PDA

View Full Version : (sing along). "You Ought To Be In Pictures!"

Jean Sewing Machine
June 3rd, 2012, 08:44 AM
I got my chance last night, I made my film debut! Well, that doesn't include those embarassing swim suit shots my grandfather took of me when I was 6 and had no curves!

I participated in an event in our fair city called 48 Hour Film Festival. In this event, production teams produce a specific genre of film (7 minutes long) that is entered into a competition. The film is done from scratch starting at 6 p.m. On Friday, when the genres are chosen at random by the team and they get information on the three common elements that every group must include in their film.

Our group, made up of college English professors and their current and former students, including some assorted family members recruited because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, were to produce a horror film. Of course, there had to be a murder.

I was a writer, costumer and eventually, ACTRESS! I had three PIVOTAL lines, because the director's sister and I set the tone for the film, we would be the first people you see in the film. Trust two 60 something non-actresses with 3 lines each and what do you hAve? A record number of takes because we messed up halfway through! There was an occasional BLUE word that slipped out because we forgot our lines half way through. We first dressed up as the "Arsenic and Old Lace" style old ladies, but we were talking about our brother who was in his 30's, so that didn't work. We tossed off our old lady wigs, and hair was au naturale as we ploughed through. After we said our three lines each about 50 times, we finally got through it without the mess ups, hesitations, grimaces, cuss words, and the director was OK with it. He had had 1 hour of sleep in the past 30 hours, so he was ready to compromise on quality. What was he expecting, brilliant performances?

You'll see us on YouTube soon, maybe even award winning actresses! Ha! But it was a fun experience!

They turn in their edited, sound mixed, special effects added film tonight to the judges, and they show it to the contestants and anyone who wants to see it on Thursday, that's when I'll get to see the finished project.

MRoy
June 3rd, 2012, 08:56 AM
I've always wanted to be able to say I know a celebrity...and now I can! I'm sure your acting was superb and I'm looking forward to seeing you on YouTube!! Good luck in the contest!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 3rd, 2012, 09:03 AM
I've always wanted to be able to say I know a celebrity...and now I can! I'm sure your acting was superb and I'm looking forward to seeing you on YouTube!! Good luck in the contest!
Thanks, I'll send you an autographed head shot!

MRoy
June 3rd, 2012, 09:09 AM
I'll cherish it always Jean! Please don't forget the little people when you go to Hollywood. :)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 3rd, 2012, 09:10 AM
I'll cherish it always Jean! Please don't forget the little people when you go to Hollywood. :)
LOL! I will remember you for sure! My first groupie!

Panda
June 3rd, 2012, 09:44 AM
That sounded like a real fun time. I can't wait to see it.

CrazyMtnLady
June 3rd, 2012, 10:26 AM
How exciting... can't wait for it to be on youtube.

Sandy Navas
June 3rd, 2012, 10:54 AM
How much will you pay me to be your publicity agent?

madampolo
June 3rd, 2012, 10:56 AM
Post a link when it is out on YouTube. That must have been fun!

Sharon G
June 3rd, 2012, 10:57 AM
Funny story :) Would have been a barrel of laughs.

Hope you don't end up 'on the cutting room floor' Jean ;)

Look forward to watching on YouTube!

BellasQuilts
June 3rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Be sure to let us know when its on YouTube and I will grab some popcorn and watch!

cyndiofthevortex
June 3rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
You're never too old to start a new career, you know.

GrammaBabs
June 3rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOO,,,, can't wait for the YouTube....
Honestly,,,, is there No end to your talent???????????????????:)

Jean Sewing Machine
June 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOO,,,, can't wait for the YouTube....
Honestly,,,, is there No end to your talent???????????????????:)
I think we might have discovered the end last night- three measly lines and I couldn't remember &@*}!

bkthomas
June 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Too cool!!! I can hardly wait!

Blondie
June 3rd, 2012, 07:48 PM
I CANNOT wait! This is your year, Jean. Oscar and all.

auntiemern
June 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Cannot wait to see you in film. I bet it was so much fun to do. Sounds like you had a blast. Don't forget us little people when the acting bug calls you to the west coast.

buckeyequilter
June 3rd, 2012, 08:30 PM
Looking forward to seeing it :)

sewbizzy
June 3rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing it also...good luck, Jean
Carol

Genny
June 3rd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Oh how fun that must have been! Can't wait to see you on YouTube.

Winniesfriend
June 3rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Sounds like you had a lot of fun, make sure you post the youtube link

Leonie

Bubby
June 3rd, 2012, 09:26 PM
Go Jean!!! So you can sew and entertain also!!! What a woman!!!! Can't wait to see you on YouTube. :)