PDA

View Full Version : KITTIES ARE HERE!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
June 4th, 2012, 05:00 PM
This is how I have spent my day. It started at 8:20am and I decided to get up and give Momma a rest although I think there is still atleast one more. I was hoping for a yellow one to replace my poor Georgie and this is what I ended up with so far. She crawled up on my lap and began to have contractions. AND AWAY WE GOOOOOOOO!!!!!
So far we are at a count of 7 ...yes I said SEVEN! 3 little Georgies and 4 black/gray tigers. Ava's stomach still is making movements and it sure feels like there is still at least one more in there. The last female I had, had Georgie 2 days after having the first 2 so I will just keep an eye on her. She is one tired little momma right now.
I have towels to wash! They are all sound asleep right now. What an awesome day this has been.

Slokarma
June 4th, 2012, 05:14 PM
o my! and momma does look whooppered out! Thanks for sharing those pics!

cyndiofthevortex
June 4th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Oh my goodness! What I wouldn't give to see them! They are crazy beautiful. I love them! Oh my oh my oh my!

buckeyequilter
June 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Oh wow....how tiny and sweet :)

auntiemern
June 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Congrats Donna on the new grand kittens. They sure are cuties. Momma looks plumb tuckered out. Thanks for sharing the pics.

quiltingtrish
June 4th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Awwww.

Hugs,

Shannon
June 4th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I want one!! Best cat I ever had was a big ole orange tabby!

Susan M
June 4th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Awwwww I just love kittens and tiger cats. The mom is so sweet. Thanks for the pics.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 4th, 2012, 05:37 PM
I want one!! Best cat I ever had was a big ole orange tabby!
And I 've got my orange tabby laying right next to me! Can't beliee she had 7 and maybe one more! That is quite a litter!

Loonwatcher
June 4th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Oh so cute! Good job Momma (with an assist from Donna). I want one - I wish!

PAQuilter
June 4th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Awwwww, momma cat looks pleased as punch as she snuggles with the new babies. I'd say she is going to be a good momma cat!! Have fun with the babies Grandma!

nur5e
June 4th, 2012, 06:17 PM
precious little babies! good job, mama!

Margok
June 4th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Momma and her kits. what a beautiful sight. such a patient cat. Mommas need care too!

CrazyMtnLady
June 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
So far we are still at 7. They are either nursing or resting. I did my towels and even got my dishes done. Now DH is really wanting dinner so I guess I should start cooking my chicken.. I have really neglected him today poor fella! LOL

bec
June 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Oh, how cute! I love grey tabbies and yellow ones too. Glad you got your Georgie! :)

Sandy Navas
June 4th, 2012, 07:11 PM
What a wonderful sight!! When I was about 13 or 14 I was lying in the yard on a blanket and one of our cats came out and proceeded to have her kittens right behind me . . . don't remember anything about numbers or even what the cat looked like, but I do remember the surprise to all of a sudden have a litter on the blanket behind me.

Monique
June 4th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Congratulations on the kitties. Momma does look done in. I guess I would be too after birthing 7 babies.

Bubby
June 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM
What sweet pictures. Momma sure looks worn out but pleased with herself! Congrats on getting so many Georgies!! :)

Ginny B
June 4th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Oh, so sweet. Momma looks tired but very pleased. Have fun with those little cuties. I miss having a cat.

Ginny B

Jean Sewing Machine
June 4th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Are those little long hair tabbies? They are all so precious. And Ava sure relied on you, so many momma cats go hide to have their kittens, but she wanted you there to help her through it! Amazing!

CrazyMtnLady
June 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Jean, so far they all seem to be short haired like their momma but that may change of course. I know most cats go hide, but what is amazing is the last female I had gave birth to 2 litters and both of them were just like this was, on towels between my legs as I sat on the bed. I rubbed her tummy all the way through, it was so awesome and not really that yucky either.

Jean Sewing Machine
June 4th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Jean, so far they all seem to be short haired like their momma but that may change of course. I know most cats go hide, but what is amazing is the last female I had gave birth to 2 litters and both of them were just like this was, on towels between my legs as I sat on the bed. I rubbed her tummy all the way through, it was so awesome and not really that yucky either.That is so sweet! I guess in your first photo they are still wet, they look like they are long haired. Can't wait to see them as they grow! Got my orange tabby on my stomach as I am typing, he's purring his brains out. 15 years old, act like a youngster still.

madampolo
June 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Having just adopted a puppy, I spent some time at the local animal shelter looking at both cats and dogs. It breaks your heart to leave any of them there. What will you be doing with these babies? They are so cute!

phoots
June 5th, 2012, 01:08 AM
My last cat to have kittens needed help for whatever reason. We started about 3 in the afternoon and I needed up having to lightly tug each one to get them out. My Momma only had 4 but the last one wasn't born until about 2 in the morning. We were both tired after that...and I had to go to work the next day!! What an experience though!! I'll never forget!!

Love your babies!!!

Pam in Vegas

CrazyMtnLady
June 5th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Having just adopted a puppy, I spent some time at the local animal shelter looking at both cats and dogs. It breaks your heart to leave any of them there. What will you be doing with these babies? They are so cute!

I will probably keep one and only one of the males. I would like one of the yellow ones..."Junior" (for Georgie Jr.) but DH is really liking one of the black/gray tigers. Problem is the one he likes best is female and I don't think we will be keeping a female!!!!!!!
I have 3 neighbors that said they wanted a couple kittens when Ava had her litter, so I think I have them all spoken for. I won't give just one away, they have to take 2 so they have a companion. And since I have Chester, Hondo and Ava, keeping one male here, it wouldn't be lonely.

As I mentioned in my Good Morning Post, I am going to fix up an area for them today where we stack our wood in the winter. It will give them so much more room. Right now they are in a kennel and momma is not too happy in there. :)

lilmouse
June 5th, 2012, 08:40 PM
they are so precious....good luck with the new babies...let us know if she has any more!