PDA

View Full Version : SORRY BUT I NEED TO VENT TO SOMEBODY!!!!

RFREE
June 5th, 2012, 07:50 PM
O.k. so last week me and my DH was sitting in the yard contemplating on whether to buy new tires(6) for the "Big rolling turd" (our camper). The first thing out of his mouth was "It's no big deal.Piece of cake". I immediately said "NOOOOOO don't ever say that you know things don't go as planned for us!" Well the tires are on but after he took off the front wheels we decided we needed front brakes and calipers to the tune of $125+ since we had the wheel off we thought oh why not. But( always; there is a but) when we got the brakes on; the brakes wouldn't pump up.NO BRAKES!!! So we decided the brake booster had gone out.TO THE TUNE OF $80.00 he put on a booster;that by the way was bad.STILL the brakes would not hold pressure. Again NO BRAKES now front or back!!! All that is left is the master cylinder.AGAIN to the tune of $50.00 we now have the master cylinder yet to be put on because he had to go to work.Bad thing is he has had a pinched nerve in his neck for over a week and is in pain every time he moves his arm. So with mounting' balancing the tires and new valve stems and all these freakin parts we weren't expecting to have to have; we are well into over $1200.00 for the "BIG OL ROLLING TURD"!!! Thank god he is able to do all this himself if he couldn't have; there is no telling how much a mechanic would have charged us to fix all this stuff. I just hope the master cylinder takes care of the brakes as all that is left is the brake lines and they are defiantly not leaking any where. The moral of this story is ....NEVER NEVER EVER SAY....."IT'S NO BIG DEAL...PIECE OF CAKE".
Wish us luck with the master cylinder!!
Thanks for listening.
Rhonda

Blondie
June 5th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Oh good grief! If it isn't one thing it's a dozen others. It IS good he is able to do this himself. good luck with the master cylinder.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hope that does the trick, and you can camp in peace! And get there safely!

EnumclawGramma
June 5th, 2012, 08:13 PM
You're preachin' to the choir girlfriend! Been there, done that....bought the Tshirt!

Divine Daisy
June 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
I knew there was a reason I never camp!

GrammaBabs
June 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Alas.... i know your story well,,,, only with us it is EVERYTHING....Car repairs, appliance repairs..pumnbing, electrical , just don't say... "hey maybe we otta get someone to do that"!!!! lawn care, snow plowing, even rugs installation, walls, new bathroom kitchen... yadayada...i think in 43yrs. we have paid maybe 5 times for someone to do work for us.... LOL One of which was the 20x30ft inground pool.... (and that was after we used the 25ft round for years),, took it down "ourselves,, me and DH along"... he built himself an oversized 2 car garage.. ALONE.. I helped with the "hoisting of the lumber for the roof and angle pieces...
ANYWHOOOO...Now we live where they mow and plow.. (my yard, it's done before they get here... to his taste).... he will "let" them wen he can't no more!!!!! LOL
So Bask in the glory..... they are keepers.... i think... and he's just as good at taking care of me!!!! I'm falling apart now, so he's there picking up after me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vent away... we get it!!!!!!HAHAHAHAH

auntiemern
June 5th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I know the feeling well. Every month it is something. New tires for DH's truck, $700, well pump repair, $800, something or another on the trolling motor the past 2 months, $450, AC in truck, $400. I really need a couple of repair free months. Good luck with the "rolling turd". Hope the MC fixes the problem.

K. McEuen
June 5th, 2012, 09:08 PM
<--- Uses a tent. Costs at most $200.00 to replace it. ;)

I feel for you, really. It's been a year of house repairs for us. I'm beginning to think it would have been cheaper to burn it down and rebuild.

bec
June 5th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Yep, been there. We find that every time we brag about something or say that something will not be a big deal, it turns around and bites us in the butt. I try to just keep my mouth shut...which sometimes is no easy accomplishment.

Hope the master cylinder does the trick and you can go camping and RELAX. Happy camping!

Bubby
June 5th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Imagine how horrific it would have been with labor charges added! Let's hope that's done with for a good long time....(((Hugs)))

Genny
June 5th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Your tire story reminds me of my daughter and her idea for replacing the tile in her bathroom. (no big deal)... It started out with the wall tiles, then a new stool, then they decided they needed a new floor and by the time my husband and I went over after work to see how they were doing there was nothing left in their bathroom...not even the tub...and they were sitting at the table exhausted. About a week later they had a whole new bathroom. Its been about 8 years and to this day they still don't like talking about it.

madampolo
June 5th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Did he just forget to put brake fluid in? My Automatic Braking System (ABS) went out. It was a 50 cent part encased in a $800 master controller. Had to replace the controller, of course. Also, my deceased husband's truck sat in the garage for three years being "protected" as it was almost new. When I took it out, it wouldn't run smooth. I took it in, and all of my fuel system parts had rusted. I had to replace 8 fuel injectors, and all fuel lines. That was $3,000. They insisted the truck had been in water, and I told them no, it hadn't. Houston has a high humidity, and it just rusted away inside a garage. They gave me a pint of the fuel, and it was nothing but rust.

Monique
June 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Never fails huh.

BellasQuilts
June 5th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Okay, sounds too familiar, you must be Irish, right? IF we didn't have bad luck we would have no luck at all.

RFREE
June 5th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Did he just forget to put brake fluid in? My Automatic Braking System (ABS) went out. It was a 50 cent part encased in a $800 master controller. Had to replace the controller, of course. Also, my deceased husband's truck sat in the garage for three years being "protected" as it was almost new. When I took it out, it wouldn't run smooth. I took it in, and all of my fuel system parts had rusted. I had to replace 8 fuel injectors, and all fuel lines. That was $3,000. They insisted the truck had been in water, and I told them no, it hadn't. Houston has a high humidity, and it just rusted away inside a garage. They gave me a pint of the fuel, and it was nothing but rust.

Oh yea I forgot to mention the 5 bottles of break fluid that we blew out on the ground trying to make sure all the air was out of the lines. So we definitely didn't forget the fluid. I swear when it rains it pour around here. $3000.00 Oh boy I would have had a stroke for sure. Another thing too. I called to check on how much it would cost "me" to have the tires mounted and balanced(keep in mind they were off the vehicle)And I would be bringing them; they didn't have to take them off.)The man said uuu it will be $30.00 each. REALLY? I think because I was a woman the price just went up because my DH called and they said $18.00 are you kidding me? I wanted to call back and ask the man if a jar of vasiline came with that but my DH wouldn't let me:( Just sayin!
Some men are just pigs!!!

MRoy
June 5th, 2012, 10:19 PM
AMEN, Sister Rhonda! Preach it! I hate it when some idiot tries to take advantage of me because I'm a "girl" who isn't supposed to know better...and if he calls me "hon" while trying it, I may go over the counter after him!

CrazyMtnLady
June 5th, 2012, 10:22 PM
I feel for you! I know how it is when it rains it pours. That is the way it has been with our hay baling equipment this year. As far as the guy giving you a different price than he gave your DH I would be calling the Better Business Bureau and reporting them.

Sandy Navas
June 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
AMEN, Sister Rhonda! Preach it! I hate it when some idiot tries to take advantage of me because I'm a "girl" who isn't supposed to know better...and if he calls me "hon" while trying it, I may go over the counter after him!

Hon or 'girls' always gets me. I've told quite a few condescending males off . . . and then walked out of the store/shop.

Winniesfriend
June 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM
LOL, Hope you feel better now that you have vented, my hubby has decided to take down a verandah that he put up about 15 years ago because it leaks where it shouldnt - has done since he put it up but now its time to fix it when we are thinking of selling the house

New York Sue
June 5th, 2012, 11:26 PM
He DID NOT say that.
I've learned the hard way, to avoid 'no big deal' and, ESPECIALLY avoid, 'it's a walk in the park". Surely, bad karma will follow.
(It's like saying 'it's quiet tonight' in Labor and Delivery or the ER. Any Doc, nurse, tech, aide or housekeeper who's been around long enough KNOWS to NEVER utter the Q word.....).
Anyhoo, glad the TURD is fixed. Be thankful you have a DH that can fix such things. And please share line two of this post with him!
;)