....

I'm a little late getting in here today. We went to town this morning and picked up some houehold stuff we needed and then I made a quick stop at Hobby Lobby to get a fabric pen and couple of other small things. I'm finishing up the binding on a jelly roll quilt that I'm making for a little boy - should have that finished soon, then check it for strings, get a picture and wash it.

My dream vacation....is in my house - with the phone turned off and the doors locked. I am gone from home 10 hours a day during the week....so love to be home when I can.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.....prayers and hugs to all.

auntiemern
June 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
As usual it is good afternoon from me. I am just not a morning person. I am a true night owl. Hoping to get my pinwheel quilt put together and finish it up sometime today. DH just left to go to the tackle shop, so peace and quiet for a little while. Had the grand babies here last night for dinner and fun with PaPa. They were all pooped out by the time I got them home. But Pa and his babies hadn't seen each other in a week, (for them that is like 6 months) so they all played hard. They are used to seeing him at least every other day, except for when he is gone fishing. They all had big fun. Kenz wanted to sew on her doll quilt so we managed to get one row done before she was off to something else. Later we put the border on, so may try to get that finished up to. Hoping everyone a Blessed and wonderful day, no matter how you spend it. Wow, I am already missing Jean and she just left today. lol

bkthomas
June 9th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I know what you mean about missing Jean - I was just thinking the same thing as I read through this thread - and I am a bit of a night owl too. Worked the evening and graveyard shifts a lot when I was working, been trying to sleep at night more lately. Anyway, Tracys quilt is shaping up nicely so I will be in there working on that till it gets too hot again. Didn't stop yesterday till the sweat ran into my eye - called it quits then! Sounds like everyone is off to a great and busy weekend! Love and prayers to All!

quiltingtrish
June 9th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Bubby - I have Elmo pajamas too!

Hugs,