PDA

View Full Version : Rainy Wednesday morning

Blondie
June 6th, 2012, 08:38 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/morton.jpg
Late, late, later in getting in this morning. Stayed with Mom last night - spur of the moment decision - and when I got up it was raining buckets. Couldn't slip slide up the hill in that. Now it is just a gentle rain, I having to finish getting ready to get Mom to the Dr in the city today. We have an appt with her surgeon about her hernia. I have some strong feeling that she is going to be getting surgery for it - she is such a strong willed woman doing things she shouldn't like lift wood into a wheel barrow, push the wheel barrow all over her hilly yard, climb on ladders to get on the roof, . . . that is she hasn't enlarged that hernia, I may ask him for blood pressure pills. Just thinking of her actions right this second makes my face hot. Oh how I love my Mom, but oh how she frustrates me. Okay, will shut mouth, turn the key and throw it away.

I began sewing on the handbag pattern I purchased on Monday. It is almost finished. If I get home early enough this afternoon I want to finish it.

Okay folksies enjoy your day! Prayers for each here and loads of giggles and smiles to help you on your way.

Monique
June 6th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Good morning Blondie. Have a wonderful day and enjoy the soft rain. We sure do need it up here. But we have sunshine today again. Woohoo.

buckeyequilter
June 6th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Good morning....

Gosh I remember the Morton salt with the little umbrella girl on it! We won't need the umbrella today it's supposed to be sunny and mid 70's.

I brought some of my new sewing/quilting books to work with me so I can look at them at lunch...get some ideas and make plans :)

I'm going to do another pincushion tonight - see if I can get enough stuffing in it this time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.....prayers & hugs to all.

EnumclawGramma
June 6th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Good Morning! I think this looks like Sally from the Dick and Jane books!

We've had rain for two days and this morning the sky has patches of blue. Hope Hope Hope....

Shirley enjoy the books! More coming ;-)

Blondie, I feel your frustration with your Mama, but I have to say you make me giggle. I used to feel this way with my own Mother. It's our come uppins for all the frustration we caused them as young girls!

Granny Judy
June 6th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Hello's to all. I am up and trying to figure out what I should be doing today. I started Ti Chi lessons Monday evening and Tuesday I was having a hard time getting this ol body to move.. Funny it was only a half hour lesson with just 7 basic moves but I'm moaning and groaning like I've been hit by a truck... Today I am much better and able to move without all the complaints these ol' joints can make.

On My own-- I run thru all the moves several times a day, so I don't forget the order in which this "pattern" is suppose to go. Hopefully I can get all 36 moves memorized and be able to run thru it smoothly without any help or hints. Why Ti Chi? It's the elderly peoples' exercise.. improves the circulation, keeps joints flexible, and improves the memory (with all those 36 moves). Then too, I am fighting the same battle as my Mom--she was in a wheel chair at my age and I refuse to give in to that. Osteo porosis is not fun.. She went from being 5'7" to 5' 1" in 5 years time... I already have one vertabre fused and deteriorating. So the "fight" is on!! Water Arobics are next...

CrazyMtnLady
June 6th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Good morning... Love the picture today Blondie, boy does that ever bring back memories of when I was a kid. Dad said I looked like that girl on the Morton Salt Box. :)

Blondie: Your mother climbs a ladder and gets on the roof? OMG... I don't know how old your mom is but I wouldn't even do that and I am 57!!! Of course the fact that I am afraid of heights keeps me from doing any climbing also. But I do over do everything else for sure.

Love the dog's picture on the Daily Deal page. Perfect pic for D-Day! And great fabric selection also.

Hugs and prayers.

quilter.martha
June 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM
No rain here this morning, but we haven't seen the sun yet either. We had almost 4 inches over the weekend, so I'm ready for some sun and warmth.

Blondie, I hope things work out with your mom and the surgery. I know how difficult parents can be at times. Just keep loving her no matter what.

Have a great day all!

Bubby
June 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Good Morning...

Blondie be careful while you're out and about with Mom today. Can't wait to see your bag when you get it done. I want to make a few for my booth. My newest news is I've rented a small booth at an Antique Mall here in town that just opened. It's an awesome place and also has a tea room and ice cream parlor. I think that will be a big draw to the antiques section. DH and I will go this evening and paint and figure out our booth...sort of exciting. I almost get out of one project and I'm jumping into another! I've never done the "booth thing" but think it will be fun, even if just for the short term. I have loads of vintage items I would like to thin out and this is a gorgeous venue for that.

I'm off to see the wizard. Hugs All Around....Barb

HandsOffItsMine
June 6th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Morning all,

Wednesday already! Time is flying here in Burbank. This Oma is tired, little Ollie is always in motion, Zander is pretty easy but always is hungry :) and laundry for six is ever growing as well as dishes.

Moving plans are officially underway. Pod ordered, 2 cars transported, luckily Kat is known as Miss Martha Steward Jr., she's so organized. I must say, she has the administrative skills working at my business before kids. lol

Must post a picture of my angel/princess Penny as she was sleeping yesterday on the sofa after a good feeding.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Huggers, Ruby

CrazyMtnLady
June 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Barb, let us know when your booth is up and running, I would love to talk DH into taking a motorcycle ride over there and checking it out!

Ruby, Penny is just adorable and looks so snuggly.

sewbizzy
June 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Good Morning Blondie...I enjoy seeing your posts each day...love the pictures, too...I know what you mean about your Mom...mine was a lot like that, too...the weather here in PA is sunny but a little cool for this time of year...no humidity, so that's good by me...
have a great day, Carol

auntiemern
June 6th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Good day all. Blondie, your mom must be a real go getter. My own get up and go, got up and went a long time ago, and I am only 55. Would love to come see your booth when it opens Barb. May swing by there on my way to the lake in July. Happy days and God's blessings to all. Going to finish up my latest hospital quilt today and then start on another one. Will post pics when finished.

buckeyequilter
June 6th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Morning all,

Wednesday already! Time is flying here in Burbank. This Oma is tired, little Ollie is always in motion, Zander is pretty easy but always is hungry :) and laundry for six is ever growing as well as dishes.

Moving plans are officially underway. Pod ordered, 2 cars transported, luckily Kat is known as Miss Martha Steward Jr., she's so organized. I must say, she has the administrative skills working at my business before kids. lol

Must post a picture of my angel/princess Penny as she was sleeping yesterday on the sofa after a good feeding.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Huggers, Ruby

What a beautiful baby!

bkthomas
June 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Love that pic Blondie, hope all goes well with you Mom - Ruby, that pic is so sweet, thanks for sharing - Granny Judy, you go girl! best of luck with the tai-chi! ....and Happy Quilting to All!

toggpine
June 6th, 2012, 05:57 PM
I haven't actually fallen off the planet, yet.
Just popping in to say Hi. Looks like things are shaking around here. Penny is adorable!
Gotta run to more meetings and appointments.
Miss chatting with you all!
Hugs! Cathy

Blondie
June 6th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hi Folksies
Been an extremely long day; I am too pooped to pop. Everything went fine at the dr's. No surgery in her near future. He doesn't want to risk her overall in general improving health. He also told Mom that since she is an adult and doesn't have dementia, she can still call her own shots - that is unless she continues to do things like climb up ladder to survey her roof. So, that's that. Sure glad my Luscious was able to drive his Miss Daisies. I am ready for a glass of wine.
See y'all in the a.m. If I owe anyone a message, love me and be patient.
Cathy, glad to see you. I knew you were up to your neck in gators.