PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrr.... Wal-Mart is getting bad!!1

CrazyMtnLady
June 5th, 2012, 11:41 PM
DH and I went to town today for groceries and a few other things. While we were in Wal-Mart DH checked to see if maybe they were having a sale on the Brother SE400 sewing machine I want when my check comes in about 2 weeks. Well, Wal-Mart does it again.... they are no longer stocking or selling the Brother SE400 (at least not in my Wal-Mart) DH was not happy, I think he was going to buy it for me today since he had a little extra money from selling a black powder gun. They were having a big fabric sale also. I wish I had a lot of extra money, I would have did a lot of fabric shopping. I hope they are not getting rid of the craft department here... I will be very P.O.ed. They already quilt selling the ink cartridges we need for the printer we bought. The only reason we went with the printer we did was because the employee said..."Oh we always stock Lexmark, it's the brand we always carry." NOT! they quilt selling that them!
I have become so frustrated with Wal-Mart that I don't even want to shop there any longer, but I don't have much choice where I live. They do have a regular grocery store but the prices are so much higher.

I guess it will be off to Springfield to shop for my sewing machine in a couple weeks.

Genny
June 5th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Go to walmart.com and type in Brother SE400...they have it for $359.88 with free shipping to store or 97 cent shipping to your home.

bkthomas
June 5th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Sorry to hear about your aggravation. Will be happy for you when you get your new machine.

kelliedi
June 5th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Donna heres the deal with wm...... go online and usually you can get it cheaper than in the store anyway....For example: my youngest wanted a game for the Wii and i told him that i would look online to make sure that he had enough money saved up. On line it was 14.97 with free shipping in the store same game was 34.97. No Joke. So i told him by ordering online i could save him 20.00 so we ordered it. Unbeknownst to us WM has a order/pay online, pick up in store on some items. So we payed for it and picked up the game within a hour and still saved 20.00. So it does pay to check online. So in a couple of weeks plug in the zip of the store you want to pick it up at and maybe it will be cheaper.kellie

Lisa Albrecht
June 6th, 2012, 12:05 AM
That is the truth kellidi! On line is almost always cheaper, and they have a few things online that you can't find in your local store. We use the site to store feature to send toys to family far away. Cheaper than us buying and paying to ship.

phoots
June 6th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Let me tell you about buying things online....my BF and I were looking for a kitty condo. We went to several stores and they were all either too expensive or too small. So we looked online. We found the condo that we wanted at a very reasonable price and it was delivered to our apartment!!!

Pam in Vegas

auntiemern
June 6th, 2012, 02:20 AM
I know what you mean. Ever since ours little WM moved into the new Super Center I have hated even going there. Check different online sites for your machine. Rhonda bought hers thru Amazon.com and it is cheaper there now than when she bought hers 4 months ago. I have thought about getting that one or the Singer Stylus 9600 for about the same price. It doesn't have the embroidery feature though, but comes with case and several feet. Decisions, decisions.

tortugaquilter
June 6th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Amazon has it $359.60 I think. They are great to work with if you need to return it. No shipping.

buckeyequilter
June 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM
I only shop at WalMart as a last resort. Too many bad experiences. The last bad experience was order on line and pick up in the store - well that won't be happening again. Amazon is my favorite on-line store - my own personal mini-mall.

aliaslaceygreen
June 6th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I only shop at WalMart as a last resort. Too many bad experiences. The last bad experience was order on line and pick up in the store - well that won't be happening again. Amazon is my favorite on-line store - my own personal mini-mall.

I go into WM once every 6 weeks. I head directly to the pharmacy, I don't pass go, collect $200 or anything else. Pharmacy for insulin for the CAT! and out again. If the darned animal had medical insurance I'd go elsewhere. But otherwise, any amt of $$ more is worth it to stay out of there to me!

CrazyMtnLady
June 6th, 2012, 10:12 AM
I will definitely check online for a sewing machine and my printer cartridges. As for the buy online/pick up at the store feature.. then clerk told DH that they were not going to stock the Brother SE400 any longer so picking one up at the store would not be an option.

I was in a bit of a hurry or I would have asked if they were doing away with the craft department. I couldn't believe all the fabric that was in the center isle on clearance. And I really didn't pay attention to the rest of the department.

I will start searching online and see where the best deal is.

Thanks all.

pcbatiks
June 6th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Glad to know I'm not the only one!! I agree with Trish and Shirley.....gave up on "that place" several years ago! I'm a Target girl....too bad they don't have fabric!

Granny Judy
June 6th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Across the nation, Wal-mart is making changes and re arranging their isles. I was so disgusted with ours that I refused to go back till the dust settles. The "greeters are gone" and I made such good friends with several. The fabric isles are taller and every isle has lost several inches so that it is hard to pass another cart--and some isles you CAN'T. More Cheaply made crap is stocked. And watch out for those "bargains"... they are NOT cheaper, but often cost more than If you purchased it out-right. 1/2 yard of fabric sold for the same amount as a full yard of the same material and pattern. ( I brought this to their attention and got a weird look from the clerk...who denied having anything to do with the "discount" pricing)

My Scrapbooking supplie choices have dwindled down from 2 large isles to 1/2 isle that is shared with Wedding crafts. The womens shoes are no longer displayed with open shoes on shelves.. they are all in boxes that you have to figure out what the "#@ll" since there isn't even a picture.. The quality there has went in the toilet.. And I can no longer find my favorite slipper.

Don't get me started on the grocery part!! Cheap, Cheaper, Cheapest is my final word on the way Wal-mart is going..

Whew, thanks for lettimg me VENT..... Looking for new stores with quality merchandise that I can afford to shop at.

buckeyequilter
June 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Across the nation, Wal-mart is making changes and re arranging their isles. I was so disgusted with ours that I refused to go back till the dust settles. The "greeters are gone" and I made such good friends with several. The fabric isles are taller and every isle has lost several inches so that it is hard to pass another cart--and some isles you CAN'T. More Cheaply made crap is stocked. And watch out for those "bargains"... they are NOT cheaper, but often cost more than If you purchased it out-right. 1/2 yard of fabric sold for the same amount as a full yard of the same material and pattern. ( I brought this to their attention and got a weird look from the clerk...who denied having anything to do with the "discount" pricing)

My Scrapbooking supplie choices have dwindled down from 2 large isles to 1/2 isle that is shared with Wedding crafts. The womens shoes are no longer displayed with open shoes on shelves.. they are all in boxes that you have to figure out what the "#@ll" since there isn't even a picture.. The quality there has went in the toilet.. And I can no longer find my favorite slipper.

Don't get me started on the grocery part!! Cheap, Cheaper, Cheapest is my final word on the way Wal-mart is going..

Whew, thanks for lettimg me VENT..... Looking for new stores with quality merchandise that I can afford to shop at.

Vent away...I'm right there with you. DH likes WM for some things but I told him he better NEVER AGAIN buy meat or produce there. If not for DH I would not ever set foot in WM, I will drive an extra half hour to shop.

K. McEuen
June 6th, 2012, 11:35 AM
As mad as all of you are you can imagine that Sam Walton is rolling in his grave. The Walmart of today is not what he had in mind. All the changes and downhill spiral came after his death, when his kids took over and set their sights on nothing but the almighty dollar.

CrazyMtnLady
June 6th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Karen, you got that right about Sam Walton!
Judy, you can vent as much as you want to vent. DH is so fed up with the shoe department also. He wears size 13 and can never find a shoe that fits.
I think I would rather take a day and drive the 60 or 70 miles to Springfield and go to Target or K-Mart instead of having to go to this Wal-Mart. Plus going to Springfield at least I can go out to eat at a good Chinese Buffet and hit the Good Will Thrift Store!!!!