PDA

View Full Version : Friday! Friday! Friday!

Blondie
June 8th, 2012, 07:43 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/80783387035474768_0u7zL3QF_f.jpg

Happy Day Folksies!

It is Friday, time to get some serious smile on. With a few of our own getting ready or already on the way to Vacationville, it's about time we all get our Margaritaville going on, right?
So . . . where would you like to get lost? For how long . . . with whom . . .

Planning on a good day at work. The usual suspects are lining up. I sleep good on Friday nights.

Have a great day everyone!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 8th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Have a great day! For Margarita lovers, have you tried Bud Lite Lime-a-Rita's.? Said to be a very good demand for the product! I tried them and they are yummy! But have them on the patio, not when you have to drive! 8% alcohol sure knocked me out quicker than my usual Bud Lite Limes! But I sure was happy!

GrammaBabs
June 8th, 2012, 08:11 AM
oooooooo,,, sounds good... but i'm a "Southern Comfort" straight up girl.... NO not a ton,,, just a shot,, maybe half of another... LOL
I cannot enjoy often... when i started the RA "drug cocktail"... first thing he said was...Do you drink???? Hardly ever was my answer... which was true,, but ever since he asked me that... i would love to more often...funny how we sometimes crave what we "can't have" ...LOL... DH keeps me on track..(even though it's a "good thing" for him when i'm allowed a little)...heheheheheh

Off to Water Aerobics... then hot tub... back and hip getting tolereable... hope to sew this afternoon...Pincushion almost ready to mail!!!
hugs to all... have a super weekend!!!! Sat. sun,,, FINALLY....................B

MRoy
June 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Happy Friday! I'd like to just get lost at home today, and go fishing in the pond! Maybe this weekend...
Have a great day!

buckeyequilter
June 8th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Good morning.....

I sure hope I don't get lost on the way home from work - that would really bite, since it's Friday. We're going to watch "Act of Valor" and eat pizza tonight....I just might have a margaritta! I'm going to work on the binding on a quilt while watching the movie. Might even, if I feel like it, watch "Wild Bill" again (love that movie).

Have a wonderful day - prayers and hugs to all!

quiltingtrish
June 8th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Happy Friday everyone~~It's always good to be home, even if I was only away for a day and a half.
Not much on the agenda for today except printing off the church bulletins, hanging out clothes to dry, and color my hair. That means there will be time to sew.
It looks like I will be hanging out clothes more often. The dryer has a very loud screeching noise and I think the girls were putting too many clothes in there at once. Now, DH has to find the time to take it apart to look at it. Katie says 'just go to the laundromat'. Uh, no - we have lines to hang the clothes on.
I finished up layering 2 small quilts so they are ready for the free motion stitches. Hope to play with that today.
Was checking out some of the recent photos - love the 2 new sewing areas!! Someday . . . .

I hope you all have a wonderful day. I'll check back later to see who else checks in.

Hugs,

Bubby
June 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Good Morning,

I have full day. I have to get up close and personal with the kitchen floor this morning. I was on my knees cleaning a spill last night and realized some 911 is needed. I just rented a booth at our new Antique Mall and I'm in the process of painting the walls and furniture to displays. Later today I need to make two valances...one for the sewing room and another for the booth.

It's going to be scorching hot today and for the next several days. Our tomatoes are really growing now and we're picking zucchini every day...yay!

I need to jump into my morning. I love to start each day here and check on everyone. TGIF....I'll be back a little later.....Barb

sewbizzy
June 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good Morning everyone! I woke up early this morning with a headache, so naturally thought I better check the forum...hahaha...it's one of the first things I do each day...getting to be a habit! I love hearing what you Blondie and all the quilters are going to be doing today! I am hopefully going to sew, sew, sew....I still have some things to finish up so I can start something new...what a to-do list I have going for me...and I love that too....sew much to look forward to!!
I love the quotes that are at the end of some of your posts...can anyone tell me how to do that?
Sew happy to have you all as my friends!! Thank You..have a great day, Carol

madampolo
June 8th, 2012, 09:01 AM
We are going to have people over tomorrow for dinner, so today is a "get the house ready" day. I may sneak out to work on a block when I go to feed the goats and chickens. MRoy: We just bought new fishing rods and reels, and there are worms in the fridge next to the potato salad. I would like to go fishing today in our pond, too. Maybe will.

Panda
June 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I would love some time being lost by MYSELF in margaritaville. Sounds selfish, but I just mean for a day or two. My husband would be so insulted if I told him that. He just doesn't! Understand. I do so much for so many that I get burned out and would just love some time taking care of me, me and me. Don't get me wrong I love my family. Oh well, thanks for the dream of being lost in margaritaville, maybe someday.

Kathy

ginampls
June 8th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I have a full day planned. DD bedroom... oh so overwhelming in there i just don't know where to start. laundry is for sure on order..iam also going to checksome websites for possible differ job. just getting my feelers out there. i would like something closer to home and a schedule that is more set. with summer here hard to find caregiver for DD she is 9.

don't drink booze no more but when i did i liked Margarrita'd the premixed stuff. and my blender...imade em good. and gin tonics...soogood on a hot summer day.

meemeecyn
June 8th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Wooohoooo, it's Friday! And the sun is actually shining this morning. That is always good for the soul.

Sounds like everyone is planning a busy day, with most getting some sewing time in. That is good for the soul, too, isn't it?

I do hope to get some organizing done. My brother and his wife will be visiting next month and I'll need to clean the room they'll sleep in. It has slowly become another fabric storage room. Thank goodness for plastic totes! hehe

Have a great day and weekend!
Cynthia

Sandy Navas
June 8th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Why, why is this place SO MUCH FUN? Okay, Miss Blondie posed a question so I have to tell you I would love to be back in the Seychelles at the Xanadu (no longer open) with Al for about two weeks of peace and quiet. The best vacation, time we ever had (well, that may not be totally the truth . . . I can think of lots of them). White sand beaches, a gazillion miles from anywhere, no one speaks our language, large secluded spaces, free meals that were 5* quality . . . and it didn't cost an arm and a leg - just time to get there . . .

Back to the sewing room today. Need I say more? Finally my time.

Love to all.

bakermom
June 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Waiting impatiently for DDs to pick me up. We're going to a quilt show this morning. I already have supper in the slow cooker so it will be ready when we get back. I'll probably spend Sat. finishing up some small projects I started last week. DH has "stuff" going on all weekend so I have it all to myself!!

CrazyMtnLady
June 8th, 2012, 10:22 AM
Good Morning all,
I would love to just take off with Daniel (DH) with the sidecar motorcycle, a picnic basket, color of beer or wine and just explore the back roads until we can find a nice place to stop and picnic. If we were to travel to get lost, I would love to go back and travel the Blue Ridge Parkway from one end to the other. We do love it there.

Today will be the laundry, bread making, vacuuming day I was going to do yesterday but got sidetracked by draining the hot tub and helping Daniel put on an addition to the deck and move the hot tub. I scrubbed it out and hopefully it has had time to heat back up because I sure could use it. It will be nice to actually be able to use our deck where the hot tub was. Daniel has been wanting to buy a nice patio set, but we really didn't want to have it out in the yard so now we can buy a nice set and enjoy our deck. :)

Went down the road and visited with my neighbor for a bit last evening. Had a nice visit and drank a couple beers. :) I won't be able to go visit her for much this summer because they are closing the highway that our road connects to, to repair or replace a bridge so I have a feeling that our road is going to be a bit to heavily traveled for me to be taking the John Deere Gator down the road to visit. :( The road that they will have to take to detour around the bridge is a very bumpy, nasty road with a low water bridge (just a slab of concrete across the creek) so if we have much rain anyone with a car or non-4x4 won't be able to cross the creek. It will be interesting to see what happens starting next Monday when they close the bridge down.

Have a wonderful day.....
Hugs and prayers.

HandsOffItsMine
June 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Ahhh, the last time of a real Margarita...age 23...then they discovered I developed an allergy to alcohol! Sadness! :( Not that I ever drank more than 2, but still!! There are days that a stiff one would be in order, like yesterday when my daughter fell about from the stress of the upcoming move and the meeting on Sunday with the Zander's father about "putting things in writing". She's always been a worry wart, but now it's out of control. Please pray for her to calm down and things will work out just fine.

This morning Penny goes for her two week check up. Probably will get antibiotics for her tearducts, lots of discharge still. We're concerned however about her spitups after feedings, large volumes are coming up. At most she gets one formula mix, the rest is breast milk, last night she had her first projectile (sp) spitup...no fun for the little one. No fun for Oma on the cleanup. lol
Hopefully Penny hasn't lost too much weight this week, I don't think she gained any.

I'll be getting the sewing machine out, since Zander can entertain Oliver. Need to work on my list of To Do's :) before the big packing starts here.

Everyone who is starting their vacations...enjoy yourselves! Be careful and safe!

Others...enjoy the day, be happy!

Huggers and see you later, Ruby

alliek
June 8th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Boy Panda, I sure understand. I would like a day or two to myself also, no phone calls, no meals to prepare and clean up, no meds to oversee, noone to placate,comfort, reason with, repeat the conversation with or disagree. BUT only for two days, no more!!!I sure would miss the bunch of them. My dream get-away would be two weeks at a cabin on a beach on the east end of Long Island New York. Doesn't get any better than that! Well it's Friday, One more room to clean, a trip to the store, then hopefully layer my granddaughters quilt for her graduation which is next week! No days off for me, have to finish it fast. Have a great weekend to all!!

sally
June 8th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Blonde... I would LOVE to get lost in the Caribean...blue water and sandy beaches. The weather here has been SO bad. Rain Rain and even Snow. Once we dry up...if ever... the mosquitos will be real bad. Thank goodness my vacation is not till end of July! Meanwhile have to unpack all the stuff we brought back from moms. I am so sick of packing and unpacking that I haven't the energy to get going on my own home...weather is a downer too. Tonight I am going to go into my quilting space...like any addict i need to..been too long! lol This rain keeps up I am so glad we have a boat we can live on...lol Plus we have the aluminum boat and 3 air rafts of various sizes. Now wouldn't that be a sight all connected floating down main street...LOL

Have a great weekeknd everyone!

buckeyequilter
June 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
This morning Penny goes for her two week check up. Probably will get antibiotics for her tearducts, lots of discharge still. We're concerned however about her spitups after feedings, large volumes are coming up. At most she gets one formula mix, the rest is breast milk, last night she had her first projectile (sp) spitup...no fun for the little one. No fun for Oma on the cleanup. lol
Hopefully Penny hasn't lost too much weight this week, I don't think she gained any.

Sorry the baby is having problems...I started breast feeding my DD when she was born and decided it wasn't for me so went to the doctor and they put her on formula. She began spitting up (large amounts) and had the projectile spit up going on too....she was allergic to the formula. So they had me put her on a soy formula and that seemed to solve the problem. Good luck!

auntiemern
June 8th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon all. Should have some my time next week while DH is at the lake. Watching DGK's this evening. Think I am going to bring them here for a while, cuz Pa hasn't seen them in over a week. (never goes that long, they are his heart) Between them having HFMD and him having terrible summer cold, they just didn't need to be around each other. Let's see, Blondie also mentioned, drinking. My drink of choice would have to be Kahlua and cream. Do not imbibe much tho, cuz they are very fattening. Time to go to DD's, and then get girls off the bus and head back up here. Have a great day all. Try to get some sewing in :)

Lonna
June 8th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies, Blondie my dream escape right now would to be either up in the Rocky Mts. which I do miss as I use to live in Denver for 10 years. If it is the Rocky's then drink of choice would be a nice cold beer. Or closer to home would be to a nice shaded secret Courtyard in the French Quarters of New Orleans with a nice chilled Mint Julep. But it looks as if I am stuck here at work. May get that Mint Julep though the end of this month. As it will be mine and DH anniversary the end of this month and I think we are going to go and take a Cruise on the river boat Natchez.

BellasQuilts
June 8th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Wow, loaded question that one. I have been supporting and caring for so many for so long not sure if I can remember what a get away escape thing would consist of. I will have to think on that one; can't remember if I ever did that.....that's sad.

lilmouse
June 9th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I would love to go to the new MSQC store....that's my dream getaway right now! Got to sew a little bit this afternoon and probably won't be able to again until next week...boohoo!