PDA

View Full Version : Why I have been MIA

Telliott68
June 1st, 2012, 04:37 PM
Ladies, and gents of coarse, I just wanted to let everyone know that I have truly missed getting on here on a daily basis and looking at everyone's new creations and their stories. I have been making some changes in my life that has been consuming my time and have had little time to get on here and look at all the goodies. I haven't even had time to be doing any quilting but that will change this weekend as I will be starting a Pittsburg Steeler quilt for a cop buddy of mine. I guess I should make sure that one gets done :).

Anyway, my oldest son (20) moved out and bought his house in Novmeber about a mile from my house. By the end of January me and the youngest moved out and moved in with him. There just comes a point in your life when you realize that there just isn't much left to do when it feels like you are the only one trying to hold things together. So after being married since 99 and being together since 94 it is time for us to go our seperate ways.

We have so far been able to stay civil with one another and no childish name calling or hateful remarks towards each other. I am hoping that will remain to ring true when it actually comes down to filing for divorce and figuring out who gets what and so forth. As of yet there has been no reason to bicker over anything. I am sad, however, that I had to leave my Morgan shed behind after just recently finishing out the inside to make my own little quilting studio. It breaks my heart and although DH has told me that I can have the shed moved to my new location I cannot see me forking over $800 plus to move it less than a mile!!! I have moved into one room so one side is the "bedroom" and the other side is the "sewing room". I have left most of my beloved fabrics behind in their tubs in the Morgan shed but I have free roam to come and go as I wish to get whatever I might need.

I look forward to the day that I might have my own quilting/sewing room again and not have to move stuff out of the way when I need to cut fabric to start a new project. That day will come at some point I am sure whether it be jsut me by myself or prince charming sweeping me off my feet. In the meantime, I have been trying to enjoy life a little more and get out with friends more often instead of staying hidden away in a room sewing from the time I get home until time to go to bed. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE quilting but there is life out there and things to do that I should be able to fit into my schedule as well. A friend has talked me into going out to a local restuarant once a week when the radio station is there giving away door prizes and I actually won. Me and three friends made the trip to Billy Bob's in Ft Worth to see Three Dog Night just last week. So now I at least make it a point to go to the weekly give away drawing to see if my luck might start looking up.

Wish me luck!!!!

CrazyMtnLady
June 1st, 2012, 04:42 PM
Glad to have you back with us. Good luck as you start this new path in your life. I will keep you in my prayers.

Telliott68
June 1st, 2012, 04:45 PM
Thank you Donna. I appreciate that.

lilmouse
June 1st, 2012, 04:46 PM
You are going through a rough patch right now but things will get better.....will keep you in my prayers and sending a cyber hug your way...(((((((((((hug)))))))))))

Sandy Navas
June 1st, 2012, 06:10 PM
When you are at the bottom of the hill looking up, always remember that after you fight your way to the top it will be smooth sailing for quite a while!

sewbizzy
June 1st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome back...good luck to you for now and in the future...you sound like you have a very good handle on your situation...I give you credit for moving on...I will keep you in my prayers.
Carol

sewbizzy
June 1st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I forgot to say "Go Steelers" !!!!! lol

GrammaBabs
June 1st, 2012, 08:35 PM
Tammy.... i wish you well... it's not easy making that decision and i'm sad for you having to leave a hobby you loved... but it sounds to me like you have a family willing to love and support you with this change and a plan in mind... Your quilting friends here are behind you and are happy to have you peek in and out and comment... it also sounds to me like your young enough to "party hardy"... so go for it girl... as long as your smiling and content... sleeping well and keeping busy... you'll be fine...soon you may be back at the sewing again....when your ready... i'll be thinking of you... hugs Barbara

Bubby
June 1st, 2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome back to your group of friends. I know how hard making a major change in your life can be. I made a similar change after 32 years of marriage and I've never regretted it. It will get easier with time. In the meantime you have your friends here to support you. Hugs, Barb

madampolo
June 1st, 2012, 10:15 PM
I have found there is a silver lining in every cloud, so to speak. Things that might, at the time, seem unbearable turn out to be the best thing to have done. Good luck, from another Texan!

Telliott68
June 3rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
I thank everyone for their words of encouragement. You will all be glad to know that I actually sat at my machine from the time I got up yesterday until it was time for bed!!!! It felt good to accomplish what I did. I may just finish that "Steelers" quilt for that buddy of mine and not have to worry about him putting out an APB looking for it ;). I have found that there are a few things that I can do during the week to get me out of the house so as not to be staring at the walls day in and day out. I am still young enough to enjoy myself with friends and plan on doing so and still making time for my quilting/embroidery as well. Here is what I have so far.....(I broke it into 4 sections and I completed all four top sections just yesterday alone!!!!!)......

Bubby
June 3rd, 2012, 09:15 PM
It's coming along really fast. Amazing what you can accomplish when you have the time to concentrate and sew. Great job!! :)

NanaB
June 3rd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Sorry to hear of your situation, but glad that you have the stamina to make the right decision for you and yours. We have to take care of ourselves. You're taking the right steps for yourself. Good luck to you!!!

Monique
June 4th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Tammy, wishing you all the best.