PDA

View Full Version : I am tired and cranky......

Divine Daisy
June 7th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mr D is chirpy and bouncy.......not me!. I feel like I am crawling in there twice a day loll. When did I get old????????

Today I woke at 5am, had coffee and a fag (yes bad I know) made some red velvet cupcakes to take to the hospital with me today, put some washing on, worked on one of his 'Oh its no trouble' quilts, vacumed, cut out a sheep to applique by hand while at the hospital,iced the cupcakes and hoped for the best as I can't taste them because I am diabetic. Went to hospital and sewed while I was with him and applied the sheep's eyes so she looks like she is looking behind her (his suggestion, he thought there might be a welshman around.......(( sorry to any welsh people, was Mr D's joke not mine)) I have removed eyes and put them right sinse I got home, the man will never remember). Now I am home for an hour, have thrown something in the oven for later and will be off again to the hosp for a couple of hours. I get an hour at home between visits.

His bloods which went down to 0.01 are now up to 0.14. His is still on Iv antibiotics and gets platelettes in the evening. the nurses have decided he is very ill indeed because he likes the food.......I said.....na he is fine it's just an indictment on what he gets at home. He turned a nice shade of yellow yesterday but has faded today..........so whatever that was seems too be under control. He says he has been meditating to produce some mucas cells...........nice.

10 minutes till I leave so I had better feed the cats or they will bitch at me when I get back. Looking forward to a glass of wine and my supper after visiting.

buckeyequilter
June 7th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Well then.....have a wonderful visit!

Praying for you and Mr. D....take care :)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 7th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Glad to hear an update, and so glad he is better! But, all that running can certainly run a spouse into the ground! I can only imagine how exhausted you are from all the running around, cooking, cleaning and sewing! Girl, you take care of yourself!

My husband loved hospital food. That was what he always said to me when he felt bad enough to go to the hospital, "I need some hospital food" He was in several different hospitals during his many treatments, so he got to do an unofficial customer service satisfaction food survey, and tell which system had the best food! I remember one time he had a tremendously long brain surgery. We thought when we saw him next, he would be all pale and exhausted and hooked up to tubes. No, when we came into ICU, he was sitting there eating fried chicken and mashed potatoes! What were we worrying for?

Enjoy the wine, and your homecooked supper, and pet the cats, several times for Stewart and once for me! Prayers and hugs!

sewbizzy
June 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM
You have a "lot on your plate"...I will keep you and dh in my prayers...
Carol

EnumclawGramma
June 7th, 2012, 02:28 PM
This is a testament of what Woman can do when called upon! We are everyone's everything and then some. I hope you get some "just for you" time during all this. Praying for you and DH.

And by the way....you have an amazing attitude in all this!

Sandy Navas
June 7th, 2012, 04:40 PM
My dear Alison - whenever I think I'm getting tired I think of you and all you are going through! Love you and Stewart. Love the petting him that Jean mentioned!!

BTW I know about the Welsh sheep . . . unfortunately I've got Welsh family . . .

Klasien
June 7th, 2012, 04:43 PM
You have every right to be tired and cranky.....I say: Take that glass of wine a little early and relax!!

Hang in there, we are here for you!!
(((hugs)))

K. McEuen
June 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM
My dear Alison - whenever I think I'm getting tired I think of you and all you are going through! Love you and Stewart. Love the petting him that Jean mentioned!!

BTW I know about the Welsh sheep . . . unfortunately I've got Welsh family . . .

Hehe, we know where your mind is Sandy. Jean mentioned petting the cats for Stewart, not petting Stewart himself. Not saying that he would complain either way ...

Remember to take care of yourself in amongst all your running back and forth. It will be nice to have dinner waiting on you when you get home

Suesquilts
June 7th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Allison, I don't know your situation but God Bless!! My brother was ill with a brain tumor 9 years ago and passed. We had 1 1/2 years with him and treasured every moment. Take care of yourself!! It's so easy to get rundown.

CrazyMtnLady
June 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Allison, be as tired and cranky as you want to be, you deserve it!
As for the wine....drink two glasses (one for me). I will be heading off to my neighbors in a bit I hope. She said she would be home this evening and for me to come on over for a brew. Maybe we will even get in a game of darts. I have Ham and Beans on the stove, so dinner will be easy.

Have a great visit.
Hugs and prayers.

bkthomas
June 7th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Poor Daisy, sleep well tonight!

auntiemern
June 7th, 2012, 07:58 PM
If any one deserves to be tired and cranky it is you. You have so much going on right now, it sometimes just gets overwhelming. But as someone else said, we ARE WOMEN, so we can do it all. Does not mean we have to be happy about it though. Give Stewart and Kitties hugs from the forum. When you finally get home, take some much needed time for yourself.